Why pointless guests

• Showmasters Admin

That's YOUR opinion.

I think this show has a brilliant line up...

Shannen Doeherty - Not done a UK signing as far as I'm aware.

Brian Krause - The same

Misha Collins - His first UK signing event (yes I know he's been to a weekend con here)

Anthony Hall - New.

Bronson Pelletier - New

Montserrat Lambard - New

Catherine Mary Stewart - New

Cynthia Scott - New

Martin Klebba - New

Louis Cordice - New

None of the above have been to an SM event and as far as I'm aware haven't been to a signing event in the UK before.

I don't see how you can say these are "pointless guests" and "How about getting some new guests for once", how many more NEW guests do you expect?

I'm sorry there isn't a whole heap of cool new horror guests but that's the way it is. You know this, Collectormanias have never been horror heavy, and posting that the current line up is "pointless" isn't going to change that.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

As you know, not every guest can be an A lister.

Jason tries to get a selection of interesting guests that will appeal to a wide range of people. That sometimes means a guest makes no sense to you, but doesn't mean to someone else it's a really good announcement.

I'm sure there are many a horror director that most of our forum members would be "Who, what, why!", but you'd find it the best announcement of the show. It's horses for courses and always will be.

I love the fact that these cons have a whole variety of guests - there is always something for everyone. The con always covers a variety of shows, films, and comics as well.

We can't have A listers everytime, but I've never been disappointed by that. The line-up we have for this con is, in my opinion, excellent.

Even though there are some guests that I am not interested in I know that loads of other people would disagree and perhaps not like the guests that I'm interested in meeting. Its all about personal tastes, and I think this event is shaping up brilliantly.

I understand that the first guests announced are great guests. But the ones being announced now not so good like the casting director of star wars.

IMHO a casting director is an amazing guest. They are really have a massive impact on how characters as we know them - if it wasn't for this lady then Star Wars would not be exactly as we know it - could you imagine an Obi Wan that wasn't Alec Guiness? I am very much looking forward to meeting her and if I have time then discussing casting choices, any alternatives, any particular method or insight to choosing an actor for a role.

I am really hoping she does a talk.

And this is coming from a massive Horror fan - yes I'd like to see many more horror guests, as I end up saying for almost every con, but gems like this are well worth going for and certainly not as you put it "pointless".

Come on Showmasters, all you are giving us is pointless guests right now. The shows years back where so much better than this with an equal share of guests from different genres. How about getting some new guests for once instead of the same old horror guests and fantasy and scifi.

Yeah there may be a few guests most people aren't keen on but then some are. It's called diversity meaning there's something for everyone otherwise we'll end up with seperate conventions for seperate shows. With only certain actors etc. Just enjoy what you want to enjoy and ignore what you don't.

could you imagine an Obi Wan that wasn't Alec Guiness?

Yep! His name is Ewan McGregor ^_^

Lol see I don't recognise I, II and III as actually being Star Wars, but rather Star Wars themed movies. They hurt too much to watch otherwise lol.

Still, Alec Guiness was the one true Obi Wan, but at least Ewan McGregor made for a very suitable eye candy Obi Wan...

Lol see I don't recognise I, II and III as actually being Star Wars, but rather Star Wars themed movies. They hurt too much to watch otherwise lol.

Still, Alec Guiness was the one true Obi Wan, but at least Ewan McGregor made for a very suitable eye candy Obi Wan...

Agreed... but in the first, that mullet was too off putting!!

Agreed... but in the first, that mullet was too off putting!!

Hah yeah mullets are not the best look for any man, not even Ewan McGregor... Or woman for that matter, they really ought to be banned outright. Like any more Star Wars prequels and spin-offs lol

I have to say that I think this is actually one of the best Collectormanias so far...

There is a list of people I want to meet this time.

I don't know where i will get the money from. Haha! :(

So far i want to meet:

Anthony Michael Hall

Irvin Kirshner

Billy Dee Williams

Katherine Isabelle

John Saxon

Doug Bradley

Robert Englund (again)

I am gong to be soooooooooo broke.

But a very good line up so far!

It can only get better.

:WINCE:

pointless guests? thats a bit unfair, a great event for you others might think is pointless or not that good.

personally im not blown away yet, there isnt really anyone im getting excited about, maybe billy dee but thats it and thats only my opinion, the comic and sports guests so far hold no interest for me as dont the supernatural or twilight ones but there all still interesting guests including those im not interested in at all, but im sure others are wetting them selfs at the prospect of meeting them. i thought the lfcc guests were brilliant others might disagree with me. thats how it goes. and the announcements are not finished yet, so hold ya horses.

so far this one is looking more of a collectors one than a big names one but thats cool, like I said they are all interesting guests with a few well known names, i mean shannon is known by most ppl, even me and the only thing ive really seen her in was mallrats. so she is on my maybe list, depends who else gets announced, funds are tight lol, if they were not id meet most of the guests, but they are so only those im really interested in and really like are the ones ill meet.

hoping for more doctor who, sg1, xfiles, star trek, TW names ;-) and or someone big like kiefer from 24 or jennifer anniston from friends, but a man can dream lol

The only pointless thing about CM:L is the waiting to announce the 'American Guest'. It's not as if we're gonna assemble around their table like the mob in Frankenstein with pitchforks and flaming torches. Surely enough of the hysteria surrounding the original announcement thread has abated to allow SM to announce. Unless it's coming one page at a time I'm guessing that the contract has now arrived so why wait? Unless there's something up with the guest's appearance. I know we're still over 2 months away but some of us have to plan well in advance for trips like this.

I think is a brilliant line up, especially as it is still a while away. Anyway there is no such thing as a pointless guest, it's all a matter of opinion - just because you don't like them doesn't make them pointless.

Sooo looking forward to this show, if these are all pointless guests keep them rolling as I love them. :o

I wish more organisers would bring over guests like your idea of a 'pointless guest'.... I usually find the 'behind the scene's' type people are more interesting to talk to/listen to that the actors themselves!!

(sadly I don't care about star wars so this 'pointless guest' is a little 'pointless' to me personally, but I'm sure a LOT of people can't wait to meet her!)