Vampire Diaries Convention

warriorqueenlou

• Moderators

Yeah, it did really well actually. I quite liked it, wasn't overly teeny, and had a good atmosphere to it. Some fairly creepy moments, and the characters were good.

If it maintains an audience, and launches well here in the UK (not til 2010 though I don't think) then it's the sort of show that could work well in a con environment.

hmmm. Im not too sure on this one yet. I watched the forst episode but i wasnt overly hooked. None of the characters has a particularly great pull. I thought Ian did great as the bad ass though. He was waaaay better than i thought he was going ot be.

But i will give it a chance. I'll certainly watch a few more episodes to see how it goes. I think at the minute the only person of interest is Ian and thats mostly becasue of lost.

=x=

• Moderators

I know what you mean about not being gripped, though there was a couple of intriguing things going on, and the characters weren't too bad.

I guess it's hard to flesh out everything in a pilot episode. Arguably even Supernatural took a while to really get going, even though the pilot was more interesting. Their first season was very monster-of-the-week and homages to existing horrors etc.

But now we're getting fantastic series like Supernatural and True Blood etc, it's hard to watch a pilot of a new show because they're bound to be less gripping.

Right now, Vampire Diaries seems a fairly middle-of-the-road harmless show. I have no idea of the potential from the books etc, though I don't think it's sticking too close to them anyway. I hope they do get to go somewhere deeper, as being on The CW doesn't mean they can't - Supernatural does all the time, even 90210 has had some really dark moments.

I know what you mean about not being gripped, though there was a couple of intriguing things going on, and the characters weren't too bad.

I guess it's hard to flesh out everything in a pilot episode. Arguably even Supernatural took a while to really get going, even though the pilot was more interesting. Their first season was very monster-of-the-week and homages to existing horrors etc.

But now we're getting fantastic series like Supernatural and True Blood etc, it's hard to watch a pilot of a new show because they're bound to be less gripping.

Right now, Vampire Diaries seems a fairly middle-of-the-road harmless show. I have no idea of the potential from the books etc, though I don't think it's sticking too close to them anyway. I hope they do get to go somewhere deeper, as being on The CW doesn't mean they can't - Supernatural does all the time, even 90210 has had some really dark moments.

Well said david!!!

im rewatching seaosn one of supernatural at the minute and its amazing how different it is now. How much its evolved. It would be unfair to judge the vampire diaries just yet. I'll keep watching for sure.

Im not sure a con would work though. Unless they start getting some kick ass guest stars and some more really cool characters. Because at the minute i dont know anyone other than Ian. *shrug*

=x=

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right so with VD starting in the uk in Jan on Itv I think we should get a convention or at least have the guest come over for the film and comic con or another event I would love to meet them plus ian somerhalder has already been over to a showmasters event before with the lost cast I'm sure he'd love to come back!