Guest Announcement - David Blue

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are delighted to announce that David Blue, who plays Eli Wallace in the new Stargate Universe series, will be attending Chevron 7.3 :WINCE:

Eli Wallace is a "total slacker" in his early twenties and an "utter genius" in mathematics, computers and other fields. He is a social outcast with an "acerbic sense of humor", and lacks confidence in his intelligence. His character can be compared to "Matt Damon's character from Good Will Hunting with a little Jack Black thrown in". He will be the main source of comic relief in the show.

David Blue is a self-declared fan of science fiction series and has seen all SG-1 and Atlantis episodes.

This will be David's first event appearance anywhere in the world and we look forward to showing him what a blast UK fandom is! :D

Mark :o

48169934.jpg

MV5BNDA4MTI5NDc2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM2MzUwMg@@._V1._SX600_SY400_.jpg

stargate-universe1a.jpg

Nice guest, I'm looking forward to Stargate Universe and hope that everyone who is going to this event (I'm unfortunately not) enjoys meeting him. Well done on the world first by the way Massive Events and Showmasters. :WINCE::o

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

SDCC is never counted in the same way as these types of 'convention' as it's not fan related, nor set out in the same way i.e. it's mainly just panels for advertising purposes, with a few very limited signings done.

So if that is all he's done, this is certainly his world first convention appearance in this context :D

SDCC is never counted in the same way as these types of 'convention' as it's not fan related, nor set out in the same way i.e. it's mainly just panels for advertising purposes, with a few very limited signings done.

So if that is all he's done, this is certainly his world first convention appearance in this context :D

SDCC is a huge event in America, so Chevron7 isn't his first appearance at an event!

• Moderators

So if that is all he's done, this is certainly his world first convention appearance in this context :smile:

SDCC is a huge event in America, so Chevron7 isn't his first appearance at an event!

I'm fully aware of what SDCC is, and I know exactly what Massive Events meant when they said it was his first appearance. If people want to get picky then fair enough.

So if that is all he's done, this is certainly his world first convention appearance in this context :smile:

Actually, it was never said first CONVENTION appearence..

It will be their first signing anywhere in the world and we know that they will be a huge hit! B)

He DID sign at comic con this year!! So this ISNT his first world signing either!

In fact, this is the list who were there:

"Stargate Universe

Robert Carlyle, Elyse Levesque, David Blue, Brian J. Smith, Alaina Huffman, Ming-Na, Jamil Walker Smith, Brad Wright

Friday, 3pm-4pm: Autograph Area 5"

• Moderators

Like I said, if people want to be picky then that's up to you.

No one can put SDCC into the 'convention' group like these events. It's a completely different thing. It's a promotional event.

If anyone is that bothered, I'm sure Massive Events will change the wording a little bit to keep people happy.

Like I said, if people want to be picky then that's up to you.

No one can put SDCC into the 'convention' group like these events. It's a completely different thing. It's a promotional event.

If anyone is that bothered, I'm sure Massive Events will change the wording a little bit to keep people happy.

All im saying is it was never said first convenion appearence, which people are arguing over and even you mentioned first convention appearence, so just saying your all wrong :smile:

Hopefully he'll be announced for a signing sometime, as theres no way I can arrange time off work, hotels, transport, tickets etc with only a few weeks to go.

Edited by crippsy_99

So if that is all he's done, this is certainly his world first convention appearance in this context :thumbup:

I am going to have to agree with David 100% here. The San Diego COmic Con is only that in name. It is nothing like LFACC, CM or a full weekend convention. The signings are not that often and quite simply pal in comparison to a fan event like a SM/ME or any event done as a fan event.

SDCC is an advertising junket full stop.

If you go literally by "his first signing ever", then SDCC would be that.

However, and this is what David and SM/ME are getting at I guess, in the fan event context what we all go to whether a SM/ME event or any other event, then this is his first Worldwide event/signing or convention.

To me, a convention is over a weekend where you eat fast food, have little sleep, go to Tesco for cheap booze, dance to cheesy music, line up for ages chatting to fellow fans for photo sessions and autographs, take photos and autographs back to your hotel room, grab a shower and an hour's sleep and do it all over again.

It is what it is...

Simon

P.S. I am really looking forward to SGU as well. Begby in space!!!

Edited by Oxx

• 2 weeks later...