Why pointless guests

Come on Showmasters, all you are giving us is pointless guests right now. The shows years back where so much better than this with an equal share of guests from different genres. How about getting some new guests for once instead of the same old horror guests and fantasy and scifi.

What's pointless is posts like the above. You can't expect every event to have a line-up of guests that are tailored to your taste - none of us can. So why complain - just don't attend this event. It's quite simple. The last event I went to I only got two autos so only came for one morning, but for this particular one I have a huge list of guests I want to meet so will probably end up doing the whole weekend. That's just the way it goes.

Come on Showmasters, all you are giving us is pointless guests right now. The shows years back where so much better than this with an equal share of guests from different genres. How about getting some new guests for once instead of the same old horror guests and fantasy and scifi.

What's pointless is posts like the above. You can't expect every event to have a line-up of guests that are tailored to your taste - none of us can. So why complain - just don't attend this event. It's quite simple. The last event I went to I only got two autos so only came for one morning, but for this particular one I have a huge list of guests I want to meet so will probably end up doing the whole weekend. That's just the way it goes.

Hear Hear, I've went to C15 and LFCC and got about 2 guests at each event, But at CM: London I'm so far got about 4 guests( poss 5 ) that I plan on meeting.

If there was no guests that I wanted at CM London, then I would'nt go, nor would I complain about it on the forums. No one is forcing you to attend the events.

It's just one of those things in the hobby we all have.

I have seen star wars auto collectors who literally have the autograph of the girl who made the tea. So casting drector is pretty important to them.

Yes and if they get posters signed thats x3 for starters. I can easily imagine some people getting 10 items.

She's more than welcome to sign my book. I wouldn't make the trip especially though ;)

• Moderators

I think these kinds of guests are good to get along if there's associated guests in the lineup. I don't think many would travel just for these, but when there's a few grouped together then it's often worth it.

To me, it'd be fascinating to talk to someone like a casting director, or listen to a talk. I wouldn't be as interested in an autograph, but there's so much to hear about the involvement in a hugely important group of movies.

I agree it's frustrating waiting for a guest announcement they are holding back, but I equally agree that not all tastes can be met.

If we all had similar tastes it would be pointless even going because everyone would be in one queue or fighting for a virtual ticket because they can only sign so many. I want to see JRD, I've met him, I have his auto, if I have the money I will get a photo session because I'm hoping that by the time Nov comes around not many people will recognise me cause ive lost weight.

I also want to meet AMH but I know that is going to be complete madness! Bring back Thomas, Lawrence and Sala! lol x

I agree it's frustrating waiting for a guest announcement they are holding back, but I equally agree that not all tastes can be met.

If we all had similar tastes it would be pointless even going because everyone would be in one queue or fighting for a virtual ticket because they can only sign so many. I want to see JRD, I've met him, I have his auto, if I have the money I will get a photo session because I'm hoping that by the time Nov comes around not many people will recognise me cause ive lost weight.

I also want to meet AMH but I know that is going to be complete madness! Bring back Thomas, Lawrence and Sala! lol x

I would love to meet Rene Auberjonois, Anthony Michael Hall and Heather Lagenkamp !. However, i've only seen Rene in Police Academy 5, he was hilarious in that !, and i've only seen Heather in the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie, so i could only talk about one thing with them, lol unless of course i see some more of their work before then.However, i have seen afew things that Anthony Michael Hall has been in, such as Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast club, Weird Science and Edward Scissorhands.By the way, would he be expected to be called Anthony, as that is the name he is credited as in his films, or Michael, which is his birth name ?. I read on his boigraphy that he switched his first and middle names around because there was already an actor called Michael Hall. I'm assuming he will want people to call him Michael as that is his real name.

I would love to meet Rene Auberjonois, Anthony Michael Hall and Heather Lagenkamp !. However, i've only seen Rene in Police Academy 5, he was hilarious in that !, and i've only seen Heather in the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie, so i could only talk about one thing with them, lol unless of course i see some more of their work before then.However, i have seen afew things that Anthony Michael Hall has been in, such as Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast club, Weird Science and Edward Scissorhands.By the way, would he be expected to be called Anthony, as that is the name he is credited as in his films, or Michael, which is his birth name ?. I read on his boigraphy that he switched his first and middle names around because there was already an actor called Michael Hall. I'm assuming he will want people to call him Michael as that is his real name.

check out rene in the movie the patriot with mel gibson, he is good in that and brilliant as odo in deep space 9