Buying ET3 tickets at ET2

Too Tall

• Moderators

And if someone wants one for their birthday .. or someone's Christmas present .. or whatever else?

I'm fairly sure we'd have so many different people believing their circumstances are "special" .. well, yes they might be, but unfortunately not moreso than anyone elses :P

Of course it's a shame but it can't be done. It just isn't fair.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if the person attending et2 is definatley not going et3. can they not buy u there ticket

Cue numerous posts on other websites/facebook pages along the lines of "I'm going to ET2 but don't want to / can't go to ET3. Give me the money plus £20 and I'll buy you a ticket for ET3 with my allocation at ET2"

It's just breaking the non-transferable aspect of tickets from the start and inviting a secondary/touting market to develop.

even if the person attending et2 is definatley not going et3. can they not buy u there ticket

Cue numerous posts on other websites/facebook pages along the lines of "I'm going to ET2 but don't want to / can't go to ET3. Give me the money plus £20 and I'll buy you a ticket for ET3 with my allocation at ET2"

It's just breaking the non-transferable aspect of tickets from the start and inviting a secondary/touting market to develop.

I take it that's a no?

I take it that's a no?

That's just my opinion that it's an idea open to abuse. You'll have to wait for an official ruling as to whether it's actually a no.

• Showmasters Admin

Yes you will be able to buy a ticket for another ET2 attendee if you have their badge and their form (and payment). They will NOT HAVE to be in the queue with you.

Please think of it like this....

What if you were all in a big queue, a real queue?

Now we've said that ET2 attendees that want to come to ET3 get to queue up first. Then any NONE ET2 attendees queue up behind them.

Just imagine for one second how you'd feel if a none ET2 attendee walked past you and went to stand with their friends in front of you, and then they got a ticket and you didn't?

It doesn't matter if you're an ET2 attendee or not, you'd be pretty dam annoyed that just because someone knows someone at ET2 they get to jump in front of you!

If we do not enforce this rule, it's just allowing anyone with a "friend" at ET2 to jump the queue to get tickets. Possibly getting a ticket instead of an ET2 attendee.

With this rule in place EVERY none ET2 attendee is in the same boat. It doesn't matter if you know someone that's going or not, you all have the same chance of getting a ticket on Monday. That to me is fair!

To answer some specific questions:

Let people get 2 tickets: What if the first 400 people get 2? That's 400 ET2 attendees without a ticket! And again it let's none ET2 attendees jump the queue.

To make it fair I believe the ET3 ticket has to be in the name of an ET2 attendee. I agree with TommyT. If we don't do this, we'll have people going around the show (or before) asking people if they are getting a ticket for ET3 and if not can they use their allocation. And then people "could" start offering people money to do it. It could all get very silly. And again it would allow none ET2 attendees to jump the queue.

I think every none ET2 attendee should be given an equal chance of getting a ticket.

Edited by Too Tall

I know why ur doing this but I am disappointed because of my own circumstances... ET3 is on the weekend of my wedding and as we are not going on a honeymoon until summer 2010 we agreed to go on a mini honeymoon because to ET3 because we both like Twilight. Since it is a mini honeymoon of sorts we were going to get gold tickets and do it in style.... now I cant buy a ticket for my fiance at ET2 so that's that plan out the window....

Exceptional circumstances I know, and you cant accomodate everyone....

Hope there's some left on the Monday....

*major sadface*

Bah.

i went to et1 and bought tickets for me and my daughters for et2, although only one was with me at et1 i was allowed to buy them both for et2 so i dont see it as a problem

Got to be the best honeymoon ever :D

Surely something could be done for surely the first Eternal Twilight Bride and Groom

ACTUAL Bride and Groom. The SAME weekend and everything!

There are four of us wanting tickets for ET3 in our house, and I understand that three of us will have to wait til the Monday to buy tickets,

but I would certainly not oppose it if showmasters offered Jo and her new hubby to be a special opportunity to buy two tickets instead of one!

I believe Jo even said she could wear her wedding dress and come as bella.

