Announcing the Steampunk Zone for this years event

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

well it had to happen :D

we have been into Jules Verne for years and love Captain Nemo sense of style so we are very happy to get behind this the latest hot thing and we hope many of you will also enjoy this aspect to the show and get involved in the cosplay aspect of this and also if you have built anything you think others would like to see then do contact us as we would love to have a please were people can display there creations

this is a very new thing to most of you but we have been into it for around 5 years now and think this will be a very existing part of the show

steampunk-pew-1.jpg

steampunk-laptop.jpg

datamancer-victorian-steampunk-laptop.jpg

steampunk-frankenstein-pc-mod_1.jpg

steampunk_mouse.jpg

Steampunk_Abe_Lincoln_2008.jpgsteampunk-headset.jpg

well there is some images to get you all going

i look forward to seeing all this come to life at the event ;):D

jason :D

steampunk_guitar_1.jpgsteampunk-splash.jpg

Steampunk-Mad-Scientist-Goggles.jpg

steampunk_costume_sketch.jpg

steampunkMotorycle1.jpg

_MG_6349.JPG

I have a couple of Steampunk costumes with bits I could wear/bring. Due to the size they take up I could only bring one. Its a choice between a Victorian take on the modern soldier complete with red coat and white pith, or a Steampunk firefighter.

I vote firefighter

Not something i've even heard of - but it looks bloody cool!

Actually ..... snap ! Still not into the dressing up, but there is something very cool about the tech.

You should start dressing up and carry less posters when you remember them!

So what was everyone's first exposure to Steampunk?

I've never heard of it but it sounds like it's an offshoot of cyberpunk but instead of futuristic techno punks you get Victorian age punks. That image of Johnny Depp with those big glasses in Sleepy Hollow springs to mind.

SleeyHollow0069.jpg

Edited by nicky

It's been seen in films like Wild Wild West and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as well. The Golden Compass also featured steampunk type technology.

Steampunk has been getting more exposure here in Holland, mainly at fantasy events, and people really get into it. I know that Rhianna Pratchett (story writer for the pc games Mirror's Edge and Overlord) is a big fan.

I really like this stuff, computers with gears, contraptions that wouldn't work in a million years, except at conventions, because you can claim that it's too dangerous to show what can be done with them...

One of my fav pics:

steampunk-darth-vader-mask.JPG

Brilliant, I love steampunk! Although I wouldn't be able to pack my steampunk gear for the long flight to London, which is a shame... still, should be fantastic to see!