London Crew confirmations

Too Tall

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im another Crew newbie. Been attending the events for years but never crewed. Saturday only for me, have arranged to go with friends and now am abandoning them :chair:

Q: Can non crew friends goto the crew party?

We always have a few people (depending on where the Crew Party is) who aren't crew, though it has been at London that you need to produce your crew badge to get in since the crew party is for the crew to relax together.

• Showmasters Admin

Im another Crew newbie. Been attending the events for years but never crewed. Saturday only for me, have arranged to go with friends and now am abandoning them :D

Q: Can non crew friends goto the crew party?

Sorry no, it's crew only. Or it would basically become an attendee party.

Quick question regarding staying in the crew hotel, its my first time I've stayed in the crew hotel so was just curious to know how things worked. Do we get told who we are rooming with at the end of the day and all head on over there after 7pm or something? As you can tell I am clueless any advice much appreciated! :)

Quick question regarding staying in the crew hotel, its my first time I've stayed in the crew hotel so was just curious to know how things worked. Do we get told who we are rooming with at the end of the day and all head on over there after 7pm or something? As you can tell I am clueless any advice much appreciated! :)

Yeah, I am interested in how it works too

• Showmasters Admin

As Claire has said, when the hotel confirmations come out you will told your roomie then.

There's been some issues with getting a crew hotel because we need SO MANY rooms. But it is being sorted and hopefully the confirmations will be out soon.

Depending on closeness of hotel to venue (eg 1st LFCC hotel was next door, 1st Coventry it was a coach journey away) will depend on what the crew does after.

Assuming it's within walking distance, we finish at 7 you can then do what you want in the evening.

Check in/get food/go to pub. In any order. If a crew party is arranged then most people go to that, we will be told on the morning of tyhe show when/where to meet and people can choose to go if they wish and you can arrive from any time.

Whatever you decide to do though do not go out and get so drunk you miss the start the next day Too Tall will not be happy and you don't want to see him not happy :blush:

Ifwe are at a hotel further than walking distance (one LFCC we had to get a train down the road) then most crew will be more than happy to walk with you, we don't bite and can be nice.

As to who your roomie is, when the conformations get sent out you will be told then, if you asked for someone then it will most likely be them. Whoever you get though isn't an issue because (in my case anyway) your not in there for long - quick change/shower, crew party (or with friends) then sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Re-posting here coz I want to make sure it gets seen asap - is there a particular entrance to the building crew members should aim for in the morning?

Not that I'm aware of. But then I've not been to the venue yet.

Re-posting here coz I want to make sure it gets seen asap - is there a particular entrance to the building crew members should aim for in the morning?

Not that I'm aware of. But then I've not been to the venue yet.

Ok, I'm sure I'll see other people and I'll follow them :( - I only ask because If you spot someone walking around the building next door looking for a way to break in, that's most likely to be me... it's happened before. :(

Edited by buffypurple12