Sexploitation in Enterprise

morpheus

Watched the first episode of series 3 of Enterprise this week and although I enjoyed it (hopefully a sign of better things to come from what has been an only average series so far) I was totally sickened by the new levels of sexploitation of T'Pol.

Jolene Blalock is a decent actress and deserves more than being trotted out to show off her body every other episode. The scene with her and Trip rubbing each other's 'neural nodes' (backs) was awful and did nothing for the episode's plot nor the integirty of the series as a whole.

I really thought the show's producers would give us fans a bit more credit from now on, seeing as the unnecessary 'decontamination' scenes of previous years had failed to attract more viewers and, if anything, was driving more traditional Trekkies away.

For me, Seven of Nine's cat suits were about as far as Star Trek should ever go down this gratuitous and Baywatch-esque path. And I thought that Vulcans really didn't like being touched too??

• Moderators

I don't have problem with sex as long as it's not stuck in there for the hell of it, I think it's necessary for some story development but I think they're overdoing it and it becomes pointless sadly.

I read about what was going to happen to her character in the papers and was quite shocked as its so not her. To be honest i felt there was no point for that scene even happening.. already i can see a softening in her hair.. more make - up and different dress. So what are they trying to do with her?

Jolene Blalock is a decent actress and deserves more than being trotted out to show off her body every other episode. The scene with her and Trip rubbing each other's 'neural nodes' (backs) was awful and did nothing for the episode's plot nor the integirty of the series as a whole.

Ok only one thing I have to say here - Jolene Balock is extremely fit :D