John Barrowman in La Cage

lizzy88

• Moderators

I ended up not being able to go tonight :chair: so you'll have to tell me all about how awesome it was :chair:

It was truly truly awesome. They only minorly messed up a couple lines (not bad for their first night, especially considering we saw Simon Burke in Costa an hour before the show with the script open and muttering under his breath) although one time they were both having trouble keeping a straight face. *giggles*

Very funny, and it took me pretty much the whole interval to recover from 'I am what I am'. Seriously.

I do have a few pictures of Simon and John (and Gabriel Vick and Iain Mitchell) from the stage door, will get them off my camera when I get home from work.

I can't wait to go back next week!

ETA: Just realised how I should have described it: Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!

Editing again with a few pics from the stage door of John and Simon

LaCageStageDoor14Sep2009007-small.jpg

R_LaCageStageDoor14Sep2009012.jpg

LaCageStageDoor14Sep2009013-small.jpg

Edited by etmuse

I would say good luck but it's now Saturday lol! I trust it was just as good this time as the first?

I've just booked to see him on the 28th November - figured as I was in london for Collectormania anyway, I may aswell book again to make up for not seeing him on the 15th! Managed to get front row in the Dress Circle, so I'm very pleased!

What are the cabaret tables like? I'm on one of those when I go on the 12th November.

• Moderators

I considered a seat at a table when I next go (6th October) cos there was one available, but decided I wasn't brave enough to do that on my own, so am in row B of the stalls instead.

Short report and more stage door photos from last night are at my livejournal here.

• Moderators

where do u suggest i go to finding tickets for the show - the actual website of la cage or discount ticket websites? Any help would be appreciated lol

I've bought all of mine from either their website or the box office over the phone - don't know how much of a saving you'd actually get on discount sites.

• 2 weeks later...

etmuse - your stoy and your pictures are fantastic. I would add you on lj but I hardly use mine, lol

I'm now going on Friday (the 9th) as I wanted to see what it's like before I was on a table. I'm used to going to stuff on my own, but I wanted to make sure I knew what I had booked myself for before I went lol. I'm going to see the Phantom of the Opera on Wednesday too so i'm having a theatre week :D

And I've only ever bought theatre tickets off of the official theatre website, seetickets or ticketmaster. I would never trust anywhere else after having seen people with fake tickets try to take the seats next to me from other customers. I wouldn't risk that, no matter the discount. Although I find seetickets and ticketmaster charge more, and don't have as good seats listed. But, in the end, it's personal choice. Personally, I'd never risk buying form anywhere other than a tried and tested site.

• Moderators

I generally buy from whatever ticket agent runs the box office for that show, although I've also had some good bargains from DiscountLondonTheatre (they're not always cheap, but when they have deals on they can be good). Bought stuff on the day from tkts in Leicester Square too, a couple times.

Before this year, I would never have imagined going to stuff on my own. Then I went to Oliver on my own in January, loved it... and haven't stopped since! Cabaret table alone was just a bit too much to face though.

Tomorrow night will actually be the only time I see La Cage on my own (other 4 times are/were all with friends)

• 4 weeks later...

Aww i loved it. My boyfriend and I were sat at a table and he got quite a bit of attention from the lads.

One of them waved at my boyfriend and then another one rustled his hair and messed with his cheeks. lol.

was hilarious!!!

will upload pics soon!