Eternal Twilight 3 and 4

showmasters

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wouldn't worry too much, given that there are a number of events due to be on sale within the next few months I highly doubt they'd sell out at ET2 alone (could be wrong).

As well as that, and this is just my personal thoughts... if ET3 does happen to sell out at ET2 then Showmasters will be well aware that these conventions are bigger than first thought, in which case moving to a bigger venue could be something to consider.

For now though don't fret, and don't forget those of us attending ET2 can always get you a ticket as long as you give us the money before hand :) x

If that happens, then those of us who couldn't get to ET1 or ET2 best start looking for a new hobby :D

(I was thinking about the getting tickets thing, but there are four of us, so don't think that is very sensible. Ah well, will just wait and see, what is to be will be )

hey are they going to sell prom 2 tickets at this prom??????

i didnt manage to get a ticket at et1 as i didn't know this existed lol and et2 it had sold out.

i do in a way think its unfair on people that have missed out on these events that people at et2 get 1st pick of tickets. I know this is how its gettin done and theres no way around changing it. i just fink it would be nice we all get a fair chance to get tickets all at the same time online.

hey are they going to sell prom 2 tickets at this prom??????

i didnt manage to get a ticket at et1 as i didn't know this existed lol and et2 it had sold out.

i do in a way think its unfair on people that have missed out on these events that people at et2 get 1st pick of tickets. I know this is how its gettin done and theres no way around changing it. i just fink it would be nice we all get a fair chance to get tickets all at the same time online.

is there even a date for the prom 2 yet??? if not then they won't be able to do that....

And yess!!! i really want a Jackson :D preferably at ET3 because without a shadow of doubt i will no way be able to go to both unless i have a steady job, which....pfft yeah right! lol

IF you decide to ask him to come to any haha :D

I'm currently trying to suss out which ticket is more worth it. I've been doing a few calculations.

If the tickets are the same as ET2 then its £78 for standard, £135 for silver and £195 for gold. Now there is no way in hell I can justify nearly £400 (as I have to get tickets for myself and my boyfriend) even if you do get the drinks with the guests on the Friday night.

Now I'm stuck between silver and standard. Obviously standard is more realistic but then if I wanted professional photos with al six guests it would work out at roughly (at £15 per photo) £90 each now the different between the tickets is about £55 so then the silver would be justifyable but if theres only say 3 guests I would want tickets with then it would only be about £45 so now as justifyable to get the silver. Oh god this is gonna be a hard decision. MEH!!!

I'm sure I'll work something out. Lol think I'm swaying for silver at the mo

Yeah I think Silver is usually the best way to go if you can't afford or don't want Gold. Obviously the risk lies with how many Guests turn up though :)

i personally think all tickets should be put online rather than being sold at the events coz alot of people are goin to miss out again and again. least then its fair

i see your point and obv i kinda feel the same because i aren't going to ET2,

but they say it wont sell out straight away, i mean this is the way they have done it all the time they have been runnning, and i suuppose if then it was the same people getting them over and over again they might have changed it.

if your like me and don't know whether you will be able to get them as soon as they come on sale, that might be a problem :D

I'm sure it'l be fine though....i hope... lol

:thumbup:

i personally think all tickets should be put online rather than being sold at the events coz alot of people are goin to miss out again and again. least then its fair

i see your point and obv i kinda feel the same because i aren't going to ET2,

but they say it wont sell out straight away, i mean this is the way they have done it all the time they have been runnning, and i suuppose if then it was the same people getting them over and over again they might have changed it.

if your like me and don't know whether you will be able to get them as soon as they come on sale, that might be a problem :D

I'm sure it'l be fine though....i hope... lol

:thumbup:

You have to go Tiffany!!! Will miss you otherwise! :thumbup:

The dates for the 2010 Eternal Twilight events have been announced.

Eternal Twilight 3

19th - 21st February 2010

Eternal Twilight 4

22nd - 24th October 2010

Venues to be announced.

WOOHOO!! Already knew about ET3 but that's fab news about ET4! I shall def be going to ET3 but unsure about 4 as I also have 2 holidays to go on! Eeeek!!!

will the eternal twilight 4 tickets be sold at ET3? or earlier? :S

I hope not, lol. I can't afford both of them at the same time!! :o

Wow, an ET4 :dance: I'm gonna do my best to get to both of these :thumbup:

Of course you're going!!! :D

What Amanda wants, Amanda gets :dance: What I meant was I'll to both assuming tickets don't sell out before I get them :thumbup:

Edited by _Chelsea_

I just wanna say to people who are upset about the "dibs" situation.

ET was my first et con and I was like standard485 lol I still had a fricken amazing time got fantastic photos of the guests as they came in at the rear entrance such as :

n547513514_1472099_8042073.jpg

And it meant because I was there I managed to get Gold 11 for ET2, it's just what happens for the first con you might hve to settle for a low number doesn't mean you wont have fun.

will the eternal twilight 4 tickets be sold at ET3? or earlier? :S

I hope not, lol. I can't afford both of them at the same time!! :o

Wow, an ET4 :dance: I'm gonna do my best to get to both of these :thumbup:

Of course you're going!!! :D

What Amanda wants, Amanda gets :dance: What I meant was I'll to both assuming tickets don't sell out before I get them :thumbup:

Of course, that's the way it always have been :o Haha, but okay good!! Yeah I really hope there will be tickets left for us :o

I have removed names from the quotes because I don't want anyone to think that I'm disagreeing with them personally - they're just representative of what a number of people are saying. So, no offence meant folks

The trite answer is "life isn't fair - deal with it."

