Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

Why not just wait for the contrat first then make the announcement? :thumbup:

well we thought it was coming though after the phone call saying they were in for the show

anyway its happened they are coming its just going to take a bit more time when its here you will all know who it is , we have done this loads of times and its just been this once , its not like they are not coming or anything so you will all know very soon

jason ^_^

Just out of a matter of interest why does the contract have to be in your hands before the guest can be announced to the public. Is it too protect the guest or just something which is done?

Why not just wait for the contrat first then make the announcement? :thumbup:

well we thought it was coming though after the phone call saying they were in for the show

anyway its happened they are coming its just going to take a bit more time when its here you will all know who it is , we have done this loads of times and its just been this once , its not like they are not coming or anything so you will all know very soon

jason ^_^

Just out of a matter of interest why does the contract have to be in your hands before the guest can be announced to the public. Is it too protect the guest or just something which is done?

If I was running an Event like this I'd like to have the contract in my hands BEFORE making an official announcement of who it is.

I'm sure SM feel the same.

• Showmasters Admin

its best that way

it means we all agree to all the points and understand what we are agreeing to

and as i do not know this person well its better for us both to have a agreement like this in place

some guests like Kenny and Dave are cool and somethings we do not have a contract its just word of mouth

i hope this helps

we are working on other guest for this event too and we might have some others to go up at the same time as this one now we shall see

thanks for understanding ;)

jason :WAVE:

Anyone get the feeling they have wasted an hour of their lives :-S

No. There ARE other sites on the internet. :-)

I've been doing my usual Monday night internet activities (Facebook, MySpace, GoodReads, Flickr, etc.) while coming back here every 10-15 minutes or so.

Oh and I had University Challenge on in the background and got several questions right. Including one about Uranus and another about Faraday Cages. :-)

Nope. I find it quite exciting even with the delays!

Really? If you find gazing at a screen and constantly hitting refrsh exciting then you may well spontaneously combust when you do something as exciting as actually meeting the guest.

It's to protect the organiser and the guest. I've been helping organise a festival the last 3 years, and the headliner this year we knew we had, but couldn't announce until 4 days later once their contract had come through. We could have gotten into major trouble if we had announced them before we had the contract.

What happens if the guest falls through for whatever reason... Will we ever know who it was? ;)

I highly doubt it

Edited by lizzy88

Nope. I find it quite exciting even with the delays!

Really? If you find gazing at a screen and constantly hitting refrsh exciting then you may well spontaneously combust when you do something as exciting as actually meeting the guest.

Why do you keep coming back if you feel like you've wasted your time on here?

No. There ARE other sites on the internet. :-)

I've been doing my usual Monday night internet activities (Facebook, MySpace, GoodReads, Flickr, etc.) while coming back here every 10-15 minutes or so.

Oh and I had University Challenge on in the background and got several questions right. Including one about Uranus and another about Faraday Cages. :-)

I have been doing my normal Monday night internet activities too. Although, if i listed the names of the websites like you did they would all be blocked ;-)