Filming of skit

Tiggerboing

I don't think any announcement was made as in previous hubs about not filming the skits and uploading anywhere but I presume the same rule applied at hub3.

As anyone who attended previous hubs we all know that this should not be done as it can cause issues for both the guests and massive events and could result in these type of things not being able go be done or even guests not attending the event.

So if anyone does see anywhere where film has been put on can we as previously police the Internet, you tube etc and ask for it to be removed.

Then we will all be able to carry on enjoying the fun.

While I remember, there's a part of a Muggle Mayhem talk on youtube, I reported it but apparently my report would be ignored if it wasn't MY copyright that was being violated or something. It's of Frank Dillane reciting his lines, if anyone from ME wants to get it removed.

I don't think any announcement was made as in previous hubs about not filming the skits and uploading anywhere but I presume the same rule applied at hub3.

It was emphasised on more than one occasion that I remember that filming was not allowed under any circumstances.

It was emphasised on more than one occasion that I remember that filming was not allowed under any circumstances.

Shared the lift after the skit with some girls who were boasting about how they'd filmed it, and they actually said that they believed that it was okay because there hadn't been any announcement before the skit itself saying that they couldn't. I (as politely as I could) joined their conversation to tell them that the no filming rule applies all the time and to ask them to not put it up anywhere.

So unfortunately it seems that it needs to be emphasized even more than it was.

Edited by erykah

I recorded the kiss from the skit but that was it, and simply because I knew screen grabs from it would come out better than a photo in such a short amount of time. But it's only 3 seconds long and there is absolutely no way I would post it anywhere - i haven't even showed it to anyone lol.

I hope the skit is taken off youtube soon if it hasn't already - I don't like the possibility of one person's video possibly ruining stuff for us in the future.

Sorry, if I get flamed for saying this and personally I DONT CARE!

People who recorded the skit/talks etc (even at other events) please realize people like YOU can spoil it for others.... Yes I mean by being told not to take photos at all etc....

SO PLEASE STOP IT..... AS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL SPOIL IT, AND ITS NOT FAIR!

I've just politely asked both people who've uploaded videos from the event if they could remove them, I can see where you're all coming from and hope it doesn't prevent things like the skit and talks at the panels from happening in the future. Hopefully the videos from the event will be removed now and fingers crossed, no more will be uploaded at a later date. :huh:

Edited by Doctor Who

As there are obviously a lot around this time, I would think it's probably already done the damage, and Twilight rules will be imposed. Again, the selfish, idiotic few have spoiled it for the majority. But hey, they've got their 30 second, bad quality videos taken from halfway back in the hall, why should they care about causing a blanket photo ban?

SELFISH ***** (I'm using the worst word I know there, so I've starred it).

What utter turds!

I'm used to going to Cons that do not allow photos to be taken willy nilly (Witchfest has a no photo rule, and at Bicon, you have to ask anyone who is in the photo, including those in the background, whether they want to be in it), so I really appreciated the ability to take photos, especially of the skit.

I really, really can't believe that anyone was stupid/naive/utterly moronic enough to believe that ANYONE could have thought it was ok to record the whole thing and then stick it up on YouTube! If you are, then I worry about you in the future, cos the real world is gonna hurt!

I truely cannot understand why people would do it *baffled*, and to say that they thought it was ok because there was no announcement beforehand, really, do you need to be spoonfed that much, seriously????

*fumes*

SELFISH ***** (I'm using the worst word I know there, so I've starred it).

What utter turds!

I'm used to going to Cons that do not allow photos to be taken willy nilly (Witchfest has a no photo rule, and at Bicon, you have to ask anyone who is in the photo, including those in the background, whether they want to be in it), so I really appreciated the ability to take photos, especially of the skit.

I really, really can't believe that anyone was stupid/naive/utterly moronic enough to believe that ANYONE could have thought it was ok to record the whole thing and then stick it up on YouTube! If you are, then I worry about you in the future, cos the real world is gonna hurt!

I truely cannot understand why people would do it *baffled*, and to say that they thought it was ok because there was no announcement beforehand, really, do you need to be spoonfed that much, seriously????

*fumes*

I remember at previous hubs they said the reason not to film skits and put them on youtube etc is because they were playing their torchwood characters and that it could land people in trouble with bbc etc and that if they were posted they wouldnt be able to do anything like it again which is why it is a lot worse to put the skits on than the talks etc. I hope a few idoits havent ruined what is now becoming a tradition - how fantastic was it when kai burst onto the stage on saturday.

there are videos of skit & talks here: http://shambolicasfuck.livejournal.com/153336.html entry has now been deleted

This is written at end of post: "Already got the one or other: TAKE IT DOWN IT WASN'T ALLOWED TO FILM THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - comment and *sigh* IDK what to do. I mean - What do you guys think? Is it really such a big sin to upload/post those videos? ^^"

I've already commented and have only posted the link in the hope that more people will comment and get the videos removed from both livejournal and youtube. Will delete this link as soon as the videos are gone. (or before if that's best)

EDIT: LJ entry & YouTube vids deleted, thanks for comments/messages etc.

Edited by Allieandra

Well done on getting that taken down. People like her need a slap. 'We weren't allowed to take pictures in the signing area but we don't care', 'the red shirt guard said no but we don't care'. You don't care but you'd be among the first to whine if cameras are banned completely at the next one, won't you? Maybe some of the responsible German contingent on here would like to have a word so there's nothing lost in translation :P

• Showmasters Admin

this skit did not contain much that could be seen as not good so we felt that it would be fine to let this go

thanks for helping police this as in the past it needed to be and maybe in the future it may well need to be again but for this skit i think we are all ok with this being aired

thanks team for helping

yours

jason :wub: