i may get shot down in flames here but.....

michaelrc123

I would like to ask showmasters why there appears to have been a virtual blanket on no photos at all? i wasnt able to make it today or yesterday due to illness but am suprised at posts here about no photos.

i agree that sometimes the guests may not want them but surely it would be more fan friendly if people could take pics from queues without flashes etc, if showmasters want to make money from photos over the table why dont they just give people the option of paying an extra fiver for a photo? just an idea.

i am a seasoned attendee as you will probably guess from my previous postings, so im a bit bemused, as we all know that people like the EXPERIENCE of getting the sigs and a photographic record to take away from the show.

thoughts anyone?

Mike

I would like to ask showmasters why there appears to have been a virtual blanket on no photos at all? i wasnt able to make it today or yesterday due to illness but am suprised at posts here about no photos.

i agree that sometimes the guests may not want them but surely it would be more fan friendly if people could take pics from queues without flashes etc, if showmasters want to make money from photos over the table why dont they just give people the option of paying an extra fiver for a photo? just an idea.

i am a seasoned attendee as you will probably guess from my previous postings, so im a bit bemused, as we all know that people like the EXPERIENCE of getting the sigs and a photographic record to take away from the show.

thoughts anyone?

Mike

For what it's worth, apart from General Stafford and Ursula Andress (both explained elsewhere) I wasn't aware of anyone else not having photos taken with. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to who you are talking about?

i was getting that impression from others that photos were not allowed. surely it would make more sense if showmasters know before the show about photo restrictions at the table that these could be posted beforehand on the website or forum so everyone knows wher they are in regards to photos.

just an idea

i was getting that impression from others that photos were not allowed. surely it would make more sense if showmasters know before the show about photo restrictions at the table that these could be posted beforehand on the website or forum so everyone knows wher they are in regards to photos.

just an idea

There were signs up next to General Stafford and Ursula saying "no photos". I didn't see a sign up next to anyone else and, while sitting in the signing area all day Saturday with a couple of the guests, didn't see any problems with anyone else having photos done. Of course if anyone who was there wants to correct me please feel free to do so.

Tom Stafford had a sign stating 'no photos', so I respected that ruling, only to find others on here did in fact take photos of him signing their stuff.

So does 'no photos' actually mean...'some photos'? I'm pretty miffed about this, because I would have loved a photo of Tom signing my book, but refrained from asking because of the bleedin' 'no photos sign'!

If the sign meant no POSED photos, why didn't if say so?

Sheesh!

Considerably narked off! :D

Edited by swan

i do agree with alot of posts about this, i was serverly annoyed about Ursula Andress no photos sign, everyone near enough didnt take photos, but there was this one lady in front of me, who got her camera out in the queue and was taking flashing images!! then when i thought she had stopped, she waited until Ursula looked up at her when she was meeting her, and took a flash photo and ursula posed for one!!! I got soooo hacked off!!!!!!!!

waited until Ursula looked up at her when she was meeting her, and took a flash photo and ursula posed for one!!! I got soooo hacked off!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain... there are us law abiding souls who stick to the rules, then there are those who abuse them and get away with it. Doesn't it just make you sick!

Hi Swan,

After reading this posting and the others I would agree with you 'So does 'no photos' actually mean ....'some photo'?' I noticed the sign (when queuing for Tom Stafford) and well, deep down I can't take no for a answer and chanced my arm and asked the security guy. He was very pleasent and explained it was ok to take a couple of Tom signing but no posing behind the desk as Tom would be up and down like a yo-yo! I thanked him and when it was my turn I took just two pics and he and his minder were A-OK about it. When I left the desk I thanked them and the security guy. They have a tough job and its always best to stay on there side.

I would add the signs where a bit pathetic, as if they had been printed out quickly on a computer/printer and stuck up with blu-tak with out a thought for grammer (says me...) and postion.

Q. How does one post pictures? I have two of Tom that may be of interest...

Regards and bests

von Dawson's Express

Tom Stafford had a sign stating 'no photos', so I respected that ruling, only to find others on here did in fact take photos of him signing their stuff.

So does 'no photos' actually mean...'some photos'? I'm pretty miffed about this, because I would have loved a photo of Tom signing my book, but refrained from asking because of the bleedin' 'no photos sign'!

If the sign meant no POSED photos, why didn't if say so?

Sheesh!

Considerably narked off! :blink:

Now wish I hadd asked the security man if I could take a quick without flash of Tom signing my book.

Ah well...

Q. How does one post pictures? I have two of Tom that may be of interest...

How to post pictures? You need a photo hosting site, for example Photobucket and then link the photos from there. It doesn't cost anything to open a photobucket account.

Swan

The chairs around the room were most helpful. They also allowed you to observe what was happening.

I still have no idea what was acceptable and what wasn’t!.

There were people with I-phones pointing it directly in front of Ursula’s face, and nobody stopping them, then the same ‘staff’ marching halfway across the room to stop some guy taking a photograph without flash.

The same was happening with General Stafford, some people were standing behind him and having pictures taken, some people were taking pictures of him signing their photographs [some even with flash!], then other people were asking the Showmasters staff and getting directed to the sign.

It wasn’t well executed, whatever the plan was.