NEW SEASON

Zippy1701

:D^_^;)

Let's just hope it's better than Season 8 and that no one has been to see Mamma Mia recently! I don't think Danny was impressed with the outfit he had to wear in Back to Earth :lol:

Actually, they could do a Dallas and pretend that Lister just dreamed the whole of Season 8 following a dodgy curry.

:D^_^;)

Let's just hope it's better than Season 8 and that no one has been to see Mamma Mia recently! I don't think Danny was impressed with the outfit he had to wear in Back to Earth :lol:

Actually, they could do a Dallas and pretend that Lister just dreamed the whole of Season 8 following a dodgy curry.

I hope that they fix holly. The could do a multiple personallity story line and have Hattie and Norman.

I hope that they fix holly. The could do a multiple personallity story line and have Hattie and Norman.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Norman said he didn't want to play the part of Holly again :D

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Norman said he didn't want to play the part of Holly again :P

It will be a shame if that's true.

I like the idea of the multiple personality storyline. They could bring in Charles Augins as well and then Queeg could put in an appearance.

Robert Llewellyn has confirmed that Dave have commisioned Doug Taylor to write scripts for a new series. Looking good for a potential new series :D

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Norman said he didn't want to play the part of Holly again :dance:

Confirmed. However he changed his mind before so who knows....

Holly should definitely be brought back in any potential new series. I have no preference as to which version of 'Holly'. I enjoyed both Norman and Hattie .

Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin

Or just that the whole of season 8 was them in a "better than life" machine! They got so bored and entered the GAME to past the time. Not realising that they're entered a game were Red Dwarf was a prison ship. One quick slap of the exit button and season 8 never happened :firedevil:

Ace news if a new series happens! I personally liked series 8 much more than series 7. If they could go back before both it wouldn't be a bad idea though, not that I'd want to get rid of Chloe but maybe the could keep her some how.

Dear Rob Grant,

Please will you come back and write the new series with me ? We can go halfers on the cash, and the fans will love us again :)

Love,

Doug Naylor

I'm am really, REALLY glad that Doug stuck by us after Rob left, Chris left and Craig went to jail, and half a loaf is better than no bread, but VII and VIII were rather poor compared to (picking episodes at random) Back to Reality and Gunmen of the Apocalypse.

I actually think series 7 and 8 were pretty good, cant compare to 4/5/6 but still pretty good, ive never been disapointed with red dwarf ever until back to earth which i think was an induldent misfire from doug, it wasnt bad, it was just not that funny, not that well directed or paced either in my opinion, though on rewatching i did enjoy parts of it. it just didnt work for me as a whole though was much better as 1 without the ad breaks on dave, but it was a big disapointment for me which ive never felt with dwarf before B2E

I love episodes like Tikka to Ridek, Duct Soup, Epideme, Cassandra, Krytie TV from those 2 series but i enjoyed all the eps, back to earth is the only dwarf i thought, oh dear with, still it had enough to warrent a dvd purchase lol, even dodgy dwarf is watchable lol

i hope dave commision a new series, i only hope though if they do and they put the add breaks in that they script the breaks instead of just cutting out of nowere like they did in the b2e broadcast, the first ad break i was like wtf just happened are we on an ad lol, very poorly cut which is why it works much better as a whole ep, its something they must look at if they are to return to dave!

also more jokes, punch lines and one liners please doug, b2e was very lacking in joke quantity and quality imo, and the ones that did work really were ones we had seen in dwarf before lol in some form.

FYI,

I have just heard from a very reliable source (someone within the production) that a new season on Red Dwarf is being made next year.

Thank God

Justin.

Very unlikely as the news of 6 commissioned scripts has only just been released via "the other" event. This doesn't mean 6 new Episodes. Also it's a Series, Red Dwarf has always been a Series, not a Season, it's always distanced itself from the American term.

FYI,

I have just heard from a very reliable source (someone within the production) that a new season on Red Dwarf is being made next year.

Thank God

Justin.

Very unlikely as the news of 6 commissioned scripts has only just been released via "the other" event. This doesn't mean 6 new Episodes. Also it's a Series, Red Dwarf has always been a Series, not a Season, it's always distanced itself from the American term.

Not sure what your source is, Mine is someone in the cast.

FYI,

Thank God

Justin.

Ignore him (Clapper, not your source). Having read his other posts, I think he's just trying to annoy us all like he did on the forum for this year's BTL. :uhoh:

FYI,

Thank God

Justin.

Ignore him (Clapper, not your source). Having read his other posts, I think he's just trying to annoy us all like he did on the forum for this year's BTL. :clap:

Well Robert Tweeting wrong information really isn't a source is it? No new Episodes, only 6 scripts, no matter what your insider tells you. If you prefer to ignore the truth that's fine by me. I'm not trying anything.

I strongly, strongly agree with calling it a series (Autumn is a season, not "fall" - if we called them after what happened in them, then Summer would be known as "shine"), and don't even get me started on aluminIum, but I digress.

I was actually reading this thinking "yeah - someone from the cast :( I've got two of them on Facebook myself :( " and it's now widely known and accepted that Dave have commissioned the writing of six scripts, nothing more. There is no guarantee that anything will be filmed.

I strongly, strongly agree with calling it a series (Autumn is a season, not "fall" - if we called them after what happened in them, then Summer would be known as "shine"), and don't even get me started on aluminIum, but I digress.

I was actually reading this thinking "yeah - someone from the cast :o I've got two of them on Facebook myself :( " and it's now widely known and accepted that Dave have commissioned the writing of six scripts, nothing more. There is no guarantee that anything will be filmed.

I agress on season but my spelling is terrible so did not want to attempt the other word.

Sorry to disappoint, this is not from facebook or any other social networking site. I have an email from a member of the cast if you would like to see it.