More constructively, any approach will end up being unfair for somebody. Suppose there were no initial sales at the preceding event but they were all sold online on the Monday after the last event, e.g no ET3 sales until 7pm on the Monday straight after ET2. How about somebody who has supported ET2, but for some reason can't be online on Monday evening. Maybe they're working a night shift. Or at a gig. Maybe they're still travelling home - not that unlikely for some overseas attendees. Or maybe they're an overseas attendee who has decided to stay on in the UK for a few days holiday after the event but doesn't have net access during that period. So despite the fact that they supported the event, they might not get a decent chance at the tickets. Certainly lots of people will have got in before them. How is that fair? (and if you say you'll make an arrangement for them, believe me there will be another couple of hundred people who will want something similar - it'll be a nightmare for poor Too Tall (or whoever) to administer.)

The simple fact is that it's very easy for us to point out when something isn't fair for us - it's not so easy to come up with an idea that will be fair for everyone.

The problem is if everyone at ET2 (i.e sold out) buys tickets to go to ET3 , the people going to ET3 might all wanna go ET4 (etc etc) then those of us who missed the other two events aren't going to get a chance to go. Hope you get what I mean.

Yes, but ET1 was sold out, and tickets for ET2 didn't sell out at ET1 - I think it took something like 18 days for that to happen. Sure, it's quick but it's hardly instant. Every knows when they'll be going on sale, so as long as they make arrangements for net access and the necessary funds to be available, they've all got a reasonably equal chance of making a purchase.

I think some folk do worry a little too much about tickets selling out fast. If you go back and look at the thread when the original sale date for the Twilight Proms tickets were announced, my memory is that were several people who were most upset and even threatening to throw a bit of a strop because they were worried that because they couldn't be online when tickets went on sale, they would all sell out and they wouldn't get any. And some of those people were worried not because they were going to be away for the first week or few days of sale, but for the first couple of hours! (A couple of months later and we haven't even had a "tickets getting low" warning yet, have we?) Yes I'm sure ET3 will sell out, but I'll be surprised if it does it within 48 hours - surely enough of a window for people to get their act together, given they know when sales will start? Don't waste energy fretting - use it to make sure you're prepared for when ticket sales do start. :P

Edited by TommyT

Can we just let this 'ticket sale fight' end now? I think we can all safely say SM are going to sell ET3 tickets at ET2 and those of us who cant go will have to just pick up any scrap tickets left.

The fair thing to do would be to put them on the online shop at once and let it be first come first serve but that will never happen.

Can we just let this 'ticket sale fight' end now? I think we can all safely say SM are going to sell ET3 tickets at ET2 and those of us who cant go will have to just pick up any scrap tickets left.

The fair thing to do would be to put them on the online shop at once and let it be first come first serve but that will never happen.

Well said....

like i said i see it from both points of view...

but lets just leave it at that!

I have removed names from the quotes because I don't want to think that I'm disagreeing with them personally - they're just representative of what a number of people are saying. So, no offence meant folks

The trite answer is "life isn't fair - deal with it."

More constructively, any approach will end up being unfair for somebody. Suppose there were no initial sales at the preceding event but they were all sold online on the Monday after the last event, e.g no ET3 sales until 7pm on the Monday straight after ET2. How about somebody who has supported ET2, but for some reason can't be online on Monday evening. Maybe they're working a night shift. Or at a gig. Maybe they're still travelling home - not that unlikely for some overseas attendees. Or maybe they're an overseas attendee who has decided to stay on in the UK for a few days holiday after the event but doesn't have net access during that period. So despite the fact that they supported the event, they might not get a decentchance at the tickets. Certainly lots of people will have got in before them. How is that fair? (and if you say you'll make an arrangement for them, believe me there will be another couple of hundred people who will want something similar - it'll be a nightmare for poor Too Tall (or whoever) to administer.

The simple fact is that it's very easy for us to point out when something isn't fair for us - it's not so easy to come up with an idea that will be fair for everyone.

The problem is if everyone at ET2 (i.e sold out) buys tickets to go to ET3 , the people going to ET3 might all wanna go ET4 (etc etc) then those of us who missed the other two events aren't going to get a chance to go. Hope you get what I mean.

Yes, but ET1 was sold out, and tickets for ET2 didn't sell out at ET1 - I think it took something like 18 days for that to happen. Sure, it's quick but it's hardly instant. Every knows when they'll be going on sale, so as long as they make arrangements for net access and the necessary funds to be available, they've all got a reasonably equal chance of making a purchase.

I think some folk do worry a little too much about tickets selling out fast. If you go back and look at the thread when the original sale date for the Twilight Proms tickets were announced, my memory is that were several people who were most upset and even threatening to throw a bit of a strop because they were worried that because they couldn't be online when tickets went on sale, they would all sell out and they wouldn't get any. And some of those people were worried not because they were going to be away for the first week or few days of sale, but for the first couple of hours! (A couple of months later and we haven't even had a "tickets getting low" warning yet, have we?) Yes I'm sure ET3 will sell out, but I'll be surprised if it does it within 48 hours - surely enough of a window for people to get their act together, given they know when sales will start? Don't waste energy fretting - use it to make sure you're prepared for when ticket sales do start. :o

well said :D