Hotels

cookies41

Still hunting for a hotel, not sure whether to stay next to Kings Cross as we normally do, then again I'd prefer to stay next to the venue. I want something really cheap...is that possible in London?

xxx

That kind of depends what you class as really cheap I suppose. I've booked a room in a hotel/B&B type place for £55 inc. breakfast (that's for a single room), and that's just across the road from the venue. For me, that is cheap in London. I think there is an Easyhotel mentioned above which is reasonable aswell, and a few people seem to be stopping there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up two rooms at premier inn heathrow for 29 per night. very good and it has parking even though you have pay for it! It means we are near the tube enough but far enough outside of London to just get on the road home asap. x

Easy Hotel is great until you get totally hammered!! Then the orange kinda makes things worse - especially the bathroom!!

Note to self, do not get hammered then go back to the hotel - spinning walls are bad enough but orange ones? lol

:D

I just booked a double room at the Premier Inn Kensington for a total of £98 for 2 nights - bargain. I love those hotels anyway and would always choose them over anything else. Least that is sorted now.

xxx

Tempted to book easy hotel. Do they have an early checkin option?

When I booked mine I don't remember it giving me the option for early or late check in just the tv, but we're getting off the train and going straight to olympia and checking in at the hotel in the evening, long day but saves us missing anything i guess. hope that helped?

:YAHOO:

Not sur eif it's a good or a bad thing but i've booked into the holland inn about a hundred metres down the road, so hopefully not too far to trot in full tudor gear. lol

I think that maybe where I've booked - is the Holland Court hotel? I thought it was quite reasonably priced and really close, which is good.

I just booked a double room at the Premier Inn Kensington for a total of £98 for 2 nights - bargain. I love those hotels anyway and would always choose them over anything else. Least that is sorted now.

xxx

You legend, I had originally booked a twin room at the other Kensington Premier Inn (Olympia) for £174.

Just changed the booking and saved myself £76!

xxx

You legend, I had originally booked a twin room at the other Kensington Premier Inn (Olympia) for £174.

Just changed the booking and saved myself £76!

That's great, glad you got the special offer too! :YAHOO:

xxx

Of course if this hotel is rubbish I am blaming you..... ; )

Haha, I assure you that Premier Inns are not rubbish, they are comfy, clean hotels, they have more than 500 branches around the UK - I've used them for the past 5 years. Plus they do lush breakfasts. :smile:

xxx

I was in a Premier Inn last weekend that begs to differ!

However in general I will agree with you, Premier Inn and Holiday Inn are pretty good.

I would rather sleep in the boot of my car though than stay in a refugee camp. Sorry 'Travelodge'.

Aww, what was wrong with the one you stayed in last weekend?

Never stayed in a Travelodge, never been too keen on them after reading reviews etc.

xxx

I've only ever stayed in travel lodge and found them adequate for a decent nights sleep but couldn't do it for more than a couple of days.

Tbf I'm not holding any high standards for easyhotel - its got a bed and a bathroom, is all i ask for, has saved me like £40 in booking and probably another tenner on my oyster card so for the one night we'll manage

:unsure:

i was in kings cross royal scot travelodge tuesday-wednesday and:

the single beds were appauling, there were three of us in single beds and we could barely walk up the sides of the beds.

the beds were no wider than three foot; which for me is uncomfortable.

we got 1.5 toilet rolls(yes, 1 and a half).

and the woman behind the desk was trying to rip us off. she told us that check in was at three (we arrived at twenty past two) and told us it'd cost £10 to book in 40 minutes early. little did she know that we knew book in time was 2:30 and so she was trying to get us to give £10 for 10 minutes wait. what a rip :|

The way I look at hotels is that if its safe enough to lock your stuff in and has a bed (which is important!), it'll be fine! I mean it's not as if you're going to be spending all day in an hotel room is it? Shop around on the interweb and find the best price you can!

• 3 weeks later...