Heroes Season 4 - Volume 5: Redemption Discussion

DavidB

I loved these episodes, feels rather new again, tis great. Loved how Sylar was messing with Matt and how Nathan was wondering what was going on with himself :D Not sure what to think about the tattoo and compass people at the moment though.

• Moderators

I did enjoy it - mostly the Carnival stuff, and Matt/Sylar I think.

Some of the stuff did seem kinda pointless as per usual, like Claire's storyline (highly predictable), and Tracy etc. I didn't even think much of Peter's although at least he has a more human direction this time.

I liked Sylar's storyline with Matt, though not so much the Nathan stuff as that seemed to be moving a little too quickly in terms of unravelling.

Hiro changing the past is an interesting idea, although I'm not convinced doing one thing would only CHANGE one thing in the future, so I hope they show a far wider impact at some point.

I liked Sylar's storyline with Matt, though not so much the Nathan stuff as that seemed to be moving a little too quickly in terms of unravelling.

Hiro changing the past is an interesting idea, although I'm not convinced doing one thing would only CHANGE one thing in the future, so I hope they show a far wider impact at some point.

Ah, that reminded me, I agree with the timeline stuff, it should've made a bigger impact, however I remember something similar happening when he went back in time for Charlie, photos of them both on the wall, but from Ando's point of view Hiro only just met her :D Did that make sense?

As for Nathan, they have had 6 weeks was it? Although I'd like to have seen it take longer on screen.

I loved both episodes.

- Sylar was uber-sexy

- Carnival people are win.

- HRG and Tracy should be a good pairing.

- Matt Jnr did an awesome "I'm scared of Sylar" expression.

- I hope Matt embraces his dark side.

Two shocking things coming up. So shocking I nearly Sh@t bricks...

- I actually liked Peter! For the first time since early season 1! He is much more tolerable in relatively normal situations/environments.

- I actually didn't want to kill Claire. Perhaps it was the two annoying girls she befriended that made her less irritating, but she was.

I just hope the Claire and Peter tolerating lasts, then Heroes can be perfect again.

Edited by Lenatalia

I could have yelled YES at the screen several times because after the lameness of the science of those with 'gifts' I think we needed to get back to what made the first season so strong.

Personally I dont care why they have 'gifts' I just wanna see them use them for good and bad and watch the characters fight with their 'gift' and try to be normal.

I LOVED SAMUEL. I cant determine if he is good or bad yet but think he is meant to come across as creepy cos of the carnival but I wasnt getting a big bad vibe from him. I really loved the introduction of the whole carnival and cant wait to meet the other carnival residents and work out the story with the compass' that only work in the hands of those who have gifts.

Loved Tracey and her cool water powers. Although it was nice when she said its not a good feeling to shatter into a millions pieces and be drawn together again.

The sylar stuff. I was so worried we would see less of him. The taunting of matt is classic. I hope that matt see's the error of his ways and returns sylar to his body. As nathan stand he will live forever as because of the shapeshifting sylars brain seems to not be as killable as claires. That makes no sense but it does!

I did enjoy the episodes and glad to see them back trying to live a normal life. But some aspects were a bit rushed.

Like Nathan realising that there's something wrong/different with him, would have liked to of seen that last over more episodes.

Danko's death seemed rather pointless. He was a main character for volume 4 and in these episodes he was killed off as if he was one of the characters in Star Trek that nobody has seen before or cared before. Would have like to off seen more drama/leading up to a climax for his death.

The death of Claire s roomate was just completely random aswell.

The Sylar storyline could be good if they do it right. I still hope that sometime down the road that there will be a big battle with Sylar (that we actually see).

Well I watched Eps 1-2 last week and just watched Eps 3 so here are my views.

Carnival people seems a great idea, where else would a 'band of weirdo’s gather together and travel the world? Like others I can't work out if they have good or bad intentions yet. Although as I am typing this I am starting to think they are bad (thinking what happens in Eps3). I was glad to see Ray Parks in it as well as I am a big SW fan.

Matt V Sylar good twist and I hope they continue it. I just can't help but think they will bump off Matt/Sylar, with Matt embracing the dark side and then finally seeing the error of his ways and topping himself or something so he would take Sylar with him.

Danko's death was a bit of a surprise, although if he isn't going to have a story line bumping off a.s.a.p. makes sense, if it was dragged out it would just clutter the story.

With Hiro changing what happened in the past I would have expected more of an impact, perhaps they are going to expand on this at a later date?

