BIG FAVOUR

talie

I know I sound like a moaning cow lol but I just remember the guys saying they basically don't have the posting rights/permission for people to be putting clips of the actors all over the net and they could get in trouble for it/stops actors from coming.

I know there's nowt wrong with photos I have plenty :P lol

No, I completely see your point. People filming everything and sticking it on the internet must be pretty annoying for guests too I would assume (although they probably wouldn't be too keen on cameras in their face the whole time either lol) and it could cause some hassle. I wouldn't want to put off some of the big names from attending or risk ruining the event.

Edited by Laurenx

I remember being told off by someone sat next to me as they thought I was filming, I just held my camera up so I would take photos! That annoyed me!

I don't see why people do film and then put it online, its not like they get anything but dislike of the majority of everyone else!

ive filmed before at the et1 but i didnt put it on internet. it was for my own private use. it annoys me though that okay fair enough we're not allowed to film, but its not like the dvds of the event are easy to come by and they are not free. and from what i hear, the dvd doesnt really include much of the talk.

i didnt film at LFCC but i got accused and told off for apparently doing so. all i was doing was holding my camera up so i could see the talk through the lens and take pictures. i couldnt see much at all and i wanted to see what they looked like. i was soooo pissed off after getting told off... after that i wish i had vidoed just to make the most of it. grrrr

I don´t think anybody has the right to ask somebody on this forum not to film because it annoys them. I don´t film personally because I know it´s not allowed but if I did that would be my choice and I would then deal with the consequences. If people want to film they will, and asking them not to is patronising and will most likely encourage rebellion. As for guests getting annoyed that there are clips of them online, sorry but that´s life, I was filmed at my graduation and this has since been sold to people I don´t but I had no choice over the matter, the guests expose themselves to the public and media and need to learn to deal with the consequences.

Edited by TeamJasper

I don't even own a camera. So, pretty safe to say I won't be filming anything.

I get why it annoys you though. I'm kinda the same. Whenever I'm at a gig - the amount of people that are filming and taking pictures the whole time is insane. I'm there to listen to the music and watch the band play. So should they be. They've paid the money for a ticket, just to stand there behind a camera. Not cool.

But on the other hand, some people like/want to have proof (for lack of a better word) of their time there. It's semi-understandable. So there should be a happy medium. Like, a time for filming and taking pictures. People who don't want to - or don't mind people doing it can stay and do it too or stay and just watch. (Man, that sounds a little perverted!) That way everyone is happy! :)

I was filmed at my graduation and this has since been sold to people I don�t but I had no choice over the matter,

Yes you did; you didn't have to go. There would have been no footgae of you to sell then.

the guests expose themselves to the public and media and need to learn to deal with the consequences.

And they may choose to do that by being rather less forthcoming in their talks, or by not giving talks at all.

I was filmed at my graduation and this has since been sold to people I don�t but I had no choice over the matter,

Yes you did; you didn't have to go. There would have been no footgae of you to sell then.

the guests expose themselves to the public and media and need to learn to deal with the consequences.

And they may choose to do that by being rather less forthcoming in their talks, or by not giving talks at all.

This is exactly my point, I went to my graduation because I wanted to, I may not have liked being filmed but life isn´t always about what you as an individual want, which was the point of my response- stop telling others what to do!!

the guests are paidto be at a talk and meet and greet, not to be filmed.

the only thing filming does is break a trust with the gusts and stop better guests appering at later events.

its a respect thing and anything 'leaked' is something that showmasters can get in to trouble for.

technacly there is a load of leagal reasons your not aloud to film for as well.

the screaming thing i really don't understand. you payed £ to see people and listen to them talk why then scream all the way through it? shut up and listen to the talks. if i cant here what ive paid for i will tell people to shut up mind,i dont have money to waist on a room full of screamers

i was helping out on the alex que at lfcc and i dint quite understand why people were screaming and crying at him. yes get exited but pull it together.

it spoiles it for everyone

the screaming thing i really don't understand. you payed £ to see people and listen to them talk why then scream all the way through it? shut up and listen to the talks. if i cant here what ive paid for i will tell people to shut up mind,i dont have money to waist on a room full of screamers

it spoiles it for everyone

So true. If I want to hear screeches of the decibel, I'll run my fingernails down a blacboard or something *shudder*

This is exactly my point, I went to my graduation because I wanted to, I may not have liked being filmed but life isn´t always about what you as an individual want, which was the point of my response

The difference being that somewhere in the paperwork for your graduation there was probably some clause about by attending you consent to being filmed and/or photographed.

By contrast, given that the people at these talks are professional performers, there are issues with them being filmed performing; I would expect there to be something in their contract about the organisers are expected to take reasonable steps to prevent them being filmed. If you check the terms and conditions on the ticket/website for the event, you will no doubt find that recording is not permitted, and that by purchasing a ticket you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the event. If you're not happy to abide by them, perhaps you shouldn't have bought a ticket?

- stop telling others what to do!!

I wasn't telling anybody what to do! That said, all people seem to be doing is reminding others of the conditions that they agreed to abide by when they purchased a ticket. I hardly think that makes them the next Joe Stalin :P