Your Event feedback

SugarSpunSister

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Crépuscule :) Especially for the train advice I hadn't even thought of that xx

haha no worries :blink:

I noticed you on the prom your white dress was stunning I had to point it out to my friend lol

Aw thankyou :) I got it in a shop in LA will try find the receipt to see which one it was, twas really cheap though like $20 lol it's my new fave shop! Just a shame it takes £500+ to get there :D

My only criticisms of Brum, was the DJ... not the best selection of tracks imo.

And the fact that people still crowded the guests when (it is stated in the programme not to, isn't it?) they were out of the VIP section.

I purposely ignored Charlie during that time, because I didn't want to be seen as that sort of fan.

Yeah, I felt for the guests at that point, so even more clear instruction to the fans may help, who knows.

I also don't know if this is the place to bring this up, but Beth and I asked Too Tall if we could have our stock photos signed by the guests on the sunday, by one of our friends who was going to be there all weekend. He said yes, and we were all happy.

What I didn't realise was that I had to put the programme in with the pack (I thought the badge would be sufficient, so it didn't occur to me to take the programe out of my clutch bag). so when it came to it, my photos were refused to be signed, whereas the other Beth's were signed because she'd left the programme with them. I'm a little disappointed that such a small oversight caused my pack to be refused signing. I'm honestly gutted after being told I'd have the autographs done.

Considering both badges were present, and one programme, I'm shocked and a little hurt that it was refused.

Meh.

Edited by Ilora-Danon

And the fact that people still crowded the guests when (it is stated in the programme not to, isn't it?) they were out of the VIP section.

I purposely ignored Charlie during that time, because I didn't want to be seen as that sort of fan.

Yeah, I felt for the guests at that point, so even more clear instruction to the fans may help, who knows.

Was not my type of music, however it was the perfect music to dance to I felt.

i honstley dont think charlie minded having his picture taken he was the one who came out of the vip section and he continued to stay at the barrier if he didnt like the attention he could have gone away from the barrier like the other 2 did a few time no one go hurt and i think thats all that matters

about cost of hotel me and my husband stayed at a different hotel and we didnt miss anything so i think its unfair to conplain about price we also eat outside of the hotel and out other friends took food with them

about people going in the vip section i think fair enough you did pay more but i dont see why it a problem for one or 2 standard ticket holders to go in the vip section it doesnt hurt anyone plus its done now im also a mother and go standard tickets it was first time i manage to go to a con and i think it is what you make of it i just took everything as it happened

about the time we had i like it me and my hubby went for a walk around london and stuff it was lovely then when we got back the photos where being printed wihich was great

i loved the hole event and there is not one single thing i would change these event are not going to be perfected for everyone becouse everyone is different i just took this as it comes and enjooyed myself we are all adluts and i think the guest are 2 and know what they wont

x

about cost of hotel me and my husband stayed at a different hotel and we didnt miss anything so i think its unfair to conplain about price we also eat outside of the hotel and out other friends took food with them

In Brum there wasn't any other restaurant/food facilites within a 10 mile radius of the Hilton. It was literally in the middle of an industrial estate, which is why people found the price of the food in the Hilton to be difficult to stomach. It's all well and good taking food, but you can't really live on crisps and snacks for the weekend. A main evening meal does go down well generally - which unless you've got £18 to spend on a burger, then you're pretty stuffed.

• Showmasters Admin

In Brum there wasn't any other restaurant/food facilites within a 10 mile radius of the Hilton. It was literally in the middle of an industrial estate, which is why people found the price of the food in the Hilton to be difficult to stomach. It's all well and good taking food, but you can't really live on crisps and snacks for the weekend. A main evening meal does go down well generally - which unless you've got £18 to spend on a burger, then you're pretty stuffed.

There are places over at the airport that is a 20 minute walk away.

Also about a 20 minute walk or 2 minute car drive there is a very nice pub called the little owl. It does food for between £5 and £12. We went there on Sunday night.

I understand you may not have known about it, but if you'd asked any of the crew, they all know about it, also the hotel will tell you about it if you ask about local pub food. That's how we found out about it the first time.

I think my main point here is, if you have any issues AT ALL at one of our events please do talk to us (even if it's venue and not event related). It maybe that we have information that you don't and maybe able to resolve the issue for you. We stay at a lot of these hotels a number of times a year and so sometimes the crew have great insider knowledge.

Edited by Too Tall

I also don't know if this is the place to bring this up, but Beth and I asked Too Tall if we could have our stock photos signed by the guests on the sunday, by one of our friends who was going to be there all weekend. He said yes, and we were all happy.

What I didn't realise was that I had to put the programme in with the pack (I thought the badge would be sufficient, so it didn't occur to me to take the programe out of my clutch bag). so when it came to it, my photos were refused to be signed, whereas the other Beth's were signed because she'd left the programme with them. I'm a little disappointed that such a small oversight caused my pack to be refused signing. I'm honestly gutted after being told I'd have the autographs done.

Considering both badges were present, and one programme, I'm shocked and a little hurt that it was refused.

Meh.

If you ever have chance to speak to Charlie at another event please ask him if he felt crowded, because it was actually him going up to everyone and chatting with them all.

I actually asked him if he was bothered by all us "fans" as you say, and he answer was "hell no, i bloody love it"!!!

So to those " fans" keep up the good work cuz Charlie LOVES IT!

Lauren x

• Showmasters Admin

Meh.

The crew did the right thing. Someone coming up with 2 badges and asking for 2 set of autographs when that person only has 1 programme. How were the crew to know that the owner of the second badge hadn't already got the autographs themselves, that's why we have vouchers.

