Hello from a newbie!

morpheus

Just thought I'd make my first post on this site a nice, friendly one and just say 'Hello' to everyone.

I am also going to admit that I am a big Star Trek fan (particularly DS9 - just ordered the final DVD boxset from Amazon today!) and a saddo Sheffield Wednesday fan. I am also a 33 year old librarian.

I went to Collectormania 4 and got totally starstruck when talking to Rene Auberjonois! :blush:

Right, now I'm going to play with some of these cool smileys! :yoda::frankie::borg:

No, it's Dukat. I would so love to meet Marc Alaimo one day!

And how the hell are you replying so quick?? Are you connected to your PC in some sort of Borg way? :lol:

ahh..the advantages of broadband and of course...i am royalty!! and now i look-yes it is Gul Dukat!

hi to you too.

i like star trek but particularly am a deep space nine fan.

it was about time someone brought a little live into this board.

marc alaimo would be great to meet someday but i prefer casey biggs (damar) :D , ahum.

and yes the smiley's are nice

:angry: ]

:borg:

:frankie:

Edited by martine

Hey Morpheus.. Be careful, this lark is VERY addictive..

I now count myself as a Trekkie (hasn't always been the case) and I started like you by attending one small event, meeting an actual Star trek actor, being amazed at how friendly these people are and here I am 3 years later having been to 3 Conventions in the US and most events in this country.

Theer are only about 8 or 9 main Trek actors that I have not met from all 5 series..

Also, events such as Collectormania, etc has broadened my interests in meeting and greeting these guests.. Thanks to Collectormania, I have a good section of signed pics from LOTR and also Star Wars, Buffy and other Sci-Fi, Cult and Horror films..

Although my main priority is Trek, I now welcome the addition of a whole variety of guest..

Each signed pic is a memory and I have two photo albums full of pics of me with these actors.. Albums that I absolutely treasure..

So Morpheus, beware and prepare to part with lots of cash!!!!!!

i've been a trekkie since i was 12! but unfortunately living where i do i haven't met any Star Trek ppl- hoping to for the first time this year! will be the biggest thrill for me!!! my fav series was DS9 like you Martine, so its nice to have another supporter here now! getting to be a DS9 thread! haha!

Hi Martine.

Shame I can't see your avatar. An avatar can tell you so much about a person. :P

martine is my real name and my avatar is from hugo weaving as elrond.

i love the actor, and i think he's brilliant as agent smith.

ds9 is the only trek series i buy the dvd boxes from. i like star trek and tng but ds9 is the best! and i don't have many series i really really love. so you've got my vote for a ds9 forum sam's girl. :P

collectormania 4 was my second event and it's really really adictive like dragonmate says. since c4 i've been to 3 other events and will go about 6 times in 2004.

the only problem is that my friends aren't film fans (and are very broke) so i have to go to c5 alone since it's in england. :P

my avatar has to much ehm.... pixels? i dunno how you call them. i'm not really a computer person.

everytime i see lotr i think hugo's gonna say:

welcome to rivendell mr. anderson! :D

i don't like the last two matrix films actually. the only reason why that pile of .... was watchable is because of mr. weaving. they depended to much on the fake cgi and action. do love the first matrix film though

thanx for the piccie but first i have to know how i can change the length. like i said i'm terrible with computers, but i'm starting a course in two weeks so perhaps i can do it later.

australia and great brittain have the best actors walking around. david wenham and richard roxburgh are great and jason isaacs and gary oldman and....... oh well tyou get the point.

and i did see half of the movie. it was on television a long time ago but i was too late. it is strange though to see him as a transvestite AFTER you've seen the matrix first.