Feedback for ET2

Beechy08

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's my spill...

We had the best weekend, I don't think I have laughed so much during the course of a weekend ever. Very very fond memories will come of this weekend.

Rachelle, well, wow, what an amazingly spirited lady, I totally adored her, I was gutted to have missed her talk on Saturday as I was in Gil's encounter, so hope it makes it onto the DVD. I hear she thoroughly deserved the standing ovation she got. She is really beautiful inside and out. Thank you Showmasters for bringing her too us. Another gem of a guest pulled out of the SM bag of tricks.

All of the guest's were great, they really were fantastic so thank you to them for being so involved, animated and gracious. Would have loved to hear Gil play on Saturday night, anyone know why that didn't happen?

I thought the whole weekend was massively improved on ET2, really liked the no camera's rule after sitting behind 2 people last time who didn't stop snapping the entire talk. Also thought keeping your chair worked well, I was right at the back yesterday and didn't have to look between people's heads, which was marvellous.

The guests were not as mobbed at ET1, this was fantastic, there were unfortunately the same few hounding them, as they do at every event they go to. Rachelle actually stated that we could take some photo's of her with Malcolm dressed as Dracula in the bar area, which was really very sweet.

We didn't spend much time in the main hall at the Masquerade Ball as the lighting was really dim, if we could have a little more lighting in the main area next time that would be great, as personally it was too dark for me.

The band was a great idea, really love that you are trying out new things, such as the band and the whole set making idea is fab and can't wait to see how it turns out for ET3.

As always the majority of the crew were polite and respectful, there are always the same few that are plainly rude, which is a shame, we are adults and do not need to be spoken to in a condescending manner, I think it is a shame that these few are unable to be polite and curteous to attendees, I understand they may be under pressure but there is no excuse for such rudeness.

I didn't get a chance to read any of the Fan Fiction entries over the weekend, would be great if these could be posted on a website, or if anyone has posted them anywhere online?

Thank you to Mark and Jason et al for a wonderful weekend.

xx

Edited by SugarSpunSister

ET2 was overall SO much better than ET. The organisation was much more obvious, and it seemed like most of the attendees were more calm this year (which is great!) I do have one major thing that really upset me this weekend that I feel needs to be addressed because it was a problem, and I don't feel it was dealt with properly. Several people I've talked to agree with me.

This year, we were called in by ticket number, not group number. That's absolutely brilliant! Keep doing that please! I was Gold 093. I waited patiently for my number to be called, and when it was, I went straight in. Imagine my annoyance to get in the hall and be in the BACK of the Gold section. The very last row, in fact. When the first group of 10 people were called in, about 30 people ran through. I understand that crowd control is a problem, but we have to be fair here. Clearly people were sneaking in. You called 10 people and three times that went through. In a case like that, let's revisit kindergarten and do what they did. Call everyone back out into the hall and check their ticket numbers, one by one. It takes longer, but when we paid 200 quid for a ticket, plus all the money it took to get down to Northampton, I think it's safe to say we want to get what we paid for. My friends and I had people with ticket numbers in the 100s sitting in front of us, so clearly they had snuck in. When I went to say something to one of the crew members, they didn't even know how the attendees had been brough in. Once I corrected him very politely that, no, we hadn't been brought in by the group numbers on the back of our tags, he passed me on to somebody else. I've had problems with this woman in the past not being very friendly or helpful. "As always the majority of the crew were polite and respectful, there are always the same few that are plainly rude, which is a shame, we are adults and do not need to be spoken to in a condescending manner, I think it is a shame that these few are unable to be polite and curteous to attendees, I understand they may be under pressure but there is no excuse for such rudeness." SugarSpunSister put it best! I generally try to avoid her because she's so off-putting. She told me there was nothing she could do about it because everyone was already sitting down. No offense, but there is plenty you can do. If somebody thinks it's ok to sneak in before it's their turn, you need to get them out of their seat and tell them to take seats in the back. Maybe that sounds extreme to others, but 200 pounds is a LOT of money. I spoke to another crew member and she at least felt bad about what had happened, which I appreciate. Understanding can go a long way. She tried to get us better seats, but there weren't any left. What's the point in getting up at the crack of dawn to buy tickets so as to get the lowest ticket number possible when, in the end, it really doens't matter? I've had to downgrade to Standard for ET3 because it just is too expensive for me to go Gold for a third time. It would have been nice to have good seats for my last time in Gold.

