Any chance of ...

Lostmaniac

As Universe won't have even aired over here by the time of the convention, and only a few episodes will have aired in America, I find it quite odd that people would even want guests from that series at a Stargate convention. We'll not have seen them in their Stargate roles so to me it seems a bit pointless to have them at a convention dedicated to Stargate at this time.

As Universe won't have even aired over here by the time of the convention, and only a few episodes will have aired in America, I find it quite odd that people would even want guests from that series at a Stargate convention. We'll not have seen them in their Stargate roles so to me it seems a bit pointless to have them at a convention dedicated to Stargate at this time.

It's on Sky 1 on the 7th October(I think) so we will see it before the Con

Edited by trekkiefan

It's on Sky 1 on the 7th October(I think) so we will see it before the Con

Even so, we'll have only seen a few episodes which doesn't make much of a difference. After a season or 2 I could understand having guests but not after a few episodes.

Why not? Joe was doing cons while S1 was airing.

I just find it odd that people would want to meet guests for shows they've barely even seen them in yet.

Sometimes you like a show right away. Also there's some fans who undoubtedly would be interested in meeting Universe guests just out of curiousity, and of course there will be some others who will love Universe simply because it's part of the Stargate franchise. ^_^

But I know what you mean, Christoff. I met Joe too when he, David, Rachel and Rainbow were at the second LFACC and he seemed totally amazed that so many people wanted to meet him although it had only been on for a couple of weeks at that point.

Well yes, I liked both SG-1 and Atlantis straight away and continued to like them, as I hope will be the case with Universe too.

However, for me I'm not interested in meeting anyone and everyone like I know some people are, I only really want to spend money on meeting people if I've seen them in something for a while. I know Robert Carlisle has been in other stuff as have some of the others, but at a Stargate convention I want to meet the guests because I've enjoyed watching them in Stargate.

Edited by Christoff

Why not? Joe was doing cons while S1 was airing.

I just find it odd that people would want to meet guests for shows they've barely even seen them in yet.

There are a few SGU people I would like to meet, but not because of the show but who they are.

There are a few SGU people I would like to meet, but not because of the show but who they are.

Yes I can understand that, but I can't understand them coming to a Stargate convention for that. Surely a signing event which isn't specific to any show is better for them at this time until they've done a season or two of Stargate?

• 3 weeks later...

Stargate universe airs in Uk on sky 1 on Tuesday night

Stargate universe airs in USA on syfy on a friday night

both are on now last week was double episode

usa is shown 4 dys b4 uk so not much difference how ever you watch it.