London crew introductions

dwarfbabe

I thought it might be good to introduce ourselves before the event, specially as some of us are newbies.

So how about it folks? Just first names, when you're working and a photo so that we recognise each other when we meet.

My name is Karen and I'll be working all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

DirkBenedict-1.jpg?t=1256469473

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57681095850561895423011.th.jpg

The Names Emm and I am crewing both days Saturday and Sunday and staying at the crew hotel.

This will be my fourth time crewing for SM but I still feel like a complete and utter newb! :whistling:

Edited by Muffin

taken this from the crew group on facebook

fc8l8k.jpg

7128_1202908643260_1544930618_30804910_4433766_n.jpg

Name: Amy

Been crewing since:june/ july[lfcc] 09

Interests: i don't really do much.

Favourite Film: do not judge me: Forest Gump

Favourite TV: heroes, hollyoaks, kyle xy, one tree hill, pushing daisies, 90210, gossip girl

Favourite Books: i've only ever read the twilight saga and of mice and men when i was in school, i don't really like reading.

My Day Job: i'm at university studying music & events management.

Edited by amyxx

Working both sat and sun (crew hotel sat night)

~~~

Name: Carrie (No not like the Stephen King book!)

Attending since: Manchester 2

Crewing since: Midlands 2 (Late bloomer :) )

Fave tv shows: SG-1, Atlantis, SGU, Bones, Firefly, CSI, Numb3rs, The 4400, OZ, Burn Notice, Flash Forward, Dollhose, Angel, Buffy, Psych, Tin Man, The Mentalist, and so on and so forth!!

Fave movies: Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas, Legally Blonde, The Fifth Element, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, oh so many film so little time.

Fave books: The Dresden Files by Jim Bucher, The Tower and the Hive series by Anne McCaffery, anything by JL Langley.

Day Job: Nothing at the mo but looking for stage management, stage hand, props, set dressing ect. One hope one will find work soon cause festival season is over and nothing is appearing.

~~~

Picture here

copied from facebook

Name: Elaine

I've beeen crewing for showmasters since: Im a newbie! But iv been attending events since C5

My interests are: I work in a hotel and really enjoy that. Love the Events. Like going bowling even though im not very good lol. I also enjoy spending time sat in bed on laptop, all relaxed with noone bothering me :-p oooh I also visit london alot to see the shows iv seen 8 so far and some of them twice lol

My favourite films are: Ill say the Potter films even tho they suck next to the books. I love Rings. Im also a fan of chick flicks Legally Blonde is the best film to watch when im having a crap day

My favourite TV shows are: Lost, Scrubs, Im liking Flash Forward, Waterloo Road, Ghost Whisperer

Day Job: Im currently working for Travelodge but iv just accepted a job working for Park Inn which I start in November. I work reception & bar and love it 70% of the time ^_^ would like to study events at Uni next year.

Me: http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/Lai...ey/P4250515.jpg

Edited by C.Parkers-Girl

I'm using Elaine's template, because it seemed like a good idea.

Name: Tracy Jane (but I'll answer to Tracy, TJ, Teej or just Trollop)

My first time crewing was LFCC. I attended several events in MK, because I lived in Dunstable (about 20 mins drive from MK) until June.

My interests are: I enjoy sewing, cross-stitch and anything crafty. I read a hell of a lot. Really love language learning and am currently attempting Danish and Spanish, but failing miserably at the former. I play clarinet, piano, alto-sax and flute and, on occasion, pretend to play the guitar and/or sing. I was a debator at university and was the coach for my university squad. Preferred position is Chief Whip or Leader of the Opposition and loe Squirreling (if anyone knows anything about BP debating).

My favourite films are: L'American, Fremde Haut, Huit Femmes, Beauty and the Beast, Stuck, The History Boys, Der Untergang and Mrs. Henderson Presents. Those are in no particular order. Also really enjoyed The Time Traveller's Wife.

My favourite TV shows are: Sanctuary, Stargate SG1, Have I Got News For You, Ashes To Ashes, BUGS. Again, no particular order.

My favourite books are: The Hours, Making History, A Handmaid's Tale, Die Wolke and L'étranger. Saying that, though, I also really enjoyed the Harry Potter books, the Twilight Saga and loe anything by Terry Pratchett. It's just that none of those made it into my top five. I really will read anything and am currently reading Khaled Hosseini's Kite Runner, Stephenie Meyer's The Host and Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals. I really want to get my hands on Margaret Atwood's latest book.

Day Job: I'm a teacher. I qualified in secondary French and German, but also taught design technology, drama, English, science, history and R.E. in my last permanent position, as well as having taught primary. I'm currently a supply teacher and work throughout the midlands. It gives me a lot of freedom and I really enjoy the lack of paperwork.

n286107532_5937689_5536487.jpg

And that would be me.

Hi all!

My name is Jen, I'm 22, I live about 20 mins away from London and I'm helping set up Friday and also working Saturday & Sunday. I'm a graphic/web designer (need any design help? Let me know), but currently working as the FOH Manager of a theatre. I've been attending Collectormania since CM4 and I love it! I used to attend for the Buffy celebs, but now go for Stargate.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

meshankshuga.jpg

Edited by buffypurple12

OK what I think you're doing is only copying what you can see of the address - because it's so long, you need to highlight then drag it down to get the rest of the address, which should end in .jpg then.

That's what I had to do anyway.

I'll delete all these posts once this works damnit :thumbup:

ooooh i didn't realise you could scroll down...ok fingers crossed!!!

ME

5212_242110170009_504020009_7736341_5789474_n.jpg

yyyeeeeaaahhhhhh it worked!!!!!

:)

Edited by Edward Cullen Dazzles Me Daily