So Which do I look at first?

Lizzy

So I'm at UK pace with the TV show, where in the most recent episode, Sam is nekked of Sookie's bed. I've been reading the first book and am up to that point. Now the key question is, should I carry on with the book or watch the TV show first? I like reading in my lunch break at work atm, so I'd prefer that option, but would I really be spoiling it for myself reading the book before the TV show?

Advice would be good please!! x

I say watch the TV show first. (I have to say that I saw the dénoument on the show first and I think that way round was much more fun.) You only have a few eps to go - you can make it!

Of course now I'm devouring the books at the rate of knots (having no new eps to watch for just under a year now, sob) and have no doubt spoiled myself hideously for future plotlines. Having said that certain things are definitely approached differently in the books, so I have faith that Alan Ball will still have plenty of surprises for us book-readers. :D

Ah! I take it each book is each season then? So 1 will end with book 1? I have the eps on my comp and was trying to hold off for my fiancé who is watching on FX (I don't have sky, boo)... but we're so near the end, I may cheat teehee :poki:

I read book 1 after seeing series 1, and am now reading book 2 after seeing season 2. I think I prefer watching the TV show not knowing at all what is likely to happen. Book 2 so far is slightly different to the TV series, however there are still enough similarites to make me glad I waited until I had seen it before reading.

• 1 month later...

Personally I'm not keen on watching stuff before i've read the novel but the series is so good that i wouldn't worry. Its really refreshing to see that the director has taken into account a very true representation of what Charlaine envisioned and then just added his own flourishes in there. I'm upto book 4 and i've only seen season 1 so either way, if you decide to watch or read first I don't think you can go wrong.

i started with the books first i enjoyed it that way ,i was to impatient to wait lol watching the series is just like a different version as they open up the characters more like jason and change the plot a bit but thats good :P although now im all finished reading im feeling a bit lost.think i may start the vampire diaries now x