General chat

Road Runner

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hang on...7 weeks and a bit just had a check hehe. I refuse to take my kids to the cinema, I know fine well they wouldn't sit for any longer than half an hour. You have my deepest sympathies! Do Twilight fans scream at the screen and stuff, or at worse streak?

It's just the sheer level of noise. The rules for putting in a film where I work are that you stay for ten minutes after the film starts and do a five minute check every fifteen-twenty minutes... I'm not saying we always do that, but that's what they say...

Film logo, screaming. Easter Island head appears, screaming. Yon boy takes his shirt off and the place goes Ape s***, it's scary. You can hear it from the Foyer.

We've only had one fight over whether Edward or Jacob were the least lame. Crazy folks, you don't see me punching anyone because they prefer Tom Baker to Patrick Troughton.

Obviously they're not all like this - Vicky and her friends don't feel the need to scream like idiots.

We once had someone come in and scream because we had a sign that said "New Moon pre-order tickets not available". What? You realise you are screaming at a white bit of paper with somes Times New Roman on it?

As for kids, younger ones tend to be okay. It's when they turn 12 that they become a problem, especially if it's a boy/girl group.

Can't say I've ever seen anything like that at the cinema lol =[

Statistically I'm more likely to see it/hear it - minimum of 90 damn times I had to deal with the last film. Oddly enough, it's never the first or second showings, but after that all bets are off.

Only time I've ever heard folk SCREAM was at High School Musical 3 lol.

Are you serious???? For the love of gods why?

School holidays begin tomorrow at 1pm. 8 weeks of terror will commence....I'm officially in hell :D

They can't come soon enough for me. Ours start on Tuesday! Roll on Tuesday at 1pm!

And why are you so keen? ;)

And Turtle, you've just confirmed my suspicions that Twilight fans are bloody nutters *looks at Vicky* well for the most part :D

Edited by Ravenshayde

Okay guys - stop right there. I am usually very patient with you guys, but this is enough.

The forum rules ask to keep the language to an acceptable level. Also it says to please do not try and find ways around the autocensor. The autocensor is there for a reason.

This past page has got way beyond acceptable for both.

Consider this an official warning. We have had several complaints about this section, even on Facebook and other venues.

I don't believe I was part of this weep.gif

You guys are dragging me down with you lac.gif

Don't play the innocent card with me, young lady.

There's no card, just fact, I should go back to the Twilight section where it's safe from being tarred with your bad brush redcard.gif

Oh my! What did I miss? When you say "guys". Who are you to referring to? All of us, or just a select few?

I'm sorry if this annoys you or anything else, but it really is a sad day when all someone has to do is complain about a forum on the internet :/

We normally do not announce this on the forum, but I feel it is in order this time.

Marty and CommWhite: We have been very patient with you.

You had probably more chances than everyone else on the forum, and this although we had way more complaints about this section than about any other area. But enough is enough.

Congratulations, you made it. I have spoken to the office. After that discussion I now have removed your posting rights for now until someone is around to ban you formally.

If you try to re-register again, don't worry, you'll be banned again. It's just a matter of time until we recognize you.

We let this go way too far because everyone has been trying to give you leeway, too much leeway. In the past we did have too many people who believed that Glasgow was singled out for some reason and nobody wanted this to happen again.

Your reactions to the complaints about the pictures earlier this week have lead to severe complaints, by e-mail, MSN and even on Facebook. This was one step too far.

I did not kick you right then and there because yes, at that point I believed you were not being intentional harmful. I am really sorry I did that now, because obviously I was wrong and you just wanted to try how far you can go in the end.

If you want to be reinstated, speak to Jason. I will not discuss this call, this issue is in the hands of the office now. I have moved your last posts to the mod section, so they will have the full picture.

The warning I posted above is in place for all users who have been involved in the discussion this morning.

I apologize to every genuine user on here who had to suffer through this.

I know some on here think that we ban too soon, but I guess this was a perfect example that in fact we don't.

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

Unfortunately it was the case that we had a number of complaints from users of this forum who felt they couldn't post in here, or other sections where it was creeping into.

That and they were concerned about the younger members of this forum, of which there are several, especially since the Twilight cons took off.

When things get that serious that we're getting multiple negative feedbacks from other users, something has to be done. And as QS said, we have tried to just let everyone get on with it in this section - I myself have simply joined in with conversation etc, rather than being heavy handed, but unfortunately it went too far and Showmasters have to take the wider view into consideration.

There are other users in this section that can still contribute. We're not looking to kill this section - in fact quite the opposite. We're all sorry that it had to come to this, but Showmasters were left with no choice.

Banning three of the most prolific posters in this section isn't going to do much else, is it?

As for 'not having a choice' - there were multiple options.

Jumping from 'okay here's a warning' to, 'hey you're banned, here's why for the world to see' is cowardly. It's not confronting the issue, it's putting it in a box and hoping it goes away. You couldn't like, E-Mail and let them know you were serious?

It's obvious you're being totally selective as well - I was at it, as was that Talie girl (who took the schoolyard approach of 'the bad boys made me do it')

By joining in with conversations, you've condoned those conversations - now they weren't okay? Just cause it suits?

Edited by Turtle

• Moderators

Banning three of the most prolific posters in this section isn't going to do much else, is it?

Like I said, we've basically just let everyone get on with it for quite some time now. I was happy to let things be busy in here, and for everyone to take an active role, rather than arguing and 'telling people off' all the time which used to happen. I've certainly had a far better relationship with some people in recent times.

However the situation clearly escalated and became a bigger issue that needed to be dealt with. No one wants this section to become quieter, but there isn't such a desperate need for activity that Showmasters can just let people say or do whatever they want. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, and if this section becomes quiet as a consequence then that's disappointing but necessary.

Quoted, since you replied after my edit:

As for 'not having a choice' - there were multiple options.

Jumping from 'okay here's a warning' to, 'hey you're banned, here's why for the world to see' is cowardly. It's not confronting the issue, it's putting it in a box and hoping it goes away. You couldn't like, E-Mail and let them know you were serious?

It's obvious you're being totally selective as well - I was at it, as was that Talie girl (who took the schoolyard approach of 'the bad boys made me do it')

By joining in with conversations, you've condoned those conversations - now they weren't okay? Just cause it suits?

Thing is, you're a mod. You've decided to play Mr. nice guy and in doing so, ignored what you are here to do. The reason it's escalated is because no one was willing to do their job.

When there's a bunch of unruly kids come to my work, I have to tell them to shut up or get out. That's my job and in essence it's your job. No one was doing it.

• Moderators

Thing is, you're a mod. You've decided to play Mr. nice guy and in doing so, ignored what you are here to do. The reason it's escalated is because no one was willing to do their job.

When there's a bunch of unruly kids come to my work, I have to tell them to shut up or get out. That's my job and in essence it's your job. No one was doing it.

Yes, I'm a mod.

I did my job multiple times, which resulted in an unfortunate situation where a couple of members were reacting in a bad way and taking things in the wrong way.

We had no desire to unnecessarily ban people, and so I took a different approach. Sometimes you have to try and see what works with certain people.

I think all of the moderating team and the organisers have far better things to be doing than babysitting people 24-7 and making sure they behave. So I personally don't particularly appreciate being told that I'm not doing my job properly, and practically being blamed for this situation. That is not the case.

Why couldn't people just behave in an appropriate manner? I don't think people need that much guidance. You all have common sense. If you really have an issue, then take it up with Showmasters because this has been their call at the end of the day. Not mine. I'm only replying to you out of courtesy to be honest.

In the end, it's their call, but this has gone on for a very long time.

You didn't try and talk sense into anyone - you stated that you decided to play Mr. nice guy rather than, you know, moderating. Then you jump on their backs when someone else decides enough is enough?

You're just as much to blame for this crap as the people you've banned. At the end of the day, you are being just as stubborn as I am. None of you are even willing to admit there was another course of action that could have been taken here - the only reason you went this way is because it's less hastle.

This "Mods are not your friends" thing... it just suits you right now, doesn't it?

EDIT:

I hope my behaviour will not reflect on Vicky/Touchthesky who has nothing to do with it... not that that seems to make a difference here.

Edited by Turtle