GUEST CANCELLATION John Barrowman

showmasters

surely its not unreasonable to offer low virtual tickets or at least a guarantee that we will get an auto and that should be for all hub3 attendees not just the people who booked only for John, surely there wont be that many that will take you up on it so shouldnt cause you a massive problem, he signed about 1600 in milton keynes didnt he?? Or would people without hub3 tickets really be that jealous to moan about this?

Beyond potentially annoying other attendees at LCM who didn't go to Hub3, you then also open up the door for other Hub3 attendees to complain that

* they can't go that weekend as they are already doing something else so they want some other form of compensation, as it's not fair some people should get it and not others

* they can't afford to go that weekend so they want some other form of compensation, as it's not fair some people should get it and not others

* it's a shabby ploy by SM to generate more money - to get them to go to another show and thus have to pay to get in and possibly spend more money on extra stuff when they're there

and probably a number of other gripes too.

Also, having set the precedent, SM/ME would then open themselves up to this for every guest at a future show who has cancelled a previous convention appearance.

I'm afraid it's a path that will just lead to anger, pain and sorrow.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hub has more guests than anyone going to another convention could dream of.

Jason has said that we have 2 more possible guests in the pipeline.

It was said that all guests appear subject to work commitments. John is working.

I don't see any plausible reason that anyone could give to practically demand a refund or discount in any way.

Not only should we not expect one but it would be ridicoulously hard to do even if they did consider it.

I think in this case a 'no' is a 'no' and not a 'no but go on then you've twisted my leg enough so you might as well have it'

Actually JB was part of the ticket cost and only JM was paid separately so it hasn't made much difference unless SM use JB's pot of money and make JM part of the cost of a ticket.

They're using that money to get more guests, two guests have already been asked so fingers crossed they can make it. :P

I'd rather JM was free for silver/gold ticket holders then 2 more guests who'd probably cost £10 per auto/photo.

I'd rather JM was free for silver/gold ticket holders then 2 more guests who'd probably cost £10 per auto/photo.

How would that be fair for standard ticket holders? They are still paying money and as I only was able to book at a time when all of the silver tickets and gold tickets had gone but am still going to buy all of the individual photoshoot tickets, it's probably going to cost me more money than a Silver ticket anyway. Standard ticket holders shouldn't lose out on such offers and personally, I'd rather we had two more guests for the event but that's down to personal preference. :P:wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

How would that be fair for standard ticket holders? They are still paying money and as I only was able to book at a time when all of the silver tickets and gold tickets had gone but am still going to buy all of the individual photoshoot tickets, it's probably going to cost me more money than a Silver ticket anyway. Standard ticket holders shouldn't lose out on such offers and personally, I'd rather we had two more guests for the event but that's down to personal preference. :P:wub:

Well Chinese like to get the most out of what they pay for and as JM being unsponsored and more famous then anyone they get (sorry Tom and Kai and whoever is actually gotten) he'd be more worth it.

Well Chinese like to get the most out of what they pay for and as JM being unsponsored and more famous then anyone they get (sorry Tom and Kai and whoever is actually gotten) he'd be more worth it.

I have no problem with you wanting James' autograph and photographs paid for more than other guests, I was just referring to the disclusion of Standard ticket holders as I didn't think that would be fair lol. :P:wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

I have no problem with you wanting James' autograph and photographs paid for more than other guests, I was just referring to the disclusion of Standard ticket holders as I didn't think that would be fair lol. :thumbup::blink:

Ah, I can't help having a gold ticket but think of it this way, you'd still have to have brought Barrowman's photo if he was going and if James wasn't sponsered as standard you'd still have to pay.

Ah, I can't help having a gold ticket but think of it this way, you'd still have to have brought Barrowman's photo if he was going and if James wasn't sponsered as standard you'd still have to pay.

True about the photo but not about his autograph, I understand where you're coming from though. :thumbup::blink:

Edited by Doctor Who

Technically Mark, you'd have to pay extra if they got 2 extra guests so your argument about money is invalid anyway.

I'm not on about spending money, just the fairness of the rules which would apply to James' prices if that happened. :thumbup:

Edited by Doctor Who

Actually JB was part of the ticket cost and only JM was paid separately so it hasn't made much difference unless SM use JB's pot of money and make JM part of the cost of a ticket.

And the reasons for why SM can't do that have already between discussed to death in this thread.

Personally? I'm looking forward to new announcements! :D

Christ alive, I hope JM gets unsponsored soon, JB at Collectormania is costing more money then China makes in a year. £20 for auto, £20 for Photo £15 for talk. Think there really ought to be a discount for Hub 3 ticket holders seeing as we can't get rid of £200 tickets.

Christ alive, I hope JM gets unsponsored soon, JB at Collectormania is costing more money then China makes in a year. £20 for auto, £20 for Photo £15 for talk. Think there really ought to be a discount for Hub 3 ticket holders seeing as we can't get rid of £200 tickets.

Read past posts concerning this as its already been discussed, so please read past posts!

Can we just leave it now, and just get on with the fact JB is not coming to Hub 3 and there will be NO discount for Hub 3 ticket holders, at the end of the day you took the risk to get the £200 not JB, not SM.... It was YOU!!!

So just please leave it now, and get on with the con, basically I am trying to say Deal With It! Others are or have!

I agree it's all getting quite expensive but we're not getting discounts. JM can't be unsponsored either (see previous posts) Just going to have to find some more money!

Read past posts concerning this as its already been discussed, so please read past posts!

Can we just leave it now, and just get on with the fact JB is not coming to Hub 3 and there will be NO discount for Hub 3 ticket holders, at the end of the day you took the risk to get the £200 not JB, not SM.... It was YOU!!!

So just please leave it now, and get on with the con, basically I am trying to say Deal With It! Others are or have!

I agree with this 100%!

And no-one is actually forcing you to go to Collectormania and spend £55 - that's your choice!

Remember Burn was announced quite close to the Hub last time.

Ooh was he? Can you remember how close to the event that was? The contract could come through anytime I suppose so I've got my fingers crossed that the guests will say yes and can make it. :lol::D

Edited by Doctor Who

Remember Burn was announced quite close to the Hub last time.

Ooh was he? Can you remember how close to the event that was? The contract could come through anytime I suppose so I've got my fingers crossed that the guests will say yes and can make it. :lol::D

It was 8 days before