Supernatural - S5 - Episode 3 Discussion

DavidB

WOW - Cas is just amazing and I love him and Dean together.

So many great bits in this that I now can't remember them all.

Ninja turtle angels

Cas

Sam the uber dart player

Cas

Bobby sarcasm about the best hunter in the area

Cas

Sam not swallowing

you get the picture............ I really enjoyed it!!!!

;)

so we are leading or suppose to think we are l;eading to the gfinal show down between the brothers in 'angel condoms'.

Good versus Evil using the winchester boys as meat suits. Dean aka Michael and Sam aka Lucifer. Except dean will never cave so lucifer shall win. I really hope that isnt what will happen.

Apart from the bombshell of Sam being lucifers real vessel the episode was fillerish with lots of humour and slapstick in there. A real question though is if it was Lucifer who ressurected Castiel and saved Sam/Dean from the church? the flaw in that logic is Lucifer wanted sam close by so would have perhaps kept himin the church or moved him to teh plane if he was in danger. BUT why dean? What does lucifer care if dean perished or not. I still believe someone moved the boys and ressucrected castiel and we havent been introduced to that angel or entity yet.

The strip club was funny, the way dean admitted he hasn't been living his life was heartbreaking. So selling his soul was not the hardship it appeared he didnt fight ti live because he was unhappy in that life and tired.

• Moderators

I certainly hope they go down the Dean vs Sam bit, as they didn't really do it properly at the end of last season. It fizzled out a little towards the end really.

I think it could be a very strong ending to this story arc.

I certainly hope they go down the Dean vs Sam bit, as they didn't really do it properly at the end of last season. It fizzled out a little towards the end really.

I think it could be a very strong ending to this story arc.

See if we had got the sam versus dean fight last season and the boys stopped being so polite to each other and we had got the bare bones of what they were angry/scared at we could have had one hell of a show down but this season the fight will not be between the brothers and the whole show is on these two brothers and their battle against evil. To me having them taken over by angels is unthinkable. Its like when Fred died on ANGEL. We had Amy Acker in Illyria but now instead of the fred we grew to loves character we had to adjust to seeing her as another character. I felt robbed of Fred and barely placaded with this secondary character.

The Angels taking over sam and dean will mean that we have 2 NEW characters and will no longer have the wit of dean and the heart of sam. As with Fred we will no longer have the characters that make supernatural special. I just dont think it will work of the angels take over the brothers. It is a way if the show is to continue wthout Jensen and Jared though as like castiel said the more powerful the angel the less is left for the poor sod whose body it is. So we hand off to a new generation or family of hunters?

Personally I love the winchester boys and how they interact with each other and dont want to lose that

• Moderators

It's difficult to know what's going to happen really, especially when we know the end of this season will be the end of this part of the Supernatural story .. whatever that means? No one knows.

I get what you mean about them being taken over, but in some way I feel like that's the only way they would truly be driven against each other to that level. Regardless of their differences, it would never believably get to such a drastic stage between them without something really pushing both of them.

I guess we'll see how they deal with it. I'm sure it'll be done well, as the writers really have developed the characters so well over the years.

It's interesting to see Cas as such a strong part of the show now though. Even though we've always had supporting characters, they've never felt like they were at the forefront quite as much as he is at the moment. I'm not sure how far they're going to push him.

It's difficult to know what's going to happen really, especially when we know the end of this season will be the end of this part of the Supernatural story .. whatever that means? No one knows.

I get what you mean about them being taken over, but in some way I feel like that's the only way they would truly be driven against each other to that level. Regardless of their differences, it would never believably get to such a drastic stage between them without something really pushing both of them.

I guess we'll see how they deal with it. I'm sure it'll be done well, as the writers really have developed the characters so well over the years.

It's interesting to see Cas as such a strong part of the show now though. Even though we've always had supporting characters, they've never felt like they were at the forefront quite as much as he is at the moment. I'm not sure how far they're going to push him.

I do agree with you about them being meat suits will be the only way to resolve their issues that would result in a battle but the battle will not be about their issues if they are possessed or taken over by the angels. It will be the angels fight. I would much rather see the brothers air their issues. Seeing sam and dean fight for any other reason wouldnt fit right with me. Although if this is the last season we will have teh winchester boys then hell yes, lets go down this route, lkets have dean the figure head of good and sam the figurehead of pure evil but we know deep down sam is tormented inside and good.

The idea of sam trapped in his body while its used for pure evil is disturbing. :thumbup:

I think whatever happens will be written excellantly. No doubt from my side, in all the epsiodes in each season there has been one epsiode I was like :blush: what? Care to guess?

my problem is that I even like the stupid episodes

Hope you don't think the beerfest one where they encounter the Dracula/.werewolf etc.

I loved that, Dean in laderhosen was so funny.

Sorry, appealed to my sense of humour.:o

(Thats what happens when you like the dangerous brothers dvd, humour drops to simplistic levels! :WAVE: )

i dont want a sam/lucifer dean/michael showdown! no no no no. i mean i think the boys should go out with a fight but it should be their own fight damn it!

=x=

i know what you mean, i want it to be sam and dean not billy bob a and billy bob b