uninspiring day

malc75

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I booked Keith Floyd for an event and sold out up in Wolverhampton but he fell ill and had to cancel...

Sadly Keith's death was announced this morning.

I thought he looked frail on "Keith Meets Keith" last night on C4 (although the character was still there), but this is a bit of a shock. Shame, I thought he was a decent bloke.

Hello Stuart,

thanks for your clarification because of taking photos with the guests.

For me,it`s important as well,to posing for a photo with the guest after I purchased an autograph.It´s a really nice memory for me and important like the autograph. I know,a photo at the desk is not included on the price of an autograph. But if you buy one (or make an donation as in the autograph of General Tom Stafford),I think,the buyer can expect from the guest (and most of the guests do it) to pose for a photo with the buyer (or donator).

Because photos with the guests are important for me,I appreciate the opportunity for Photo Shoots. On this way,I can pose certainly with my favourite guests for memory photos.

Anyway, I hope,most of the guests will posing at the desk like in the past time as I visited Autographica in London. For me, autograph+photo,belongs together.Because of them,I love this show.

Best from Germany,

Helmut

This is the issue we have.

There are 2 reasons why no photo or no posed photo signs are put up.

1: For reasons of speed. At a show like LFCC where in some cases we need to get 1000+ people through a queue in a day, because a guests fee is so large we need to do this number or have to charge more then normal .

2: At the guests quest.

In this case for whatever reason...

I don't feel pretty today.

I don't like the flash.

I don't feel well.

I don't want picture's of me signing going up on the web.

There are a 1001 reasons why a guest may ask not to have photos taken of them.

When they do ask this we put up the signs and we ask people not to take photos. WE enforce the request of the guest. Some people either miss or ignore the signs and ask anyway. It this situation if the crew member can, they will be the bad guy and say no for the guest. That's what we are there for. We are there to be the bad guy for the guest. They don't want to have to say no and look bad so we do it for them. Our crew are not there on a power trip, they are doing their job, which is to enforce the rules of the show and the requests of the guest. You may not like those rule or requests but that doesn't make the crew member or Showmasters evil for enforcing them.

In some cases the request gets past the crew member and the guest out of politness says yes. There is nothing we can do once the guest themselves has said yes.

But sometimes we have the situation (which happened this weekend) where the guest themselves legitimately changes their minds. First thing is the morning they say no photos at all and then in the afternoon once it gets quiet and they've had a good day they then agree to it. We then info the attendees of this and allow it. I understand that it's annoying if you bought your autograph when the guest didn't want photos, but what we can't have is a long line of people JUST wanting a photo because they didn't get one earlier.

Sometimes it can change so quickly we don't have time to change the signage. They agree to photos, but then after a couple they don't like a flashes (or what ever) and we're back to no photos.

At the end of the day they are their to sign autographs and not have photos taken of them. I understand people like proof or whatever. But they are people and do have the right to say what they do and don't want. We are only enforcing that wish.

Stuart.

Can't say am surprised that a loss was amde as wasnt anywhere near as amany plp as last time but then again regardless of who you had attending it would still have been a tough act to follow Borgnine,Kennedy,Rooney and Collins.

I got there just after 11am after taking couple photos of the lake area. So bout 11:20 i was on the phone saying that i could've gone in get Fox,Wallace and Moss autos then out by noon. Instead i basically dossed about having good look through the stores but only thing fancied was well out my price range (gonna have hope the bloke has it at nxt event).

By time went get the autos the 3 of them were away having cup tea or food so decided to attend the fighter pilot talk as had thought bout it before hand and found it extremly intresting and enjoyed it so much that afterwards i went and got 3 of the 4 autos (Neil,Wellum and Ayerst. Totally forgotten who missed out :( ) also asked Wellum and Neil on their opinion's concerning Leigh-Mallory's big wing theory-"absolute rubbish" being Neil's answer.

Afterwards went got Wallace who had good chat with, thanks mainly to me being a geordie and her loving the accent, so had good talk bout some the british horror films as she mentioned her father was in the quatermass and the pit and am doing me uni dissertation on british horror. Then went and met Moss where it was short and Sweet before going to Fox who was the main reason i'd come down for. Good ol chat with him and asked few questions bout films in general and discovered that his fathers Colonel came/lived in Ormskirk, great guest and pleasure to meet him.

So was done and dusted by 3pm and nipped through birmingham for bit till getting train bk at 1920 and arrived bhk at digs just after 10pm. So overall-a very long day (got woken up at 6) but enjoyable day out.

For nxt event wouldn't mind seeing more millitery guests if possible (espes the fighter pilot from the talk who's autograph i missed out) and how bout a group photshoot for them as well?

ps was good to see that some the brylecreem boys hadn't lost their touch with the women as several of them went up to Ursula had their photos taken with her and she even enquired into their medels