I remember you asking me on Saturday night I said if you had someone that could do it for you, that was fine. Just give them your reg pack but you needed to make sure they had your programme and giving them your badge was a good idea too.

I'm sorry you didn't get them, but I don't think we could have made it any clearer, no vouchers = no autographs.

This information has been here on this forum for quite some time in the HOW THINGS WORK thread. And as far as I'm aware this information was also in the reg packs.

From the HOW THINGS WORK thread.....

Vouchers: Your registration pack will contain vouchers for your autographs (these autograph vouchers maybe on the back of your convention guide book). Your pack will also contain your photo shoot vouchers if you are a Gold pass holder or have ordered them in advance online. If you think any of your vouchers are missing please let us know immediately. You will be asked for them when you come to claim your autographs or photo shoots. If you forget to bring these vouchers or lose them, you will not be able to claim your autographs or photo shoots. These vouchers are YOUR responsibility, please treat them as if they are CASH. You WILL NOT be able to claim your photo shoots and autographs without these vouchers.
Edited by Too Tall

I "love" how whenever someone's been upset by something to do with a con, a member of SM comes back with a disclaimer for it.

I understand there are rules, but considering it wasn't exactly a 'sold out' event, a little generosity and 'benefit of the doubt' in my opinion, wouldn't have gone a miss.

I accept your apology, thanks.

I understand how upset you are, I would be too, but you wouldn't believe how many people have tried their luck at the shows and tried to get more than they were entitled to. Seriously it happens A LOT. I do however see why you're upset not to get your autographs, I am very sorry for you.

Edited by Big_Pants

On the subject of the price of food at the hotel when ET3 is held there in February I'm bringing a cool bag stuffed with 3 days supply of food. I will have my car with me but who want to start driving around looking for food - so I hope the hotel won't mind as well but I'm bringing my own drinks as well.

That's a good idea :) lol shame its a fire hazard to bring a mini grill, BBQ etc lol we could have had our own little kitchen going heee x

Yeah we're bringing food as well. As for the bbq.... is the car park fair game? ;) Or one of the picnic area's near the nec? We may even work on bringing enough stuff for cocktails!! Whoop!

There are places over at the airport that is a 20 minute walk away.

Also about a 20 minute walk or 2 minute car drive there is a very nice pub called the little owl. It does food for between £5 and £12. We went there on Sunday night.

I understand you may not have known about it, but if you'd asked any of the crew, they all know about it, also the hotel will tell you about it if you ask about local pub food. That's how we found out about it the first time.

I think my main point here is, if you have any issues AT ALL at one of our events please do talk to us (even if it's venue and not event related). It maybe that we have information that you don't and maybe able to resolve the issue for you. We stay at a lot of these hotels a number of times a year and so sometimes the crew have great insider knowledge.

like I said earlier to there's also brum itself which takes like about 15 mins in all to get there and there's cheap places to eat we had a nandos ;) YUM YUM!!!

I didn't go to Twi Proms but, I see that the complaints are very similar to those we had after ET1. Paying for Gold and seeing stabdard tickets holders get just as much. For this reason I opted to not buy gold for ET2 but to go standard and just hope that I get a look in at some point.

Overall though it seems that everyone had a good time and I'm looking forward to ET2 in a few weeks time no matter who turns up guest wise.

We went to the birmingham prom and were invited into the gold area at like 12 when there was no one left anyway. lol. and daniel and charlie has disappeared too. lol. the american chinese guy (i assume a manager or something) invited us in.

we got questioned by the crew, but there were already ppl there who were standard ticket holders sitting with the crew. surely the same rules should apply for everyone and the crews friends shouldnt have been in their either, esp when they questioned us.

My highlights were my hugs from daniel and meeting some fab new friends

Low - the hanging around on sunday when there was nothing to do.

i dont get why people can just leave things alone i think the crew where amazing and did an amazing job they where there as volunteers and did have to be there and if they where not there the event would not happen so i think they need to be left alone they all did amazing

charlie loved the attention end off he choice to have all the attention and he is an adult who could have said no

no one is gunna be happy all the time and i understand everyone has an opion but i think its happened its in the past let sleeping dogs lie and move on

sorry if i affend anyone just speaking my mind

x

Also heard the guests got to relax a lot more in London and so they were too tired to relax and party in Birmingham, maybe if the event was held again the second day itinerary in 1st hotel could be the first day in the 2nd hotel and have the party with the guests the following day, therefore giving them the chance to re-coup.

Wouldn't that mean that the big party at the second event would be on the Sunday night? People might find that less attractive, as they would probably have to take the Monday off work, which may not be an option, or leave early, which may make them feel they're having to shortchange themselves. At least this way everybody can have party with gay abandon at the "main" party and recover on a weekend morning. Just a thought.

And for those folk suggesting showing the film on a big screen, such a public performance would be a breach of copyright - a special public performance licence would be needed. I don't know how much they cost, but I doubt it would be a fiver, and would suggest it could be a significant item in the event's costs. (And I also believe that such licences are done through a central organisation, so I'm not sure you could negotiate a "cheapie" or a "freebie" from the film's producers, as I believe they're not directly involved with operating the system).

I have to admit I got very arsey over the whole standards being let into the Gold area its not fair on the Standards and its not fair on the Golds either way you look at it I personally dont think it should happen. Other than that i dont really have much to complain about except the damn prices :D:P what the hell was that about ;) but thats not SM fault i just wanted to moan about it :P