we love ruby? we love ruby not?

bl00djunkie

No.

I knew ruby had an end game and when she seduced sam into drinking demon blood it screamed all kinds of hell no's. I did howevere like the actress who played ruby in season 3. She was pretty and witty but in season 4 that didnt transend the actress change. She was annoying, weak and irrating.

I simply found bl;ack haired ruby manipulative and evil

No.

I knew ruby had an end game and when she seduced sam into drinking demon blood it screamed all kinds of hell no's. I did howevere like the actress who played ruby in season 3. She was pretty and witty but in season 4 that didnt transend the actress change. She was annoying, weak and irrating.

we had this convo on monday night and thats exactly what we said, season 3 ruby was a really good character but the lass that played her in season 4 just didn't get the idea that she was the SAME person as in season 3 just in a dif body.

it just anoyed me a lot

No.

we had this convo on monday night and thats exactly what we said, season 3 ruby was a really good character but the lass that played her in season 4 just didn't get the idea that she was the SAME person as in season 3 just in a dif body.

it just anoyed me a lot

Exactly they didn't act like the same person at all and I prefered Katie's versio of Ruby more.

At least when Sam was taken over by Meg you could believe in Jared's impersonation of Meg.

Even though I was pretty sure all the way through that Ruby was bad, I loved her character. Although, as people have said, I much preferred her character in season 3 when she was played by Katie Cassidy and lost a bit of interest in her in season 4.

Edited by Laurenx

• 2 weeks later...

I much preferred Ruby in season 3. But then... by the time she was getting sam to everything he did... im not sure we were supposed to like her.

I dont miss her though. Either of them. I want the loveable sammy from seasons 1 and 2 back! and i blame ruby for not having him!

=x=

No.

Totally agreed, if Katie Cassidy had still been playing her I might have had a bit more sympathy. She just annoyed me in season 4.

yeah I feel exactly the same I loved the charactor Ruby in season 3 but then in season I just found everything about her annoying. as soon as she came into it I thought she was bad news but I loved that whole not sure whats gonna happen can you trust her cant you trust her but then in season 4 it just lost the funness in all that and I really wasnt impressed with the new way Ruby was cuz like whats been said with the actress change alot of Ruby's great qualities were missed out

I dont miss her though. Either of them. I want the loveable sammy from seasons 1 and 2 back! and i blame ruby for not having him!

Totally agree! I just adore the Sam from S1+2....although it is very exciting when he does his "I'm a bad boy" face in S4!!

Much prefer Katie playing Ruby.

xxxx

• 4 weeks later...

I am so pleased it's not just me and the bf that didn't like brunette ruby - maybe it's something about the doe eyes and rubber lips that offend people?? haha sorry being mean, I'm sure she's lovely and all just wasn't impressed and she was very annoying, less evil more I don't know, annoying little sister who manipulates you into getting cookies.........if cookies were the ruler of the underworld..... and your sister made you drink demon blood to get them lol

Blonde Ruby ftw!

Oh and Katie Cassidy was good in Harper's Island as well :P

:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

I personally loved Genevieve as Ruby - I thought she played the hell out of what she was given, but Katie Cassidy's Ruby was just written to be a lot more fun. I think Genevieve is gorgeous - she and Selma Blair are my biggest girl crushes - they look kind of similar.

Edited by timpe

• Moderators

Having now actually seen all of s3 (ok, so I watched from 3x01 to 4x02 just over this weekend...) I think I do have to say I prefer s3 Ruby to what I've seen of s4 Ruby (have now seen 4x01-02 and 18-22). She was just a lot sassier. In s4 she only seems to have 1 aim, which she was hinting at at the end of s3 but it didn't seem to be her be all and end all.

'I'm a DEMON. Manipulative is sort of in the job description.'

• 3 months later...

Although I thought Dark (haired) Ruby had better on screen chemistry with Sam (and now I know why lol), me & my bf both prefer Original Ruby, I don't know about anyone else, but I kinda liked how she kept you guessing right to the end, part of you wants to think she's trying to help Sam (even if for her own purposes) but I wasn't surprised by the outcome tbh!