The Gold drinks reception was so much better this year. Last year, I only got to speak to one guest the entire time, so the organisation really went a long way. I agree with what a lot of people have said though, the groups were still pretty large. I'm quite hard of hearing, and I really have an issue with getting too close to the guests. I'm a big believer in the "personal bubble", haha! Most of the time, I couldn't hear what the guests were saying, so it kind of defeated the purpose of the reception. Many thanks for the crew though for trying to help my friends and I to get a bit closer. We hung back when the guests came because we didn't want to be seen as "the ones who surged forward". The crew were very nice in allowing us to get to the front without seeming pushy, and I know we all really appreciated that. :)

Also, I agree with what Jazz said about the MCs. It's almost laughable sometimes when they're reading off questions, because they're so unattached. I can appreciate, as an interviewer, that it's good not to be entirely attached to whatever subject it is you're interviewing about, but there's got to be some personality there. I think it would be great to have the mic passed around to the attendees to ask the questions. I missed the talk where this did happen at ET2 because I was in a guest encounter, but from what I hear, it was pretty successful. I haven't heard anything about inappropriate questions being asked, so hopefully that says something about us as attendees and the trust you can give us to be given a microphone to ask a question. Subsequently, you could have people who have questions for the guests form a line down the centre aisle. There could be a crew member there who will approve the question, and that would give us the opportunity to ask the questions still. It also makes it more personal for the guests to have their fans asking them questions directly rather than an MC, if that makes sense.

LOVED the popcorn and candy floss machine at the Baseball Party. The smell of popcorn set the mood so well.

Great job, again, to all the attendees for bringing it down a notch this time around with the crowding and screaming. There was such a noticeable difference...we even had to be asked to cheer louder a few times! Shocking!

One last note: BOUNCY CASTLES!!! I'll admit it, I *squeed* a little when that was said!

Edited by xihearttwilightx

This wasn't my first SM con, but it was my first Twilight one and I decided to stay the whole weekend, which I dont normally do.

And man was I glad I did ;P

GUESTS:

Fabulous, all of them.

I loved how much Rachelle joined in at the parties - dancing, talking, going on the sheep and the horses :D

She was such a lovely person and seemed extremely happy to be there.

Also it was nice to see her and Chaske wearing masks for the masquerade party :)

I didn't get to talk to any of the guests at the parties as they always seemed to be crowded, but they seemed nice enough and

I am happy I got to watch them enjoying it from a distance as much as I was :D

TALKS:

Were all hilarious - couldn't have laughed more if I wanted to :)

Rachelle solo talk was fantastic and so emotional, although I wish it would have been recorded.

Good idea about keeping the same seat, but annoying because people (with tickets like ST400 and something) ended up in front of

me (ST191) because they kept moving up from the back to take other people seats.

Photography rule was good - also it was lovely of the guests to pose together for photos before the talks started.

PARTIES:

Loved the idea of the song request board.

Although they was slight crowding around the guests, they seemed to still be able to enjoy their time there.

I liked it although I never got to see the guests.

The candyfloss and popcorn went down a treat :)

ATTENDEES:

Most seemed to be able to follow the rules although a handful were quite cheeky and tried to sneak things they shouldn't do.

Other than that everyone was very nice.

But overall an amazing weekend and I was so glad that I stayed the whole time!

As always the majority of the crew were polite and respectful, there are always the same few that are plainly rude, which is a shame, we are adults and do not need to be spoken to in a condescending manner, I think it is a shame that these few are unable to be polite and curteous to attendees, I understand they may be under pressure but there is no excuse for such rudeness.

I'm in agreement with you here actually. The youngest person in our group was 22 and the way we were spoken to on more than one occasion was a bit disrespectful and made us feel like kids. Most were so absolutely lovely, but there was one or two that seemed to be on a bit of a power trip.

We weren't able to stay Sunday to pick our pictures from the photoshoots up. We asked one or two of the crew and they did politely say they weren't sure and sent us to people that might know. We asked at the main reception and a blonde woman there was horrible to us. ''Why would you buy photoshoots if you can't stay to collect the photos?'' We explained we were told that we could pay to have them sent (which we have done) but I thought that was just rude.

I loved it so much and i want to go again!! Jason/Mark we have to get this weekends guests back!!!!

The parties were cool. I dont normally stay around for much of them but i enjoyed them all. I even did Karoke!!