I would LOVE to see that :D

I reckon that is pretty special circumstances :D

An Eternal Twilight Honeymoon!

I totally agree our first ET Honeymoon :P

2 per person would be just as bad as 3 per person etc. It's not really a number issue, but more about giving ET2 attendees the opportunity.

And as disappointing as it may be for some people, everyone has their own personal circumstances unfortunately, and I just don't think it's fair to allow it for one person and not others.

I think people just have to respect the decision, and hope for the best post-ET2 with getting tickets that way too. I don't think anyone is going to have any less of a good weekend if you miss out on Gold for example.

I know everyone has special circumstances - but come on this is pretty special and I don't have a problem at all if Jo was allowed to buy her Fiance a ticket it's going to be their :wub: HONEYMOON!!!!! :wub:

Also can you answer this question for me:

Can I queue for Sam's (*Midnight*Sun*) ticket as well as my own as its me that's paying - I know TT said that they will check our passes but can I show the crew Sam's form and Pass - or do we both have to be in the queue. Why I've asked the question is because things are being done different this time and this is something we did at ET1.

Sorry my reply got put in the middle of the conversation but you can buy an et3 ticket for someone who is not at et2 cause i did it at et1 for my daughter

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

sorry my reply got put in the middle of the conversation but you can buy an et3 ticket for someone who is not at et2 cause i did it at et1 for my daughter

That's the whole point of this thread. We have stopped this. We are enforcing the rule, one attendee one ticket.

sorry my reply got put in the middle of the conversation but you can buy an et3 ticket for someone who is not at et2 cause i did it at et1 for my daughter

That's the whole point of this thread. We have stopped this. We are enforcing the rule, one attendee one ticket.

oh ok, thats fair enough, i was lucky last time :D

• Showmasters Admin

So is it now safe to say that theres enough tickets for everyone at ET2 cos yous did sell some at the proms

Yes there will be enough tickets for everyone attending ET2 to buy a ticket if they wish.

Edited by Too Tall

So is it now safe to say that theres enough tickets for everyone at ET2 cos yous did sell some at the proms

Yes there will be enough tickets for everyone attending ET2 to buy a ticket if they wish.

Brill! Thanks!

ET2 didnt sell out till a month after ET1 I think as I had to find some more money and had to wait to get my tickets, did gold and silver sell out on the Sunday for ET1? If not I think we will e ok!

Nope they didn;t sell out at ET1 there was some of all left I'm sure!

Having waded through the thread that was running at the time (sad git that I am), a rough chronology would be

1st March - ET2 tickets sales at ET1

2nd March 12:00 - ET2 tickets on sale online (was originally scheduled to be 1100, but from the posts it looks like it was nearer 1200)

2nd March 17:46 - announced gold tickets had sold out

4th March 00:10 - announced only 2 silvers left

4th March 01:43 - original ammouncement updated to say gold and silver sold out

20th March 20:21 - first post I can see about no standards left

So, that's about 5.75 hours to sell out of gold, about 37.5 hours to sell out of silver, and about 18.3 days to sell out of standard.

Of course that's only a guide - the numbers that they have to sell online this time around may be completely different, the demand may be different, people's availability of money (this close to Christmas) may be different, but as a rough guide I'd say that if you want gold you'll need to get in early, in the very first few hours of online sales, and probably within 24 hours for silver. I still think you might be OK for a couple of weeks for standard, but Id aim to buy in the first week to be safer.

But as with all things where demand outstrips supply, your best bet is to get in as soon as possible.

I think after the speed of ET2 tickets sales, there were a number of requests to not start selling the ET Proms tickets until early evening, as many people don't have net access during the day - that may or may not be a factor this time; I guess folks'll just have to watch for announcements of the onsale time.

I think after the speed of ET2 tickets sales, there were a number of requests to not start selling the ET Proms tickets until early evening, as many people don't have net access during the day - that may or may not be a factor this time; I guess folks'll just have to watch for announcements of the onsale time.

Thanks for all the details.

I hope the selling time would be like for the proms as I'm working all day and won't be able to book.

But as you said, we have to wait (patiently) and see.