Putting Back The Clocks

Doctor Who

Just a reminder to everyone, the clocks will be put back an hour at 2am on the Sunday morning of the Hub. It's probably best that you put your clocks and alarms back an hour before you go to sleep so you don't start queing up at 8am when it's really 9am that the event starts. I'm not sure how this will affect The Hub but I imagine that it will mean we get an extra hour of sleep so that events still start at 9am on the changed hours. Can anyone please confirm this? Thanks in advance. :D:blink:

Edited by Doctor Who

I couldn't agree more. Can you image the effort that Billis Manger would have to go to if he was real, he'd have to put all of his clocks back in his 'A Stitch in Time' store, that would take forever. I guess clock shop owners have the same problem too though, I'd hate those days when they came around every year if I had to do that job lol. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Thanks for that. Reckon the DJ will make an announcement.

No problem and yeah, the DJ might do. If the party is still going at 2am on Sunday morning, the DJ should so play 'Time Warp' haha. That'd be good fun, I'll have long gone up to my hotel room by then though, my mum will want to sleep. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

I always thought they went back at 1am to midnight.

i googled this to check and

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/clocks...eature-400.html

says 1am but a few other people have said 2am

so im confused now.

Just to confuse us the clocks go back at 1am GMT which is 2am BST (British Summer Time). So, in a way both are correct. Sort of.

But because we are on BST at the moment when our clocks say 2am is when we need to put them back.

Does that make sense?

http://wwp.britishsummertime.co.uk/

I always thought they went back at 1am to midnight.

i googled this to check and

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/clocks...eature-400.html

says 1am but a few other people have said 2am

so im confused now.

it goes back at 01:00 GMT/UTC - we're currently on British Summer Time (BST) which is GMT+1

so the site is correct that it goes back at 01:00GMT = 02:00BST ... right?

thinking in terms of seconds - normally the next second after 01:59:59 -> 02:00:00

but this Sunday it will go 01:59:59 -> 01:00:00 (again) ... and then continue as normal

hope that makes more sense :\

edit: Scar beat me to it *curses!* ;P

Edited by glee

Thanks for that. Reckon the DJ will make an announcement.

No problem and yeah, the DJ might do. If the party is still going at 2am on Sunday morning, the DJ should so play 'Time Warp' haha. That'd be good fun, I'll have long gone up to my hotel room by then though, my mum will want to sleep. :o

Lets do the Time Lord again :')

Lets do the Time Lord again :')

Haha and I'm sure with this being a Torchwood convention, quite a few people would interpret 'doing' the Time Lord again in quite a rude way. :P It'll probably mean an extra hour in bed for me, woooo, at least I won't be as tired on Sunday. :o

Edit: I didn't mean an extra hour in bed 'doing' the Time Lord either XD :(

Edited by Doctor Who