I have to say i think the event was run brilliantly and kudos to the crew it must have been quite hard on you!!!! xD

I'm in agreement with you here actually. The youngest person in our group was 22 and the way we were spoken to on more than one occasion was a bit disrespectful and made us feel like kids. Most were so absolutely lovely, but there was one or two that seemed to be on a bit of a power trip.

We weren't able to stay Sunday to pick our pictures from the photoshoots up. We asked one or two of the crew and they did politely say they weren't sure and sent us to people that might know. We asked at the main reception and a blonde woman there was horrible to us. ''Why would you buy photoshoots if you can't stay to collect the photos?'' We explained we were told that we could pay to have them sent (which we have done) but I thought that was just rude.

I think I know the lady you mean, she's always on front main reception and I've seen her be so horrible to attendees - she made a 12 year old boy cry at a con I went to once cos he'd lost something - making children cry isn't big or clever :(

She is the only one though, the rest of the crew are SO lovely! So best to just always avoid her and ask someone else, that's what I do!

I also had an amazing weekend! Im going to keep this short though.

I would have liked there to be a cloak room. I can understand if SM dont want to take our bags but it would have been nice to have somewhere to put our coats......... it was cold!!!

I agree that it would have been nice to have more tables sat night, and my only negative is that i didnt think the band were very good sat night. The singer kept forgetting the words to more than one song.

Being in a new venue there should be more space. Can not wait!!

I had a standard ticket so I obviously cant comment about the gold reception but I thought the parties were great! Once again the decorations were fabulous and I loved the band - it was nice to have something a bit different cos I just think live music gets the atmosphere going a bit.

I also noticed the guests being crowded - I must say it worked A LOT better than at ET1, I think SM really listened to what we said, but its obvioudly hard to share 5 guests around 800 attendees.

I didnt meet any unfriendly crew members, those who I met were all very helpful even though I could tell they were incredibly stressed. They have a really hard job (but they sure are lucky getting to chat to the guests :( )

I definitely cant wait for ET3

I would like to thank Jason, Mark and everyone else involved in organizing this fantastic weekend. It’s been my first convention and is defiantly not going to be the last, I’ve already got time off work for ET4 as I’m unable to go 3 due to family commitments. As a few people have already commented on was 99% of the staff were excellent and if they couldn’t help they always pointed you in the direction where some could. The only issue I had with the one member of staff was when asking how to find out numbers for the raffle winning for the guest encounters. He told me he didn’t know and to move to back of the queue and just started to call out tickets numbers, like I wasn’t even there. I only asked a question and didn’t except my head bitten off, all it was of took was the ticket numbers and raffle numbers are on the wall near the main hall and when you group is called have a look on there and I would of gone away happy.

The guests were amazing really funny and very down to earth. I so glad they seemed to enjoy themselves as much as we did. Please bring them back again sometime.

I think the should be little more time spend on sorting the interview questions just so they aren’t repeated.

The parties were amazing I loved the ball and it was great to see the cast enjoying themselves. The only issue I had was the over crowding I was sat on one of they back tables and you could see Edi and Tyson stood at the back enjoying the band until people started to spot them, then know one could move. After about 20 minutes the left and I never saw them again. Were as Rachelle and Chaske sat down with us and had a chat for about ½ hour, which was really good. I do agree there weren’t enough tables, so hopefully they’ll be a few more next year.

I think they should do the last party a bit differently, as not maybe people stayed. Maybe have a smaller room, like the bit near the bar and maybe opened the dealer room. I think that would have been a nice size rather than the huge main hall. Also it would have been somewhere quieter to relax and where people could have a chat.

Also one last comment, it’s not really feedback for the weekend, but it’s something I’d like Jason and Mark to maybe consider of future events. Please can we maybe one of the con’s in the south and one in the north a year rather than them both being in the same place. As its cost more for travelling and accommodation than the rest of the weekend confided. Maybe somewhere like Manchester, York or Leeds.

Thanks again. I’ve met a lot of great people and had an amazing weekend. Hope to see you all again soon.

This was my first event and I loved it. I had a standard ticket but as long as I was there I was happy, I was a rather high number because my mum made me wait forever to buy the tickets. Grrr. It truly was wonderful. Edi was an amazing guest, I lvoed him to pieces. He was so funny. I did a jump with him for my photo shoot and i turned out incredible.

Rachelle was so nice to everyone. She was great and I got to dance with her for quite a while on the friday and she came over for a little bit on the saturday. I am hoping to buy a ticket to ET3 tonight on the basis my mum will let me, let's just say I have some convincing to do, i my opinion, not going isn't even an option.

