latest Guest Announcement - Robert O'Reilly & JG Hertzler

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

J.G. Hertzler & Robert O'Reilly did a Klingon photoshoot at Fedon 2007 and I had the pleasure of being there. On this occasion, J.G. was wearing the origonal "Martok" costume and Robert was wearing the origonal "Chancellors robe". They did a stage show with fans in costume at the back of the stage. This was then followed by the photo shoot.

If you are thinking of getting a photoshoot, I recommend getting a ticket well in advance as there was a huge queue.

:thumbup: This is a photo I will treasure. :thumbup:

2007FEDCON.jpg

Edited by House of K'Bragh

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know when these photoshoots will become available?
Freaky - I was just going to pose the same question!

I may even dig out my TNG costume for this. Wait...I got that 15 years ago...an increase in my body mass may prevent that.

Its not that your body mass is getting bigger, its that the costumes shrink in storage..... well, that is my excuse!

Its not that your body mass is getting bigger, its that the costumes shrink in storage..... well, that is my excuse!
Something that I had not considered. I like it :thumbup: .

As for more recent clothing....well chocolate bars are smaller than they used to be years ago so it can be assumed that clothes are also made smaller!

• 2 weeks later...

J.G. Hertzler & Robert O'Reilly did a Klingon photoshoot at Fedon 2007 and I had the pleasure of being there. On this occasion, J.G. was wearing the origonal "Martok" costume and Robert was wearing the origonal "Chancellors robe". They did a stage show with fans in costume at the back of the stage. This was then followed by the photo shoot.

If you are thinking of getting a photoshoot, I recommend getting a ticket well in advance as there was a huge queue.

:P This is a photo I will treasure. :pyth:

2007FEDCON.jpg

That's a wonderful photo. You fit right in, I must say. :dance:

• 1 month later...

:( This is a photo I will treasure. :D

2007FEDCON.jpg

That's a wonderful photo. You fit right in, I must say. :D

I can't wait for collectormania now.. is it May yet?

Dos anyone know if tickets for this are prebookable because I just looked on the photoshoot page and these two actors are not mentioned. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious, lol

:P This is a photo I will treasure. :D

2007FEDCON.jpg

That's a wonderful photo. You fit right in, I must say. :D

I can't wait for collectormania now.. is it May yet?

Dos anyone know if tickets for this are prebookable because I just looked on the photoshoot page and these two actors are not mentioned. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious, lol

You need to go to the online store, click on 'Collectormania 16' and then find the second lot of tickets. You can order a ticket for the Martok/Gowron photo shoot for the Sunday there.

What an awesome picture House of K'Bragh!

I am SO excited about meeting Robert O'Reilly and J.G. Hertzler, I have only heard great things about these guys both at conventions and professionally.

So tempted to buy a photoshoot... and wear my Star Trek uniform LOL.

Only thing I'mnot happy about is having to buy two tickets if I want my husband in the pic with me. I only want one pic, I dont feel I should have to buy two of them and end up with an unwanted duplicate.. and at £40 each its not cheap.

don't get me wrong, £40 is reasonable for two actors... I'm not complaining about the price and I do understand why its done the way it is... but as a married couple it would have been nice to have one photo with both of us in it without having to pay £80 for two identical pics.

don't get me wrong, £40 is reasonable for two actors... I'm not complaining about the price and I do understand why its done the way it is... but as a married couple it would have been nice to have one photo with both of us in it without having to pay £80 for two identical pics.

You're not getting two prints of the same shot, two different photos will be taken. So you can use the second shot for a funny pose or something.

ok, the prints wont be identical but two photos is unnecessary and expensive. Being a long time fan of the two actors in question, I'd have loved my husband to be in the pic with us... thats not going to be possible unfortunately.. I'm sure theres lots of rich people who can afford £80 for two extremely similar pics, I'm not one of them and I was just saying it would be nice if it was an option to have two people in just one pic... its no more time or effort for the actors or the photographer after all.

And yes, I'm aware alot of people would get into groups of friends, buy ONE pic and then get cheap copies of it. But if you are a married (or not married for that matter) couple, maybe with kids who'd like to be in the pic as well, it gets VERY VERY expensive very quickly.

Edit: just had a thought a moment after hitting post... maybe showmasters could in the future, introduce a family rate or group rate of some sort...

Edited by Kehlan

• Moderators

And yes, I'm aware alot of people would get into groups of friends, buy ONE pic and then get cheap copies of it. But if you are a married (or not married for that matter) couple, maybe with kids who'd like to be in the pic as well, it gets VERY VERY expensive very quickly.

The problem is exactly as you've stated - no one is going to be very happy if married couples are getting preferential treatment are they? It's just not reasonable, and I don't think people would agree that you should get a cheaper rate just because you want photos together.

At least this way everyone is treated equally, which I believe is the best way to manage it.

There's a similar situation for talks. Say there's one at 10.40 and one immediately afterwards at 11.20, and you intend to see both. The system means you have to leave after the first talk and join the back of the queue that has been forming for the last hour, just to go back into the same area. Odds are that you will be at the back of the talk area second time round, so why can't you just sit there ?

Well on the other hand, why should you not have to queue for the second talk, and probably nab as good a seat as possible in the switch over.

With this, as with multi-attendee photoshoots, there is no win/win situation. It's unfortunate that you fall on the "penalised" side (if that's even the right word) but someone has to.

I'm just saying theres room for improvement.. (you shouldnt have to show a marriage certificate after all)... there must be lots of families or couples who would like ONE group photo and can't afford to pay lets say £160 to have mum dad and two kids in it... maybe an option to do something along the lines of £40 for the first person and then an extra £10 each for more people.. that compensates the photographer and showmasters for the extra few seconds of effort to arrange an extra person in the pic and still makes it affordable for families...Obviously not going to happen this time but maybe its somethign Showmasters could think about for the future. Other event organisers manage it after all - I've got plenty of very good pics on my wall to prove that.

Anyway, I suppose its a bit off topic to the subject of the thread. I am still glad that my two favourite Klingons are going to be there and look forward to meting them again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...