Collectormania London

Too Tall

• Moderators

Always good to hear ;)

You do sadly get a few who only do it to get closer to the guests .. they get filtered out pretty quick though, once they realise a lot of jobs actually require us to see less of the event than the attendees do!

It's a fantastic experience though for the right person, working with the SM crew and making some great friends there, and meeting some great attendees too. Everyone is really welcoming.

Having done it for around 6 years now, I can certainly recommend it :P

Always good to hear ;)

You do sadly get a few who only do it to get closer to the guests .. they get filtered out pretty quick though, once they realise a lot of jobs actually require us to see less of the event than the attendees do!

It's a fantastic experience though for the right person, working with the SM crew and making some great friends there, and meeting some great attendees too. Everyone is really welcoming.

Having done it for around 6 years now, I can certainly recommend it :P

I can imagine.

Does all sound fab anyway.

The atmosphere at LFCC was enough to make me want to do it straight away, watching everybody running from the autograph tables clutching their pics............aww!

The crew I have met so far have all been great anyway

both me and hubby are fingers crossed, he would love to do it too :P

He's not as much of a sci fi nut as me though, and laughed at my reactions to things walking around LFCC :o

Always good to hear :wub:

Having done it for around 6 years now, I can certainly recommend it :D

I can imagine.

Does all sound fab anyway.

The atmosphere at LFCC was enough to make me want to do it straight away, watching everybody running from the autograph tables clutching their pics............aww!

The crew I have met so far have all been great anyway

both me and hubby are fingers crossed, he would love to do it too :o

He's not as much of a sci fi nut as me though, and laughed at my reactions to things walking around LFCC :D

I thought I would be clever and cut my teeth in Glasgow. I had a reaaly great time and everyone was really friendly and helpful. It is a bit daunting being the newbie. By the end I felt like one of the team :gorgeous:

Can't wait to do London. Gonna be such a buzz at a big event like that.

• Showmasters Admin

Being able to take pleasure in knowing you had something to do with someone else having an amazing day is a big part of being a crew member.

It's why a lot of us started and keep doing it. That and we're a bit mad :gorgeous:

Crewing can be very much like marmite. You either love it or you hate it.

About half of the new people that crew come and do it the first time and never do it again.

Some of them it will be because they just don't enjoy it, and that's cool, it's not for everyone. As David says, sometimes it's because they came in with the wrong attitude in the first place. They are either doing it to get closer to the guests or think it'll be easy. They soon find out you don't get nearer the guests (at least not at your first show) and it's far from easy.

But thankfully for every one we get that walks away we usually get at least as many newbies that get hooked on it and come back time and time again. They click with the rest of the crew and that's it. Once you're part of our odd dis-functional family, there is no getting away. Makes us sound like we're the mafia :wub:

Edited by Too Tall

Being able to take pleasure in knowing you had something to do with someone else having an amazing day is a big part of being a crew member.

It's why a lot of us started and keep doing it. That and we're a bit mad :gorgeous:

Crewing can be very much like marmite. You either love it or you hate it.

About half of the new people that crew come and do it the first time and never do it again.

Some of them it will be because they just don't enjoy it, and that's cool, it's not for everyone. As David says, sometimes it's because they came in with the wrong attitude in the first place. They are either doing it to get closer to the guests or think it'll be easy. They soon find out you don't get nearer the guests (at least not at your first show) and it's far from easy.

But thankfully for every one we get that walks away we usually get at least as many newbies that get hooked on it and come back time and time again. They click with the rest of the crew and that's it. Once you're part of our odd dis-functional family, there is no getting away. Makes us sound like we're the mafia :D

I'll give you as much milk as you want but I am not kissing any rings :wub:

I got hooked on my first event i did. Love doing it, as Too Tall said:

"its a great feeling knowing your part of something to do with someone else having an amazing day!"

Then you also get to hear Too Talls storys (As i did in Glasgow) some are not for the squeamish B)

I would recommend it to anyone. :smile:

Andrew

Thanks guys.

Great to hear about the cons from different peoples perspectives.

Sorry, don't even know if that came out right :D

You know what I mean :D

I get you Rhianydd, and if you want to crew, the best people to talk to are the crew and also, those who did it but didn't enjoy it. Balanced views as it were. But generally, as long as (as TT said) you go in with the right attitude - that it's going to be hard work (you will feel your feet like you never have before!) and the knowledge that you won't get any closer to the guests you'll be fine. It's an amazing experience IMO. *g*

Thanks guys.

Great to hear about the cons from different peoples perspectives.

Sorry, don't even know if that came out right :D

You know what I mean :YAHOO:

I get you Rhianydd, and if you want to crew, the best people to talk to are the crew and also, those who did it but didn't enjoy it. Balanced views as it were. But generally, as long as (as TT said) you go in with the right attitude - that it's going to be hard work (you will feel your feet like you never have before!) and the knowledge that you won't get any closer to the guests you'll be fine. It's an amazing experience IMO. *g*

Yeah, balanced views is good!

we are used to doing wedding fayres with thousands of people and on your feet handing out flyers and fielding queries all day with your polite smile plastered onto your face :wub:

I hope to be one of the ones that absolutely loves the whole experience and wants to be there all the time :D

I found myself wanting to help out at the Twi proms, prefer to be busy anyway :D

It is really nice having so many friendly people on here making me feel welcome, and haven't even done anything yet! :D I think that gives me a taste of what is to come

(Don't like marmite though! :P )

Off to finish watching the two towers :P

• Moderators

Just reminding people that the dead line is THIS Sunday (4th Oct).

Hey ya, did not get a crew email, can i still get sent one if i sent it right back 2day.

Lauracourt_99@yahoo.com - Have Crewed Before x

Thanks x

I've forwarded the email to you, I hope it helps :(

• Showmasters Admin

Hey ya, did not get a crew email, can i still get sent one if i sent it right back 2day.

Thanks x

I've forwarded the email to you, I hope it helps :headscratch:

Thanks Claire.

• Moderators

Thanks x

I've forwarded the email to you, I hope it helps :dance:

Thanks Claire.

No prob Stuart :uhoh: