Question about rooms at the Park Inn

expecto-patronum

Yeah, I knew they were about that much. I can't afford to pay up front so I'm happy with not getting the con rate.

xxx

Cool, it's just some people think they're automatically getting ultra cheap rooms that way, but not necessarily :whistling:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I knew they were about that much. I can't afford to pay up front so I'm happy with not getting the con rate.

xxx

Cool, it's just some people think they're automatically getting ultra cheap rooms that way, but not necessarily :D

same reason just could not pay up front that quickly lol

Any chance of this being cleared up and confirmed? I asked a crew member at the weekend and they said there would be a code, if there isnt then im annoyed they told me otherwise cause there dosnt seem to be rooms! this should of been made clear at the time of telling us.

Any chance of this being cleared up and confirmed? I asked a crew member at the weekend and they said there would be a code, if there isnt then im annoyed they told me otherwise cause there dosnt seem to be rooms! this should of been made clear at the time of telling us.

You are better off to call and speak to the hotel than trying to book online now probably.

You don't need a code. Thats fairly clear from several of the posts in this thread.

Ring up the Park Inn and say you want to stay for the Hub 4 event. They will automatically apply the con rate to your booking which is £65 per night including breakfast. But you must pay for your full stay immediately. This payment is non refundable so if you can't attend the con you lose your hotel money.

Or you can try and find the few rooms on other websites which aren't booked out to the con. These will inevitably have higher rates but will have better cancellation policies in that you don't have to pay now. However I suspect the handful of rooms that were available that can be cancelled are dwindling fast if not already gone.

hope this helps.

if there saying that you have to pay the rate upfront that is the CON rate. the whole hotel is now booked for non guests only con rooms available. if you have booked through late rooms ectra i would confirm with the hotel as i know people have booked through them and have been told they will have to transfer to another hotel.

it came in to play after eclipse2 because of all the cancellations because the line up wasn't as good and the hotel lost money ( crew ect ended up in the ibis)

it will be about 69 a night including breakfast for a room for 2 people.

you have to pay in advance.

you will not get your money back unless the event is cancelled.

ibis you can book and pay on the day you get there, plus if once you booked you take emails from them they send offers through, i was booked up for the twilight con and by checking my email after i first booked i managed to save a fortune by re booking later on. 140 for the full weekend fri sat and sun.

there is also the royal hotel aswell but as i've never stayed there i cant comment.

I've booked a room through late rooms, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work, it was worth a go at least. Still angry at my computer though, cause I cold have had all this sorter earlier if It hadn't crashed so epically :/

Edited by Octarina

hope this helps.

if there saying that you have to pay the rate upfront that is the CON rate. the whole hotel is now booked for non guests only con rooms available. if you have booked through late rooms ectra i would confirm with the hotel as i know people have booked through them and have been told they will have to transfer to another hotel.

it came in to play after eclipse2 because of all the cancellations because the line up wasn't as good and the hotel lost money ( crew ect ended up in the ibis)

it will be about 69 a night including breakfast for a room for 2 people.

you have to pay in advance.

you will not get your money back unless the event is cancelled.

ibis you can book and pay on the day you get there, plus if once you booked you take emails from them they send offers through, i was booked up for the twilight con and by checking my email after i first booked i managed to save a fortune by re booking later on. 140 for the full weekend fri sat and sun.

there is also the royal hotel aswell but as i've never stayed there i cant comment.

I booked direct through the park inn website and got panicky but have called then twice today and both times they checked my reservation on computer and said that it was fine and the room was mine. They told me this is because there were a few rooms that were not reserved by the organisers and mine was one of them. I dont know about booking through secondary sites though as did not ask.

Hmm, booking for Hub 2, I was able to book 2 rooms out at the hotel on con rate and not pay till I got there. ???

At the first hub, they would not let you book a room for hub 2 until you had your receipt from the reg desk to prove you had paid up for your con ticket at hub 2 - this way they prob knew you were unlikely to cancel as you had your con ticket. We didnt have the same luxury this time tho - it may sting peoples pockets but it will stop people booking who as still thinking about going and leave more rooms for people who actually have their con tickets.

I just phoned the Park Inn and they didn't (as yet) have any record of my reservation, but I spoke to someone else and she said that Laterooms.com fax the reservations they get through to them so I will phone again in the morning.

xxx

Hmm, booking for Hub 2, I was able to book 2 rooms out at the hotel on con rate and not pay till I got there. ???

At the first hub, they would not let you book a room for hub 2 until you had your receipt from the reg desk to prove you had paid up for your con ticket at hub 2 - this way they prob knew you were unlikely to cancel as you had your con ticket. We didnt have the same luxury this time tho - it may sting peoples pockets but it will stop people booking who as still thinking about going and leave more rooms for people who actually have their con tickets.

They didn't ask me for the recipe I just said its the weekend of Hub 2 and they just booked it for me. I thinks either a) I'm special :P I have a easily recognisable Torchwood fan face :headscratch:

just got off the phone with the park inn for a second time, telling me he is going through all the reservations made from late room and that they are all fine

Oh, yay! I'm going to ring myself either tonight when I get in or tomorrow morning, will be so pleased if its worked!

They didn't ask me for the recipe I just said its the weekend of Hub 2 and they just booked it for me. I thinks either a) I'm special B) I have a easily recognisable Torchwood fan face :headscratch:

Neither, they weren't enforcing the pay up front rule 100% then. I booked a room over the phone 2 days after Hub 1 and got the rate without paying, they have since been stung by other conventions not having the same level of attendance and been left with empty rooms so it is rigorously enforced now.

Hi Guys,

I booked over the phone from HUB3 Sunday lunch, should I be expecting an email, as haven't had one yet?

The very nice lady on phone said she'd post out the invoice, but who knows when that will arrive with the post being weird at the mo.

I tried looking online, but it says it has no record of it, although I did chance it I guess by putting ref no in confirmation no box?

Didn't want to wait incase all the rooms go in the mean time!

Have emailed them.

Thanks,

Max

So can i just ask a really daft question because I'm getting a bit confused.

Would it be ok to just ring the hotel and try get a room that way or do you need a code or something? Do you just mention its for the Hub to get reduced rates?

Jason said on Saturday night to mention Massive events and the HUB4 con I think. There is no code as such, but I think it's best to mention the con to get afew quid off, although its non-refundable if you do.

That's what I did, the girl on the phone seemed to know alll about it, and it was the right price ie. £65 per night inc. breakfast.

Just waiting for an email/invoice now.

Hope that helps,

Max

We phoned at 8am monday mornng and the guy on the phone said to us he wasnt aware if it had yet been publicsed but he was allowed to sell us con-rate rooms right there and then we just had to pay in advance and if we cancel it will be non refundable.

if you mention your going to the con they CAN sell you the con rate.

Best to just phone in my oppinion as then everything is much clearer and the perosn we dealt with was lovely.

Having to phone isn't exactly easy when you can't hear very well. Still, I have to wait until I book anyway so there won't be any rooms left at the Park by the time I can book. If we're in an overflow hotel do we get a special rate there or not?