Could be a New Moon fan event?

animationmilo

What with Summit having come out and said there is going to be No New Moon premiere for the u,k this year they have now said they may do a fan event instead

Here in the UK we’re used movie premieres being held in sunny L.A., with us only getting a look in via beautiful pictures in glossy magazines. So we’re not surprised The Twilight Saga: New Moon premiere is being held there on 16th November. But one thing we are getting excited about is the prospect of a fan event being held in the UK on 11th November. There’s not a lot of information available at the moment but it has been confirmed that the event will be “with castâ€; but which cast members will attend is still being kept very secret. We hope Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner can both make it; otherwise there might be a Team Edward vs. Team Jacob situation.

There’s already a similar event planned for 17th November in Knoxville, Tennessee, which Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner will be attending. E1 Entertainment »

So what do people think of this news #~?

Edited by AnimationMilo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think its great news, but would like the details, cost etc. I know they are planning but there are a lot of twilighters in the UK.

I want to get my ticket for ET3 and going to Legoland so can only assume fans are worried bout the costs and timing too.

Personally I think the idea kinda sucks for UK fans.

A premiere - at least to hang out at the barriers and hopefully see the cast etc would essentially be free to attend - would mean getting there ridiculously early and hanging out all day (maybe night before?) but...it would be free.

A 'fan event' suggests having to buy a ticket to attend something. Is this just another way to make money out of us fans?! Is there going to be a way to make it all fair?

I dunno...I'll wait until more info has been released I suppose, if it ever does - perhaps they just forgot about us over here!! The US fans seem to get so much than we and most other countries do...jealous? Yeah! I am!!

At least we have showmasters to bring us the guests over (yes, I know I sound like a creep!)

xC

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I have been internet baron for 3 days as I have been away and spent the whole time worrying I may have missed something important.

I am not a appy twi-er atm, every other country knows whats going on and we are being left high and dry. SOOOOOO not funny.

I can't actually see this happening at all now - they've anounced some promo tour thing in the USA for this time scale and there's 3 appearances at different stores in different cities/states in the US on Nov 11th. With all the actors busy with that - who would be left to come see us poor UK fans having to miss out again?! We'd probably get Buttcrack Santa if they managed to arrange anything now!

Though have just read that Taylor, Rob, Kristen and Chris Wietz are going to be in Paris for a press confernece on Nov 10th...so...*shrugs* you never know - not that I can ever see any of them coming to a fan event!

I reckon it was all a pipe dream and something to shut the UK fans up with when they anounced there wouldn't be a UK premiere!! And I'm just grateful (and sounding like a creep!) to Showmasters who DO bring the stars of Twilight to us UK fans - without them we'd miss out on everything here!

xC