Guest Suggestions

gebes

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With about 5 weeks to go, I'd settle for some guest announcements, never mind asking for specific guests.

While I always try and support this event, with so little in the way of announced guests, it's very hard to justify attending. I know that SM will be busy with LFCC but if you dont advertise guests, how do you expect to encourage people to attend?

<rant over>

Dave

With about 5 weeks to go, I'd settle for some guest announcements, never mind asking for specific guests.

While I always try and support this event, with so little in the way of announced guests, it's very hard to justify attending. I know that SM will be busy with LFCC but if you dont advertise guests, how do you expect to encourage people to attend?

<rant over>

Dave

:YAHOO:

I am an easy person to please I watch a lot of shows, albeit american but most are finished :D I would love a buffy, angel, firefly, dollhouse, heroes, lost, etc

someone recentish though please

<rant over>

Dave

I cant agree more with Daves post.

I know it is not good manners to moan and this is not a moan, it is concern.

There is little time left before the Glasgow event and whilst meaning no disrespect to the annnounced guests they are not exactley hall fillers!

Even last year Robert Picardo was announced well in advance and was a name guest.

I know things are difficult with schedules and LLFC etc and the only reason i am commenting is because i care so much about the Glasgow event being from Glasgow myself.

Like everyone else i want to see the event go from strength to strength and each event appeared to be doing that.

I have no doubt that Showmasters are working hard and WILL have some great guests to announce, its just with such little time left its hard to advertise and get the word out.

I keep trying to sell the event to friends and work mates but when they ask who the guests are i am like.....welll theres Kanny Baker.....and.

As i said i mean no disrespect i just want to have a great time and continue to see CMG grow.

Cheers

Goodie

I agree, I had never been to an event like collectormania. The stormtroopers/costume people was an excellant addition and my son and partner loved posing with them and they wwere the best thing about the event imo.

I went for Amber Benson last year and the atmosphere is awesome and the rows upon rows of toys had its appeal for my son.

My point is that I will attend reguardless of the guests as the whole event is fun to go to but the guests sure are a bonus that attracts more people.

kevin sorbo

They could do a Hercules and Xena reunion :lol: Also we could get Lance Henriksen as the remake of Piranha comes out round about the same time as the convention :(

Edited by carnosoul

Jonathan Frakes since he cancelled LFCC

Yes i would love to meet him :P

Ian Whyte- the Predator- didn't meet him last year

Michael Biehn, Bill Paxton , Janette Goldstein, Mark Ralston....

Great guest suggestions i would love to meet them aliens and terminator are two of my fave movies of all time :P

I am not really a TV series fan. I always like atleast one guest who has starred in some of my fav movies. Thats why i enjoyed Ernie Hudson and Warwick Davis....anything of that ilk would be great.

Hold on, ANYTHING would be great, please a wee announcment to cheer me up!

An actor from any 80s movie....oh i can dream.

I will give my right nut to you if you could get John Rhys Davis or Julian Glover who i didnt get a chance to see at LLFC.

Peter Weller as well, though i heard he is a bit rude at cons.

Who else.....mmmmmmmmm

Peter O'Toole, i know its a pipe dream but would be sweet.

Would love some of the cast from Bando f Brothers too

Oh and Christopher Lambert for a Scottish conventions would be amazing.....There can be only one!!!!!