Nathan/Peter stories do appear a little rushed, but I am guessing they are just trying to set out the story early on ready for it to expand later. With everything that had gone on, I would have expected them to have said 6months instead of 6weeks. It just makes things seem more realistic!

I can't get into the Claire story, perhaps it’s just because I don't care and just see her as eye candy :WINCE: Although she does a lot of frowning? I do have a tendency to think it will take an interesting twist but the current roommate/best pal story just irritates me at the moment.

I am under the impression this is the last season they are doing of Heroes ( I guess you guys 'n' gals will correct me if I am wrong) so perhaps that’s why they are trying to rush/squeeze so much in early on. IF it is the last season, I think the carnival thing would make an interesting spin-off.

It looks like they are back on track with this season and I now really look forward to Tuesdays :P

Just a thought thinking back to season 1 (yes I know it's taken me this long to ask the question). Whatever did happen to Christopher Ecclestons character? For me it was never clear if he was bumped off, locked up etc.... I would love to see him make an appearance again although if they did bump him off it won't happen.

Edited by mightymax

I am under the impression this is the last season they are doing of Heroes ( I guess you guys 'n' gals will correct me if I am wrong) so perhaps that’s why they are trying to rush/squeeze so much in early on. IF it is the last season, I think the carnival thing would make an interesting spin-off.

There is no plans for Heroes to end after this season, however if the ratings continue to drop as they have been, NBC may axe it... even if that did happen, I reckon SyFy would pick it up anyway...

Ahh am leaning towards the carnival or Samuel at the very least being bad. The guy with speed and knives seemed forced almost to go get the compass. So perhaps not all the carnival are bad. Am guessing Samuel can manipulate minerals like earth and ink?

Not sure how I feel about the rest of the episode. Gretchen is up to something and I dont trust her at all.

Matt turning to the dark side is strange as he was always like hiro a cornerstone of good. I do love the matt/sylar scenes though and who can blame sylar. . Although if Matt caves and gives in we have two things happening. The actor who plays nathan will be sacked and sylar will kill matt for what he did. Although sylar being a devil on the shoulder of matt is really not going to work for long is it?

The Compass storyline is good and I'm interested in where it's going to go. Possibly because it seems like the only real plot other than Matt/Nathan/Sylar, which is amazing.

Gretchen had better be up to something and it better happen soon because she is just really annoying and I really wanted Claire to bitch-slap her something bad.

The Hiro/Ando thing just kind of bored me and I really think that lots would have changed if Ando and whatsherface had been together for years.

I can't actually remember much else that happened so I guess that says it all really! lol

The Compass storyline is good and I'm interested in where it's going to go. Possibly because it seems like the only real plot other than Matt/Nathan/Sylar, which is amazing.

Gretchen had better be up to something and it better happen soon because she is just really annoying and I really wanted Claire to bitch-slap her something bad.

The Hiro/Ando thing just kind of bored me and I really think that lots would have changed if Ando and whatsherface had been together for years.

I can't actually remember much else that happened so I guess that says it all really! lol

im going with the idea that she killed that annoying guitar hero freak....

Enjoying it as usual so far, loving RAy Park in it with the speedy knives. he doesnt work enough in my opinion

When one door closes, another one opens.

After Prison Break finished I knew I would miss old T-Bag, but here he turns up in Heroes.

For me, Heroes just stepped up a gear. The opening graveside scene seemed to just ooze T-Bag...

• 2 weeks later...
The opening graveside scene seemed to just ooze T-Bag

In the latest ep I found a lot of T-Bagisms happening and I love the fact that once again he has the "am I good or am I bad or am I both" thing going on! :P

Um I thought that it was pretty clear that even though in Prison Break T-Bag was the most entertaining of the lot and that he had vulnerable moments, that it was quite obvious that he was bad. What with him being a child molester and all. :WINCE:

Still my favourite Prison Break character though, because he's the most entertaining. Did not like watching the squicky T-Bag in any scene with a chid though.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm... so that's it over now...

Anyway tell me what happened to Tracy, and for that matter, Mohinder too... did they just forget about him or was he written out and I just missed that quick line of dialogue?

HOWEVER, I did like Claire's Brave New World ending, and the homage it paid to Season 1...

I wonder if we will ever get to see any more from Heroes... will be sad if that really was the very end, but as an ending, for some of the characters, it felt quite fitting and final...

Hiro, Ando, Claire, Peter, HRG & Sylar all seem pretty much done now... Tracy, Mohinder and Parkman are the only one's who didnt really have a satisfying ending and they deserved one...