Any updated on this event?

WILLOW99

I'm gutted, especially as Supernatural guests are now being brought to the events alongside people from Doctor Who and Torchwood. I really do hope Collectormania Manchester comes back, I only attended the last one and it was great. :(

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

Well it's definitely not happening this year, so I wouldn't expect any updates for a good while if ever.

This section still exists simply in case a decision is made to try it again, but until it's posted on here, nothing is happening and there won't be any regular updates from Jason or anyone else :D

Oh, I thought they were looking for a new venue? Manchester always seems to get the bad end of things, a lot of people who do book signings never get the time to come up North so it really is a one-off to have a convention here and that's what makes it so special. At least now that I can go to conventions, it isn't as bad, but I really want CM Manchester back. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

• 5 months later...

I really enjoyed the manchester events!! its nice to have somewhere up this way thats nice and cheap and easy to get to!

Even though they have glasgow as the northern event it still takes just as long to get up there as it does to get down to MK or london - infact it probably takes longer!

Bring back the manchester events!! :YAHOO:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If not Manchester then Leeds or York should be considered. There are plenty of venues in those two cities that could accommodate such an event. Leeds especially as it is easily accessible, sitting on the axis of the M1 and M62.

I like the Leeds idea. York is good but possibly awkward travelwise. Sheffield could be good too. and I miss Collectormania Manchester - I went to all 4. LFCC is my convention fix now but Manchester or an alternative back would be nice.