1st time events and activities for this years Collectormania London

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

After the introduction of new Zones and Activities at this year LFCC and the feed back has been amazing

So we are going to give you all some more fun things to do at this the 1st Collectormania London :thumbup:

Cosplay Zone "new expansion"

as well as a place to chill out with your friends , changing rooms and a displays and a place to chat and go over new projects we have something new another 1st for the Cosplay seen ;)

if you are a up and coming Cosplay costume design or costume maker and want to offer your services to other fans that cannot do what you can do, then this is for you we are going to have a zone dedicated to talented designs or costume makers to take commission to make outfits this is your chance to shine

we are going to provide the chance for you to put on a display of your work and sell some of the things you make or if you want sell off outfits you no longer need to help with the costs of making new out fits , this could be a great opportunity to help pay for your hobby or even something much bigger , its all down to you to show everyone what you can do

for £45 you will get a 6 foot table and two meters of velcro friendly wall to put art work up or some of your creations and you will also be lent a manikin torso to put an outfit on to help display your work , you will also get 2 passes for the show which gets you into the show the day before on the friday and in the morning of the show before the public come in which are worth £40 on there own , so its a great deal all round :D

there is only going to be a limited amount of spaces available in the Cosplay Pro Zone so if you do want to show your talents then contact us on info@showmastersonline.com

pinkblingfront.JPG3061.jpgimg10282873834.jpg

we really think this is a grate chance for everyone to see what you can do we plan to promote this in our adds and get the word out so this is going to be a really big thing i hope you can be apart of it ;)

NEXT

"Gothic Zone"

for anyone into Art , Clothing & Fashion , Jewelry , Collectables

there will be stands selling all sorts so if you like this world than there will be plenty for you there :D

Goth_Girl1.jpggoth.jpgdesturbedchild.jpg

NEXT

"Comic Art Gallery"

we plan to have a display of amazing are on the history of comics , with original are on display lots more on this very soon

Comic-Art-crowdWeb.jpg3223718152_85d110192e.jpg

lots more to come as well as lots more great TV and Film guest and voice artistes see you all there

Jason :D

Got to admit, I'm wondering the same now.

I always thought this event was a one-off replacement for the 2nd MK event of the year?

I think it was said that it'd be far too cold later in the year to hold C16 at MK Stadium, and that was why this event was being done ?

Apart from that, any plans to have the retro gaming folk back again, It was great at LFCC to play some classics on the range of consoles they had brought.

Edited by gebes

If i d for anyone interested, i only really do historical or quasi historical, should have some french hoods and other head gear at the do even if i don't have a stall if interested, including some dinky tophats going cheap. lol what self promotion tends to work. lol. I'll probably have some corsets (tudor to georgian) and undergarments and maybe a couple of really simple dresses.

:D Woop I've contacted showmasters, now lets see how it goes. Hopefully I'll have a table to sell stuff which might just include my sleepy hollow gown, I'll make a new set of stays to go under it cos the ones i wear have molded to fit me now, so, one step closer to it being more than just a hobby. yay!!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I must say I am very disappointed the Autumn event at Milton Keynes is being replaced with this one. It was bad enough having to travel all the way to Milton Keynes, but at least there was free parking. If I wanted to go to this one it would be either a very expensive train ticket or very expensive parking ticket.

I thought things were bad when the shopping centre went. I'm sorry but despite the great guests coming to this there is no way I'm going to any event in London.

Hopefully the whole thing will be a disaster like Midlands 2 and the event will be returned to Milton Keynes where it belongs

I thought things were bad when the shopping centre went. I'm sorry but despite the great guests coming to this there is no way I'm going to any event in London.

Hopefully the whole thing will be a disaster like Midlands 2 and the event will be returned to Milton Keynes where it belongs

I cannot believe someone would be so selfish as to wish the show fails. Youre obviously not a true fan, and don't realise the hard work people put into organising these shows for us. You do realise if a show fails, it impacts on future shows.

I'm travelling from the north east (which is round the corner considering some people are coming from abroad), and it will be worth every penny its going to cost me, because the line up is so fantastic.

I could come up with a civil, structured response. Instead, I'll say what I think - how stupid and selfish can you be?!

Ignoring your extraordinarily selfish sentiment I think the chances of the event being a failure are non existent - the guest line up is hugely impressive. I can only make the Sunday and there are so many guests I want to see.

