The ultimate Red Dwarf collectable

dufresne

I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! :thumbup:

I think you get the message.

I wonder what its top speed is .......... :hathor:

I don't want it. They are easlily broken into. All you have to do is watch the BTE special to see how to do it.

I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! :thumbup:

I wonder what its top speed is ..........:headscratch:

I don't want it. They are easlily broken into. All you have to do is watch the BTE special to see how to do it.

Easily solved. I'll just get evil Lister and co from Demons and Angels to guard it for me.

I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! :smile:

Easily solved. I'll just get evil Lister and co from Demons and Angels to guard it for me.

I'll just use the guys from the future to nick it before you get it.

I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! :D

I'll just use the guys from the future to nick it before you get it.

Uh oh, too late. The guys from the present have just destroyed the time drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently it went for £6,300.

Just clicked on the link posted in the first post and it says "SOLD for £58300"

The Red Dwarf website says £6,300. Would be interesting to find out which price it actually was.

Carbug auction

I'd be very surprised if it went that cheap, with people bidding crazy amounts for small things at the convention auctions I can believe people paying several times that for that car, plus aren't normal smart cars about that price or more? :unsure:

The thing is - Carbug would be much harder to store, display etc, which would put off many people. It's one thing paying a grand for a pair of Patrick Stewart's boxers as seen on TNG, but for this you need somewhere to put it, and you would have to pay a transport company to remove it for you.

I actually contacted the auctioneers before the sale. and they said that I would not need to provide a reference, these were only required for sales over 10k, and from what I remember the estimate on Carbug was half that.

You'll note that both alleged sale prices end in 300 - I wouldn't be at all surprised of the 58 was a typo. Screen used or not, its a smart car and some plant pots !!

I'd be very surprised if it went that cheap, with people bidding crazy amounts for small things at the convention auctions I can believe people paying several times that for that car, plus aren't normal smart cars about that price or more?

Yes, but "normal" Smart cars you can drive around and use like... a normal car. This one, would basically be an ornament, and as dufresne notes, a rather large ornament that you'd need to find somewhere to store. Realistically, there weren't going to be a huge number of potential bidders.

nope its street legal :(

i would know i have one same model :D

and dufresne its for sale if you want it ? we had it at the show and are looking for something new

let me know if anyone is interested

jason :D

That'd be an interesting car for me to learn to drive in lol :D

I'm sure I read somewhere that they're street legal to drive only with the 'landing gear' removed, is that correct?

I'm sure it'll be more than I can afford lol but out of curiosity, how much are you hoping to get for it?

nope its street legal

Oh, not doubting that, but it's not the sort of thing you'd drive to work every day and use to do your shopping on a regular basis, is it? Even if you weren't worried about somebody bumping into you, there are so many lawless little scrotes out there with no respect for people or property that I'd be paranoid about it being vandalised whilst it was parked somewhere. I was reading today about somebody who'd had some oik smash a rear passenger window on his car and throw a lighted firework in. If people will do that to an ordinary car on somebody's own drive, I dread to think what the less law-abiding pubescents who hang around my local shopping centre would do to Carbug while I was shopping. Which is why I say I'd need another car as well as Carbug.

• 4 months later...

nope its street legal :D

i would know i have one same model :D

and dufresne its for sale if you want it ? we had it at the show and are looking for something new

let me know if anyone is interested

jason :WAVE:

Don't tempt me! :lol: