Cosplay

Jemma

Hey all

Rogue's mate Jen here. Me and Ste are prob planning to go as Jane and Felix (he's lovely and tall though not as tall as Daniel <swoon>) Will be needing to look at that book when you get it Rogue :-).

BTW Birmingham Prom was loads of fun :-)

Jen *cuddles* Jo told me you were coming as Jane and Ste as Felix. She said me and Ste should try and get some pics as Eddy and Felix. Can't wait for ET3, or seeing you guys in costume its going to be awesome.

Jo says we'll all prob end up having a trip to visit you to sort costumes out lol

^_^

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all

Rogue's mate Jen here. Me and Ste are prob planning to go as Jane and Felix (he's lovely and tall though not as tall as Daniel <swoon>) Will be needing to look at that book when you get it Rogue :-).

Jen *cuddles* Jo told me you were coming as Jane and Ste as Felix. She said me and Ste should try and get some pics as Eddy and Felix. Can't wait for ET3, or seeing you guys in costume its going to be awesome.

Jo says we'll all prob end up having a trip to visit you to sort costumes out lol

^_^

Errr... Oy!!! Don't you be putting words in my mouth missus!! I said it as a joke!!! :D She has enough to do! We are grown adults... Perfectly capable of totally destroying whatever we buy btw now and february!!

Hey all

:D

Errr... Oy!!! Don't you be putting words in my mouth missus!! I said it as a joke!!! :P She has enough to do! We are grown adults... Perfectly capable of totally destroying whatever we buy btw now and february!!

Hey that aint a problem I like helping out. Plus I have the worlds fastest, and quietest sewing machine lol just ask Paul!! Just randomly Jo there were some pics added to Twi fans the other day and it showed one of Charlie in his waist coat, without the jacket on over the top.

:D

Errr... Oy!!! Don't you be putting words in my mouth missus!! I said it as a joke!!! :P She has enough to do! We are grown adults... Perfectly capable of totally destroying whatever we buy btw now and february!!

Hey that aint a problem I like helping out. Plus I have the worlds fastest, and quietest sewing machine lol just ask Paul!! Just randomly Jo there were some pics added to Twi fans the other day and it showed one of Charlie in his waist coat, without the jacket on over the top.

Ohh I had to run of and look for those pics then. He looks like he's attending a wedding!!! *frowns* Still it looks like black trousers, shoes, polo neck...Waistcoat... Strange medallythingy around his neck... and cape... Hmmm.

May have to head over to Bury Market to the materials stalls and see if they have any nice material... Jen thinks she can get a pattern. And presto! There should be someone in the area who can whip up a nice cloak.

Thanks Sam! I think I shall go with the honey, very nice :D

Where the Wolf Black the ones that Tiff was wearing for Alice? They looked great but £30 is a little over my limit =[

i got mine for £15 from

http://www.mpcontactlenses.co.uk/

Awww wish I'd found that site sooner!!

Sooo much cheaper than the ones I got but with mine you could order them with different "powers" to suit your prescription which was cool. Didnt wanna be walking around completely blind!

They arrived today so excited to test them out!

xxxx

I wish I could wear contacts, but the thought of taking them out freaks me D:

They terrify me, even though I'm fully capable of touching my actual eyes without caring. But I've decided I'm going to get over it if it kills me! :D

See, I can touch my eyeballs no problem, but it's the thought of th contacts breaking that knocks me sick

:/

Just off to Boots paharmacy to see if they can do anything about my eye. Just showed my dad and he said its not a stye because that is on the outside of the eye whereas this is swollen red on the inside of my lower lid...ouchy! =[[ Still waiting for my contacts....which is probably a good thing because I would want to try them hehe.

For those of you planning on wearing contacts but haven't before. To start off your gonna need to wash your hands, preferably with none perfumed soap as that can irritate your eyes. You're also gonna need some tissue.

1) If your contacts are in a lenses holder (i.e. http://www.teamlegion.net/jroseonline/images/clearcare.jpg) remove the lenses from the solution, if you have the other kind then just open the side you plan on putting the lense of in first

2) With your clean hands take the lense out of the holder but dry your finger before trying to insert the lense otherwise it could stick to your finger whilst trying to put it in.

3) (Some people hold their eyelids open in different ways) Hold the lense on your index finger, using the middle finger from the same hand hold your bottom lid down. Then using the middle and index finger on your other hand hold your top lid.

4) Now putting the lense in is where some people do it alot differently. Some people look straight ahead as their putting the lense in but others (like myself) look in a different direction. Once you know which way you want to look it makes it easier.

5) Once the lense is in I was told not to immediately close your eye but instead to look up, down, left and right to help the lense settle then close your eye and reopen and the lense should be in place.

If you have any problems again you should be able to go to your local optician and they should be able to show you how to do them.

Just to add to the above (thumbs up to the "how to" guide btw!)....

Make sure you're not putting the lens in your eye inside out coz that is possible!

When you look at lens on your finger it should look bowl shaped. If you have it inside out then it should look like the bowl has a kinda lip edge to it.

It's a bit hard to explain without pictures/diagrams!

But you should be able to feel if it's in the wrong way round. It'll just feel odd and I tend to blink alot. I can feel the lens in my eye more when it's in wrong and get the urge to take it out before it irritates too much.

xxxx

Ah yes putting them in the wrong way is always a problem but you should realise pretty quick that they are the wrong way. My coloured ones are only coloured on one side do you can usually tell. But as Nat said they should be shaped like a bowl if they are the right way round. But if they are the wrong way out the tops will bend outwards.

Hope this image helps

contacts.jpg

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Ah yes putting them in the wrong way is always a problem but you should realise pretty quick that they are the wrong way. My coloured ones are only coloured on one side do you can usually tell. But as Nat said they should be shaped like a bowl if they are the right way round. But if they are the wrong way out the tops will bend outwards.

Hope this image helps

contacts.jpg

Yesss, that is exactly what I was trying to describe!!

But good point about them only being coloured on one side....should make it easier to tell.

xxxx

So its early but its gonna happen so who do you plan on dressing as for ET3?

I cant choose its gonna be a tough one.

I was thinking Jane cos me being small and blonde but there's not really much choice for her other than the one outfit we have seen in the trailer.

My other option might be alice just because i am small :wub: but would have to wear a wig :P

So maybe both jane and alice for ET3?

Who else is planning their outfits?

OMG I'm so slow! I've only just realised this thread was here! Duh! Ah well! I think I'll be going as Bella and hopefully it won't be a complete fail like ISOM was and this time everything will work out! I had thought about Alice but dunno yet! Hmmmm what to do, what to doooo.

Just tryd my contacts out, OUCH...... my eyes are now soooooooooooo sore and still no contacts in theyr bloody HUGE!!! Me thinking this not gonna work!!

It helps that when buying contact lenses they have an option where you can choose the diameter but that's only helpful if you'd normally wear contacts so have the info from your opticians. Don't think my coloured contacts will fit properly as they aren't the same diameter as my normal contacts but we'll see when they arrive.

Edited by twilight obsessive

Okay i have decided to just do different rosalie outfits for ET3! As much as i love Jane i cant see me looking evil :P and the hair up thing is not me so i am sticking with rosalie just need the movie companion to come out so i can start planning ;)

Waterstones have the companion in Jem =] I got it a couple of days ago woo.

really i am sooo blonde i did not even realise it was out thought it was out in a few days ;) must drag my mum to go get it with me tomorrow :lol: