Your Event feedback

SugarSpunSister

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a member of the staff "invited!" someone in, then that is fine because it's how they decide...if it wasnt for them you wouldn't be going to these amazing events that you are attending!

Thats not what you were saying on the night :blink::D

45921590.popcorn.gif

hehe

Oh, one more thing about the weekend - I submitted a question for the guests and obviously on the website, it asks you what event you will be at (I guess thats so they can ask your question at the right event that you are at) - anyway, someone I know that went to London said my question was asked to the guests there - I was in Birmingham and put Birmingham on the question submission - so that was a bit of a bummer!

• Showmasters Admin

Oh, one more thing about the weekend - I submitted a question for the guests and obviously on the website, it asks you what event you will be at (I guess thats so they can ask your question at the right event that you are at) - anyway, someone I know that went to London said my question was asked to the guests there - I was in Birmingham and put Birmingham on the question submission - so that was a bit of a bummer!

Sorry about that. I shall slap Paul the MC next time I see him :wub:

Edited by Too Tall

hey, I was a convention "virgin", and I didnt know what to expect. Here is what I thought:

I thought the hotel was great, it was very clean and the staff were very polite. The only downside to the hotel was the prices. I couldnt believe how exspensive the food and drinks were.

Someone else has already mentioned about utilising the rooms better, which I totally agree with, there could have been the Twilight DVD playing in a room for people to chill out while waiting for photos and autographs, I'm sure they wouldnt have minded sitting on the floor (back in the days at school, lol), instead of waiting in the lobey.

I know this has been an issue with some people and thats about standard and gold tickets. I was a standard ticket holder along with my friend. And although we did get invited into the VIP area, we didnt stay long. We didnt even approach the guests, we found it more lively out with the standards who were dancing their feet off and having a really good time. I think if the guests actually came out for half an hour to greet the standards I think they would of loved it, we also paid a fairly decent amount of money, which is quite alot for some people, and a hey from the guests wouldnt have hurt. I did notice in the VIP area is that it really wasnt anything to look at. Unlike the standard area which had the gazebo, which was very pretty.

The whole team from Massive Events were brilliant, and so patient. I think I asked them a million questions, and each time they were very friendly and lovely. Thanks guys.

So theres my thoughts, I dont mean to affend anyone and I apologise if I do.

I put a crazy question in and it didn't get read out. I'm cool with that though, it would've made me look like even more of a weirdo.. ;D

Um, yeah, with that question! :(

lol before the event I couldn't come up with questions so I joked and wrote "Will you marry me?" as a question for Charlie. Then, during the guest talk, I was so freaking terrified they would actually pick that one because then I would have felt like a crazy person haha :o

I put a crazy question in and it didn't get read out. I'm cool with that though, it would've made me look like even more of a weirdo.. ;D

Um, yeah, with that question! :(

It would've made for some interesting answers though ;D

haha what was the question? :o

Would you rather have a human head and a mermaid's body, or a fish head and a human body?

Um, yeah, with that question! :o

It would've made for some interesting answers though ;D

haha what was the question? :D

Would you rather have a human head and a mermaid's body, or a fish head and a human body?

Hahahaha. How could they NOT pick that question? Now I wanna know the answer! Does that make me a weirdo too? :(

Hello!

I was at the twiproms in London and I must admit: I really had a fantastic weekend. :o

I came from Italy, so I took a flight, paid an hotel....and honestly I didn't know what to expect by such kind of event. I feared to be disappointed, I feared that the other partcipants were only "young people" (I'm not a teenager anymore), I feared that it would have been difficult to talk to the guests.

Well all my fears faded immediately after the registration. The place chosen for the event was great, the crew was really kind and answered to all my questions (and I asked many questions, believe me!), the organisation was excellent. I was impressed by the kindness of security people, the fans were polite even if everybody was around the actors and tried to have photos with them, it seems to me that it happened kindly. The photos with guests were ready in such a short time (the photographer did a great job) and the guests were simply amazing.

I was in Montepulciano on the set during the shooting of New Moon, and at the time, I noticed that Charley and Daniel were kind with alla fans, but in London they really surprised me. On saturday morning, when the autograph's session was ended, I could talk briefly with Daniel who answered to all my questions concerning the film. I really appreciated it. I also won a dance with him at the raffle and probably this made the all experience unforgattable.

So I don't have any criticism or complain to make, just a little observation about the products in the dealers area. The photos and posters were good, but I hoped to find think more merchandise and gadgets .

well this was my first convention, i was a gold ticket at london and i have no complaints, the guests spoke to us first, before going out of the vip area, the hotel was lovely, great venue, great timing, the crew were brilliant. I wish i could have spoke more to the guests but to be honest i made to fab friends and was a little intoxicated lol, and i knew everyone wanted to have turn.

well this was my first convention, i was a gold ticket at london and i have no complaints, the guests spoke to us first, before going out of the vip area, the hotel was lovely, great venue, great timing, the crew were brilliant. I wish i could have spoke more to the guests but to be honest i made to fab friends and was a little intoxicated lol, and i knew everyone wanted to have turn.

just one thing i did think of, i think the merchandise should sell things like pens, and smaller items, as they are available.

