How many of us in here are going to see NM this saturday? (31st)

xkleex

• Moderators

If there was any room for confusion then I'd understand, but there's literally no room there for wrong interpretation is there?

It's pretty crystal clear. They are advertising a New Moon advanced screening.

I can't get onto the main Showcase site, but can anyone look to see if they are advertising Twilight + preview NM scenes and screencap it?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, im still confused, plus i just went on thwir site, reserved seats for the 4.30pm showing, put in my card details and then was told i was unsucsessfull. I dont understand cos i put in all the details in time and it said i had the seats. I better not get charged.

It still says advanced showing of NM. :huh:

• Moderators

Yep, I just got off the phone to them.

They said they will refund tickets, but they can only do it on site, so everyone has to go to Bluewater to get ticket refunds.

I've just written them an email about it all.

Yep, I just got off the phone to them.

They said they will refund tickets, but they can only do it on site, so everyone has to go to Bluewater to get ticket refunds.

I've just written them an email about it all.

Aye that's what Jen has been told too, utter horsecrap imo if u can sell online u can refund online

Ok guys, I need to rant and I have a feeling you'll understand.

I booked travel from Leeds to London for this event. Plus I bought tickets for my friend and I. That's about £60 when all is said and done.

I asked them about a refund, and they said I'd have to come to Kent to get it! Ridiculous!

More than that, I want a refund for my travel costs. No way I'd have booked it unless there was this showing, and I only booked them under the understanding that there was an advanced screening of New Moon. As there isn't and this is CLEARLY false advertising, I believe Showcase Cinemas should be responsible for reimbursing travel costs for every single person who bought a cinema ticket and transportation to and from Bluewater. I'd rather stay home this weekend. I have no real reason to go to London, although it'll be nice to see my friend. I'm seeing her in a few weeks though when I'm in town with my course, so it's not necessary.

Does anyone have any idea how to professional and diplomatically go about demanding a refund for all costs incurred? I mean, it's not just me. There are plenty of us who put money down to go to this thing. We shouldn't be held responsible for the costs when it was Showcase's fault.

• Moderators

Well I wait with interest to see what they reply with. Hopefully before the weekend.

If not, we have the screen caps, and everyone has travel tickets etc, so I suggest letters to head office will be necessary with photocopies of everything.

It's their mistake, no one elses. It stated quite clearly that it was New Moon.

It's not even so much getting the money back for the show, it's travel costs. They should SO get done for some sort of false advertising. Also, everyone who i was going with are distraught!

HAHA though, they have a big issue on their hands! It's all over the internet, on places like timeout, alongside the official release dates. GUTTED. They will get their comeuppance.

Should I go to London or not? I'm really worried that I'll decide not to go and they'll not give me a refund, so that'll be £30 flushed down the toilet just in transportation.

As for the tickets, I refuse to go to Bluewater to get them. Like Talie said, you buy them online, I expect a refund in the same way. You have my credit card details. I never entered a pin. The woman I spoke to kept going on about chip and pin, chip and pin, but the bottom line is, I didn't pay at the cinema! My pin is in no way involved thus far.

David, what e-mail address did you send it to? I was just looking for a place on their website to file a complaint. I want to go straight to the top. I really think that if all of us band together and lodge a complain as a group, they can't ignore us. I mean, we could legitimately take this to court, I believe, under false advertisement and demand money for expenses incurred if it came down to it and they downright refused to refund us. I'm really upset right now, so sorry if I'm sounding really extreme. I'm also American. It is the American way to sue. :huh:

• Moderators

Customer Service is ukcs@national-amusements.com so I used that one, but I'm looking for around for any corporate direct contacts on other sites.

Because National Amusements are an American company, it's tough to find UK numbers.

I don't really know what to do about cancelling my ticket. Obviously I won't be there to claim my ticket, and I simply cannot afford to go to Kent just to get a refund. And we shouldn't have to.

My friend gave me this number: 0115 986 2508 She said "or you can call 0115 986 2508 and complain to the head office!!" so I can only assume this is head office?

EDIT: what do you think about e-mailing all the big main Twilight sites to get the word out? Maybe it'll help the "Get back our transportation/ticket money without having to go to Kent" Mission if the community came out and pressured Showcase to reimburse us all for all expenses incurred (if it came to the point of needing to pressure them)? I don't know, I'm desperate right now. I can't afford to just waste money, and I know I'm not alone on that one!

Edited by xihearttwilightx

has anyone else noticed how the times have now changed from 4:30 and 7:25 to 7:45 and 11:00? If you go to the new moon page it has a synopsis and everything and they're selling it through that. That's some of the worst false advertising i;ve ever seen, i'm tempted to go to Trading Standards.

Hey all

I dont know if any of you have but ive just spoken to the cinema twice and the MANAGER and they have said its a mix up!!!!!!!

They now have stopped people online and on the phone booking tickets while they change the booking details and advert, as its diplayed incorrectly......

They also said they have informed a few fan pages who have been in contact of the details as they had announced it as true earlier today.

:P:(

Them - :D - me

The last hope is gone. I am beyond angry

Wait wait wait..."announced it as true" as in they had gone beyond just the false advertisements and actually told people it was really going to happen when they called in or asked about it? That just put them in an even worse position. That's not a mix up!

Going to Trading Standards? I'm not sure what that is, but I'm with you all the way! This whole thing is just ridiculous and I really don't think they understand how serious it is.

Edited by xihearttwilightx

• Moderators

Well I just phoned that number up there, and got through to someone.

She said the district manager is on holiday until Friday afternoon, but she took my name and number, and will hopefully get in contact.

She sounded very annoyed about it being put on the site, I reckon someone's gonna get it :D

Going to Trading Standards? I'm not sure what that is, but I'm with you all the way! This whole thing is just ridiculous and I really don't think they understand how serious it is.

Trading Standards is an independant body which basically protects the customer and inspects companies...well...trading standards. I know people who have booked flights from America :D non refundable flights that cost hundreds of pounds.

i stand by my original comment - as an apology, they should ACTUALLY show new moon.