I am getting the dvd for ET because wasn't there and it was as close as I could get and I can't wait to get the ET2 dvd and relive all the amazing memories, I now have.

The overcrowding of the guests was annoying but it is to be expected really. The photo rule from the talks worked well. I had to go early and was so upset when I missed the Chaske, Gil and Tyson talk + the end talk yesterday. But I had a 3 and a half hour journey so bleughhh, I had to leave.

I have my Twilight Journals and I am planning on writing down every single minute that I absorbed. Dealers room was brilliant btu you can never say no to mroe stuff and also there wasn't a million things to do when you were waiting and not in the dealer's room, but other than that it was incredible.

THANK YOU SO MUCH SM. HOPE TO BE AT ET3. :blush:

Pull out all the stops, Claree. Tell your Mum about the lifelong friends, inspirational messages from the guests (in the Gold Reception, Rachelle talked a lot with our group about being happy with who you are, self-image, and how she hates it when they photoshop her photos and give her a larger chest or smaller thighs, etc.) Erm, what else? You...gain valuable life experience living on your own for the weekend. You're journaling about your experience, so it's an educational experience about storytelling and writing...you can seriously come up with all kinds of things to convince your Mum with, haha! Good luck! :)

Ok.... personally i didn't like this event much. I loved the proms alot more as the guests were more chilled and the whole thing was more relaxed. I understand the proms was alot less people and guests but to be honest i think that works better than more guests and people cos everywhere this weekend just seemed to be crowded. There was nothing to do in between things and lots of people were just sat all over the floors in all parts of the hotel LOL! The parties were done out fabulousely and everyone looked incredible especially the masquerede ball, but when the guests seem to be brought in they were just crowded way too much. We were dancing on the dancefloor when the guests were brought out and we literally got shoved off the dancefloor cos it went from being empty to over crowded cos the guests were dancing. A couple members of staff were rude if i'm honest, when asking questions felt like we were being spoken to as children and just like they couldn't be bothered. I understand they might feel like they are pulling their hair out sometimes but then they shouldn't be working there if they're gunna be like that, but the majority of the staff were great.

On the plus side thought all te guests were very chatty and funny, the talks were the best ones i have been to as they had me in stitches the whole time and the photos and autographs were nice and organised and relaxed. I won't be buying tickets to ET3 because of this one but i will definately be going to some other events.

Edited by nikkim79

I agree with you, Fran. The band weren't up to much cop at all were they? They didn't really know a lot of the words to the songs they were singing. But I enjoy live music and we just sang along and shimmied away regardless. :P

Glad you still enjoyed them, but I have to say I thought they were incredible! They were so young, but showed a lot of instrumental skill, they write their own music, so learnt these songs just for us so that we would recognise them, and they played for quite a while, so huge applause to them! I sung myself hoarse!!!!! :blush::(

I thought the crew were fantastic, really helpful. :band:

The baseball and masquerade ball were both fantastic, the decorations were incredible, especially the ball!

Cant believe I got on that sheep! lol ;)

It was great to listen to people having fun with the karaoke too :D

The talks, yes there was a glitch with some duplicate questions, but oh my word! I have never laughed so much! Those guests were amazing together. And Fart jokes? Say no more! lol :D Fab!

I didnt go to ET1, but I did go to proms.

I am not going to compare them as they were completely different events, but I enjoyed them equally, the big bonus this time?................LONGER TIME THERE ! :chair:

I already have my ticket for ET3, I cant wait to see all the attendees again, such a fantastic group of people! Both Attendees and crew actually :D

No wonder people come to showmasters/massive events! I thought it was really well run, I just dont see a point in complaining about a tiny hiccup here and there (although, I had no problems), with 800 attendees and such a lot to pack in, I thought they did incredibly well! I would imagine that each event is evaluated and then the next one adjusted to suit, so I have every confidence that the next one will be just as fantastic as this, if not better

Thank you SM/ME! Roll on ET3! :D

Hey guys!

Once again thanks so much for a wonderful event - counting down to the next one already! :(

Pros:

Def slicker this time everything felt really smooth.

The gold groups were a good idea at the drinks recp - I got to speak to all the guests and the nice crew member with Gil got him to speak to my mum :)

Love kareoke on the last night!

Gorgeous party decor again - thanks Davey!

Great to have more dealers!

GREAT guests! Really felt they relaxed - thanks so much for getting Rachelle she is just lovely!

Liked the idea of a live group - maybe somebody famous next time :D ...ooo actually in all seriousness maybe one of the cast's bands or one of Rob's musician friends like Bobby Long?

People not being able to take your seat when you pee - that was good lol :(

Cons:

Strobe lighting made me feel a bit ill tbh - I may be sensitive to it I don't know?

More stuff to do when we don't have autos or photos.

At the guest encounter the square table in the bigger room made it seem like like guests were really far away from you - the one I had in the smaller room with the round table was nice and intimate.

But what can I say guys - another brilliant event - thanks!

Edited by Emelso

Also to continue my earlier post I was G9 but when Gold 1 to 10 were called for the talks at least 20 people were being let in now I know they barged but I queued early for this ticket and earlier for my ET3 ticket and now I have to show up 40 minutes before a talk to make sure I'm at the front of a queue for something I should be one of the first ones allowed in for I know this isn't your fault because they did barge but at one of the talks some girls who were gold 120 something got in and they only got collared because they were saving seats in the second row if they hadn't have done that they would have sat there all day I know that particular issue was dealt with at the event but when 20 people go in for gold 1 to 10 it's a little irritating :) Hope I was constructive

We're talking about the same talk I think, Jazz. It kept happening and happening, and it was just really upsetting because, I know it doesn't seem to a lot of people like it would be a big deal, but severe lack of sleep, money for hotel rooms which weren't used Saturday night, and partial insanity went into getting those tickets! I think for next time, if there is obviously more than 10 people going in, haul them all back and go through each pass, one by one. People who tried to sneak in early? Make them go in last of all the gold passes, or whatever ticket type they have.

I think some people were shifted when they were discovered and moved towards the back.

Unfortunately, it relies upon attendees being polite to each other too :D

I for one would never push in front of someone who had a lower ticket number than me, you guys queued for soooooooooooo long to get those! You deserve the early numbers.

Actually, I do have one grumble!

The Decorations

The crew spend a lot of time and Mark and Jason a lot of money on the decorations at the events and it SERIOUSLY Pee'd me off when lots of the Sunday night decorations were stolen by 9pm!

For goodness sake! 9PM!!!!!

Sooooo selfish! People arriving after that were heard saying that they didnt think much of the decorations.

Well, that was cos some selfish THIEVES! stole them!

Come on guys, a souvenir at the end of the night - IF you ask a crew member is one thing.!

When you are told please do not take anything cos it is on hire!

THEN YOU ARE JUST A COMMON THIEF IF YOU DO!!!

That is actually the only complaint I have for the weekend.

What will you do when showmasters cant decorate cos every time they hire something, they have to pay fines cos everybody stole the red sashes off the chairs for example

THEN you'll complain there are no decorations.

Rant over!

They looked great on Sunday night before all the stars holding the balloons and the gangster silhouettes were stolen..............wish I had taken photographs and I would show you!!!

I agree and the girls pretended not to speak English . . . so why were they in a talk that was spoken in English they got better tickets at like G124 than someone with G16 because they snuck in and like I say if they hadn't have been saving 2 seats between then no one would have known I agree I slept for 2 hours in my room saturday night this time and if it happens again it's not on because I got up early so I wouldn't have to queue for 40 minutes to get into the talk it has been said if you arrive 5 - 10 mins before the talk then you'll be fine but I do think we need stricter badge checking!

• Showmasters Admin

In answer to those about people getting in to the hall too early.

I am very sorry I will talk the the crew that are manning the door and make sure that ONLY the ticket numbers I've called are going in.

Loved the whole thing, no complaints whatsoever.

Just a non SM related word of warning.... don't stay in The Grand. Ever.

lol

Dont you mean the "not so grand" or "Fawlty towers with all the furniture removed"

lol What a place!

Apparently guys, it was supposed to close for refurbishment on the Friday, wonder what it will look like next time there is a con up in Northampton :D

and sorry RayRay for not warning you about the smell in the corridors!

Had a great weekend and loved all the guests, especially Rachelle <3

Dont really have much to complain about other than things for people to do while they dont have signings or phtotoshoots (like other people have said)

On sunday me and my friend had 3 hours with nothing to do between 12 and 3.

We also had to leave to get a train at half 3, and had been hoping to catch half an hour of the Rachelle/Edi talk but because things ran behind we didnt get any of it. I know thats not really SMs fault though.

Just a bit disappointing.