A movie showing would of been glorious

Just had a look into this at Filmbank ("Filmbank, a joint venture company owned by Warner Bros. Entertainment and Sony Pictures Releasing, represents many of the leading Hollywood and independent film studios in the area of film usage outside the cinema and home. This includes content provision and screening licences." - basically they can licence any film except The Sound Of Music and the 6 Star Wars films) and it makes for mildly interesting reading. Obviously you have to go through the legal formalities before indulging in a public showing (because otherwise the event organisers can be sued for breach of copyright, the venue may also cause them trouble, because they too could receive unwanted legal attention, and there's always the possibility that there could be repercussions with booking future guests or other folk from the industry - after all, if word gets round that you're not paying the film company (and possibly by extension, actors and directors and scriptwrites etc) their full due, those sort of people might not want to deal with you) and it's not necessarily easy or cheap.

First off, you can't show your domestic DVD copy. Read the tedious copyright notices, and you'll see that public performance of it is forbidden. You have to "hire" a special version from Filmbank. If it's for showing at a commercial event (which this would be, since you're charging people to attend, even if the film is not the main event) then there's a charge. For cases where the charged entry is explicit for the film, then it's basically 35% of the "box office" takings. For cases such as this where it's all part of a bigger event, then you have to contact Filmbank to discuss the pricing. But suppose they say that for a pretty recent and popular film like Twilight, they would assess the "charge" for the film as £4 per head, and they want 35% of that. OK, so if 200 people paid to attend the prom (even if only 50 were to actually watch the film), that's £800 they're assessing as the "box office", and they want 35% of that. £280. Plus the £14 freight charge for them to send and collect the film from you. Plus VAT. OK, now we're up to about £340. Plus any costs ME may incur in getting equipment to show a DVD, unless they already have that stuff there. Plus somebody has to check the film beforehand to make sure it's OK (Filmbank's website specifically mentions that - and after all, suppose ME turned up with a DVD that jumped or didn't work - wouldn't be popular). Add in the staff time/cost spent having to order it in advance, filling out the return and sending it back, dealing with the ensuing billing... you're probably talking £400 overall. OK, maybe people would be happy to pay an extra couple of quid in the overall ticket price, but at the moment, £400 extra expenditure on an event that didn't make money is probably not the most popular idea. Plus if they wanted to show it more than once you get charged for each showing. And if they wanted it at the second event then either they'd have to take it with them when the main party left, or arrange somebody to transfer it up the motorway later (at some presumed cost, if only their petrol) or hire two copies.

It's a nice idea in theory, but given the cost and the administrative hassle, I'd guess it wouldn't be ME's first choice of extra attraction. (And I mean, it's not like you folks haven't seen the movie or anything, is it? :( )

In the words of Jim Carrey... alrightttyyyyyy then! Guess they wont be showing Twilight then?? lol :o

This was my first time going to an event and i have to say i had a brilliant weekend. I went to both London & Birmingham and can i say that in my opinon i thought the guests relaxed more at Birmingham than London. Daniel went to bed reasonably early cos he was tired from Jet Lag and Charlie left a similar time to the Birmingham one. All of the guests stayed mainly in the VIP at both, Charlie and Jose did come out in London towards the end and thats when charlie did the conga :( lol! He had a walk round the casion and that was it but to be fair i saw him do that in Birmingham aswell. At Birmingham both Daniel and Jose stayed alot later than they did in London, but obv with Charlie he had friends in London he went and saw and in Brum he had his family there so probably was why he didn't stay really late!

I think SM did an awsome event considering the late cancellations of guests etc... all the staff were friendly, queues were quick and well organised for autographs and pictures. Yes the hotel was pricey but we took our own drink and just drunk in our room before coming down, cheap all round :o

And can i say i thought there were some fantastic dresses there, thought everyone looked beautiful!

Looking forward to ET2

I had never been to a con before and was quite nervous. But everyone was really friendly. :P

I thought everything did go really well. These are a few little niggles and I mean little.

Was a little disappointed in a group of girls who 'hogged Charlie' when he did come in to the standard area.

The DJ's music choices were sometimes a little dodgy and the food was way to expensive but at least when I go to ET3 I'll know and bring a picnic and drink. There was nearly a 4 hour gap after photo's and berfore the guest talks that was a little boring.

It sounds like I'm moaning but I had a fantastic time and I can't wait for ET3

Thanks to SM and everyone involved. The crew were friendly and helpful esp the guy in the waist jacket with brown hair and glasses. Don't know his name. The guests were amazing. :P Super lovely guys. The photographer was great esp as I got to hug Jose just that little bit longer cos of a mistake. Though he surely could have done something about my crazy eyes :P ha ha

Hope at ET3 I won't be as shy and talk to more people.

Gutted I can't be at ET2 but can't wait for ET3

Debs xx

just one thing i did think of, i think the merchandise should sell things like pens, stickers, notebooks, keyrings and smaller items, as they are available on the web. The pictures and mugs were great but I would have spent a small fortune on other collectable bits n bobs.