UPDATED! Hotel Booking Information

slaycandy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that when we booked over the phone on Sunday, they said we couldn't get a refund if we cancelled. My friend is going to call the hotel and see what they say because I'm assuming the deal was worked out between the Hilton and Showmasters long before ET2 weekend, so maybe the person who booked us in wasn't aware of it or something. We literally JUST booked on Sunday afternoon. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

UPDATE: My friend phoned the hotel and they said our booking is non-refundable because it was an advanced booking, so we can't get the discount. That still doesn't seem right to me. Surely they would've been aware of the special con price on Sunday afternoon, and we should've gotten it? We booked over the phone. Is anybody else in a similar situation? Showmasters, is there anything you can do? I know there was a mis-understanding by the hotel about how many discount rooms there were or something. It just seems like this was a mistake on the hotel's part for telling us there was no discount for ET3, and they should rectify it rather than make us keep the reservation that we only made because we were told there was no discount?

Edited by xihearttwilightx

The problem is that when we booked over the phone on Sunday, they said we couldn't get a refund if we cancelled. My friend is going to call the hotel and see what they say because I'm assuming the deal was worked out between the Hilton and Showmasters long before ET2 weekend, so maybe the person who booked us in wasn't aware of it or something. We literally JUST booked on Sunday afternoon. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

UPDATE: My friend phoned the hotel and they said our booking is non-refundable because it was an advanced booking, so we can't get the discount. That still doesn't seem right to me. Surely they would've been aware of the special con price on Sunday afternoon, and we should've gotten it? We booked over the phone. Is anybody else in a similar situation? Showmasters, is there anything you can do? I know there was a mis-understanding by the hotel about how many discount rooms there were or something. It just seems like this was a mistake on the hotel's part for telling us there was no discount for ET3, and they should rectify it rather than make us keep the reservation that we only made because we were told there was no discount?

Did you mention Twilight when booking like SJ posted?

From what I understand the special room allocation for Twilight may have ran out at the time you called, and they simply gave you the next lowest rate - which apparently is non refundable.

I just rang and they said there is only single rooms now.

is will there be any more normal room coming up, the man said showmaster has to ask.

Mark is working on this. SJ posted as an update in the first post yesterday that Mark would speak with the Hilton tomorrow. He'll post as soon as possible as there is a solution and he can get near a computer. The room allocation for the Hub was increased more than once as well, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, we did quote Twilight (as well as Eternal Twilight 3, Showmasters, Massive Events...anything? They said there was nothing on their system), and I know people booked reduced rooms after we booked our normal one. I think it was just another mix-up with the Hilton. I've contacted Showmasters about it and they're going to see what they can do because we should've been given the discount, so we shall see. We spoke to someone else at the hotel though, and they said we should've been given the discounted rate when we booked as well. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

Edited by xihearttwilightx

I just rang and they said there is only single rooms now.

is will there be any more normal room coming up, the man said showmaster has to ask.

Mark is working on this. SJ posted as an update in the first post yesterday that Mark would speak with the Hilton tomorrow. He'll post as soon as possible as there is a solution and he can get near a computer. The room allocation for the Hub was increased more than once as well, so there shouldn't be a problem.

thanks I read the 1st post as in it was written yesterday so this is tomorrow if you get me, i will keep looking thanks.

I think it was just another mix-up with the Hilton. I've contacted Showmasters about it and they're going to see what they can do because we should've been given the discount, so we shall see. We spoke to someone else at the hotel though, and they said we should've been given the discounted rate when we booked as well. :)

If they Hilton is anything like the Park Inn you'll get three different answers when you ask three different staff members. :(

I am keeping my fingers crossed this works out for you.

I have a question. Is there parking available & how much does it cost ?

Parking for the London Twi prom cost us an absolute bomb so I hope its cheaper this time.

I just read this on the hotels website;

Parking:

Self Parking:7.00 GBP

for overnight stay

I have a question. Is there parking available & how much does it cost ?

Parking for the London Twi prom cost us an absolute bomb so I hope its cheaper this time.

I just read this on the hotels website;

Parking:

Self Parking:7.00 GBP

for overnight stay

Thanks hun :D

Thats much more reasonable than London. We paid over £80 in parking that weekend !

I have another question ! (Yes I know Im a pain in the ass)

Are rooms �74.75 per night or for the whole weekend ?

I just clicked the link & im only being offered rooms over �100 per night

As it's been explained in the first post the allocation of rooms for the event seems to have run out. I am sure Mark will post an update on the situation when he can. But right now I guess he's dealing with fried servers. :D

I have to ask you to be patient for a little longer.

I have another question ! (Yes I know Im a pain in the ass)

Are rooms �74.75 per night or for the whole weekend ?

I just clicked the link & im only being offered rooms over �100 per night

As it's been explained in the first post the allocation of rooms for the event seems to have run out. I am sure Mark will post an update on the situation when he can. But right now I guess he's dealing with fried servers. :D

I have to ask you to be patient for a little longer.

I wasnt moaning just asking a question !

Thanks!

The money will be taken at the reservation or in February 2010? And we can cancel the reservation later?

Just booked my room for the weekend, the took my card details but did not charge anything I can pay upon checking in on Feb 2010. You have up until 2 days before check in to cancel.

The lady told me she only had a few rooms left but I don't know how accurate that info is as Park Inn told me the same thing then booked me a room the next day.

Thank you so much for the information! :angry:

Phewf got mine! There were only single rooms availiable when I booked which was about 20 mins ago.

which is unfortunately no good for those of us who NEED twins hence the problems. oh well c'est la vie, i don't even know if i'm staying yet i have to wait till closer to the event to decide if i wanna leave lorelai over night or not

for anyone that may have been to con's at this venue before or just are in the know....

if for some reason we miss out on space at the venue hotel what are the other options???

best places to stay near the venue pref in walking distance.

just thought i'd ask to save time for people later incase they miss out etc.

xoxo