General Rambling

dragonsanddaffodils

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have started looking at apartments on the internet, but that's about it. It's hard finding a job and apartment now, because of the fact I'm not moving until January! But I'm calculating what it would cost me and those sort of things :D

Ahh right :) I suppose its pretty hard to do with you being in another country and stuff. If your thinking London I'd say expensive :P

Yeah I know, I have to wait until December at least until I start looking into those sort of things. I'm still excited though!! I'm just hoping everything will work out! :D

Don't worry hun I'm sure it will work out great :P And I'm so visiting you when you move here :P

Yeah I know, I have to wait until December at least until I start looking into those sort of things. I'm still excited though!! I'm just hoping everything will work out! :D

Don't worry hun I'm sure it will work out great :P And I'm so visiting you when you move here :P

You better do!! My only worry is that I'm gonna be all alone for months, that would be a bummer I think lol

I would love to move to London.

So many better gigs, not many people come to Cardiff, we always travel to go to gigs.

Better Sugarcraft guilds - most of my friends are down there

Better alternative clothing shops! Not just stuck with the Blue Banana

Always something going on - I am such a night owl! Before we had the kids, I would be sat there at 2am needing to go somewhere and the nightclubs are closed then

Reckon I would get to play more music more there too! I keep getting offers to go into orchestras, but, I don't know, I love classical music, but its just not heavy enough! Trouble is, cos there is nothing to do, I don't end up playing my guitar or anything and am stupidly rusty. Just plonk away on the piano every now and again, but too busy with work here

Biggest thing? In Wales, my cakes have to sell at about £300, if I lived in London, I could charge about £850. At the moment the London cake makers copy my cake designs and sell them for 3 times the price I charge. Gutting:( Classes I teach would be approx £140 for a full day per person, in Wales can't get more than £50 and they think that is expensive (Its not if you consider there are only about 4 people in the class) Plus the adult education classes, I get a quarter of the pay my london friends get. :D

Plus, you have the eurostar right on your doorstep!

I would love to move to London.

So many better gigs, not many people come to Cardiff, we always travel to go to gigs.

Better Sugarcraft guilds - most of my friends are down there

Better alternative clothing shops! Not just stuck with the Blue Banana

Always something going on - I am such a night owl! Before we had the kids, I would be sat there at 2am needing to go somewhere and the nightclubs are closed then

Reckon I would get to play more music more there too! I keep getting offers to go into orchestras, but, I don't know, I love classical music, but its just not heavy enough! Trouble is, cos there is nothing to do, I don't end up playing my guitar or anything and am stupidly rusty. Just plonk away on the piano every now and again, but too busy with work here

Biggest thing? In Wales, my cakes have to sell at about £300, if I lived in London, I could charge about £850. At the moment the London cake makers copy my cake designs and sell them for 3 times the price I charge. Gutting:( Classes I teach would be approx £140 for a full day per person, in Wales can't get more than £50 and they think that is expensive (Its not if you consider there are only about 4 people in the class) Plus the adult education classes, I get a quarter of the pay my london friends get. :D

Plus, you have the eurostar right on your doorstep!

Wow sounds like you have many reasons to move :) Maybe you should consider it :) I would kill to live in london but we can't move :P grrr.

Amanda no need to worry I'm sure you would make friends right away plus you would get to know tones of people when you get a job :)

Biggest thing? In Wales, my cakes have to sell at about £300, if I lived in London, I could charge about £850. At the moment the London cake makers copy my cake designs and sell them for 3 times the price I charge. Gutting:(

Oh no! That's just so wrong of them! :P

Amanda no need to worry I'm sure you would make friends right away plus you would get to know tones of people when you get a job :)

I hope I do, but I usually don't have problem making friends so it's not that big of a deal. It's scary and exciting at the same time :D

Biggest thing? In Wales, my cakes have to sell at about £300, if I lived in London, I could charge about £850. At the moment the London cake makers copy my cake designs and sell them for 3 times the price I charge. Gutting:(

Oh no! That's just so wrong of them! :P

I hope I do, but I usually don't have problem making friends so it's not that big of a deal. It's scary and exciting at the same time :D

Yay for you! Yeah it's like nerves and excitment and fear all in one: D

It does doesn't it, but I wouldn't cos all my family are here. I was lucky to have my grandparents til I was 25, so I would love my children to have the same :D

Yeah I suppose your right, like the money side of things doesn't really outbalance everything else :)

Oh no! That's just so wrong of them! :chair:

I hope I do, but I usually don't have problem making friends so it's not that big of a deal. It's scary and exciting at the same time :smile:

Yay for you! Yeah it's like nerves and excitment and fear all in one: D

Exactly B)

I think there's a possibility because I heard that there was only 50 gold tickets left after ET1 and it feels like ET2 is much popular lol xD

Ahh suppose.

I'm praying theres silver ones left :smile:

Eh I'm standard lol. Determined to get a better ticket to ET5 though. Can't go to ET4. Bummed out about it but guess friends wedding is more important... especially as I'm a bridesmaid! :) Besides!! The Standards had more fun at Proms!! I spent more time in standard than in gold!

Slatteries cakes can sell from £300 up to £850 Rhi! And thats up near Manchester. Not London.

Is the bride a twilight fan? You can bring the wedding to ET4 lol!! xD

YEs she is!! She came to Proms with me and is bringing her fiance to ET3! However... location is booked!! I DID try to get her to get married there but I think having ET3 overrun by bemused wedding guests and bemused wedding guests running into the Cullens it would be a generally very confusing wedding lol!!

Although *I* think it'd be great!! Best of both worlds eh?!

I think there's a possibility because I heard that there was only 50 gold tickets left after ET1 and it feels like ET2 is much popular lol xD

Ahh suppose.

I'm praying theres silver ones left :smile:

Eh I'm standard lol. Determined to get a better ticket to ET5 though. Can't go to ET4. Bummed out about it but guess friends wedding is more important... especially as I'm a bridesmaid! :) Besides!! The Standards had more fun at Proms!! I spent more time in standard than in gold!

Slatteries cakes can sell from £300 up to £850 Rhi! And thats up near Manchester. Not London.

Yeah standards was fun, there wasnt a hugge difference between standard and gold at proms really :) I will so be happy with any kind of ticket :)