Ignoring misery guts above I'm excited by the new areas - especially the goth zone. I'm not a goth but you tend to find the best dresses in goth shops!

Edited by Persephone1

• Moderators

If that's your attitude then I'm glad you won't be coming. And I bet most of the other attendees (not to mention the crew, who will be working hard to make sure it is NOT a disaster) are too.

I could come up with a civil, structured response. Instead, I'll say what I think - how stupid and selfish can you be?!

I'm not being selfish, and as I have mentioned on previous threads I greatly appreciate the hard work that has gone into setting these events up, I've been to several events and when asked to complete a survey in the MK shopping centre, I told them we had plans to spend a lot of money in the shops and restaurants in the hope they might keep the event there - no such luck!

As a matter of fact, I greatly enjoyed the Midlands 2 event, it was everyone else on here that complained about it because Richard Dreyfuss cancelled, I was disappointed the event was moved to the Hilton Metropole though as I have been to another event there and know how much it costs for coffee etc!

Milton Keynes is a fairly central location that anyone can get to, it's a long way for me but it is also a long way for anyone living in London or anywhere else, but at least it's fair. The LFCC is already in London, why does Collectormania have to be moved there as well? It's alright for those of you that live in London, who can simply purchase a tube or bus ticket to get there, not for me! The price of parking is very high, but then so is the cost of taking the train.

I've just noticed Blink has been cancelled, I was going to that, bang goes any chance of me getting any autographs this Autumn.

I must say I am very disappointed the Autumn event at Milton Keynes is being replaced with this one. It was bad enough having to travel all the way to Milton Keynes, but at least there was free parking. If I wanted to go to this one it would be either a very expensive train ticket or very expensive parking ticket.

You posted the very same thing not even a week ago. TooTall even took the time and gave you a response in the old topic:

What an excellent guest list, but why on earth has it been shifted from Milton Keynes to London? Earl's Court is too expensive to get to.

Isn't it enough having London Film and Comic Con there? I've been annoyed in previous years where a great guest cancels from MK and end up being rescheduled for LFCC rather than the next MK.

Why not simply stick all events in London, it will save me a lot of money because I wouldn't be going to them!

As you may know we had to move the MK event from the shopping centre. We had no choice.

We found a new venue at the Dons stadium. There will be a new room for us to use next year, but it's not finished yet. As people that came to C15 will tell you, it's a bit open at the stadium and so having an event there in October/November was never a possibility without the new room being finished.

There are also issues with the previous venue for CM:Midlands.

But SM wanted to have an autumn Collectormania and so looked for a venue. The Olympia venue was available so they chose to go for it.

Sorry you don't like London events, but surely it's better than no event at all.

I'm really sorry that you are disappointed. But this event is a one time replacement for Milton Keynes due to issues with the new venue (which have been discussed to death, same for why the show had to leave the shopping center). The show will be back in Milton Keynes next year. Obviously you've been to C15. Do you really think it would be a good idea to have the event under the same circumstances again in November? :smile:

Milton Keynes is a fairly central location that anyone can get to, it's a long way for me but it is also a long way for anyone living in London or anywhere else, but at least it's fair. The LFCC is already in London, why does Collectormania have to be moved there as well?

It is a temporary one time move. Have you seen the leaflets for C16 at C15? The show is coming back, but the new venue is not ready. And really, having the show outside again in November is not a good idea.

It's alright for those of you that live in London, who can simply purchase a tube or bus ticket to get there, not for me! The price of parking is very high, but then so is the cost of taking the train.

I've just noticed Blink has been cancelled, I was going to that, bang goes any chance of me getting any autographs this Autumn.

I'm down in Devon, London's a lot easier than Milton Keynes. As for Blink, yes that beng cancelled has cost me money.

Its one thing to have a preference for an event to be held somewhere else but its another thing completely to actually wish an event to fail. You may privately feel like that but you shouldn't be surprised to get a bit of stick if you post something like that on a public forum.

As for the Midlands event at the Hilton, the beverage prices shouldn't have put you off too much, SM had their own dedicated food area laid on by the hotel with food and drink available much cheaper than the standard hotel prices (which to be fair are extortionate)

I actually found the bar at the hilton not too bad. Got a round in on the friday night and it wasnt stupidly expensive.

And they had a little shop (I love a little shop!) in the lobby that also sold things for regular prices. And of course the cheap food room layed on by SM.

Plenty of options during the day.