Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

has Josh Holloway done a con at all?

I once read somewhere, that Josh wouldn't do conventions because he felt his Saywer-character would loose some of it's mystery if he met the fans in real life.

But of couse he could have changed his mind about that a million times since.

I might be reading FAR too much in to it ... but one of the clues given was "from the US". The clue was NOT that the person is American ...

So who could be said to be "from the US" but technically isn't American?

Tim Curry?

Keifer Sutherland?

Who else ... ?

I'm thinking a LOTR star who has only done an event in New Zealand...

I was thinking Orlando Bloom or Sean Bean up until the "from the US" thing came up so now I'm saying Liv Tyler... Or how about Hugo Weaving?? Has he done events before? Oh, he is Amercian isn't he?

Or away from LOTR, please let it be Kiefer!!!!! Or has he done Comic Con?

Edited by bonogirl81

• Moderators

I was thinking Orlando Bloom or Sean Bean up until the "from the US" thing came up so now I'm saying Liv Tyler... Or how about Hugo Weaving?? Has he done events before? Oh, he is Amercian isn't he?

Another clue given was that they're not from LOTR.

Another clue given was that they're not from LOTR.

Damn!

I've been sitting here for 22 hours now and im not going until guest is announced ;-) Have revised my prediction though. Thought it might be Christopher Lee previously but now im thinking Frank Oz.

You've been sat in front of a computer screen for 22 hours??? :thumbup: Your eyes must be exhausted! :)

I would say another Darth Vader.. Hayden!

This guest is pretty big. An A Lister. I mean this guest has to warrant a huge pre warning announcement. Not even major stars like philip glenister, keeley hawes, leonard nemoy have had this pre warning of a guest announcement before so its got to be someone a heck of a lot bigger than them. How about zachary quinto. I say ZQ or Hayden Christensen. It would fit in with all the spocks and all the darth vaders we've had this year.

I would say another Darth Vader.. Hayden!

This guest is pretty big. An A Lister. I mean this guest has to warrant a huge pre warning announcement. Not even major stars like philip glenister, keeley hawes, leonard nemoy have had this pre warning of a guest announcement before so its got to be someone a heck of a lot bigger than them. How about zachary quinto. I say ZQ or Hayden Christensen. It would fit in with all the spocks and all the darth vaders we've had this year.

Zac has done events in the US... not so sure about Hayden. Oooh, now thats a nice thought! I like that idea...

What about Chris Pine? Has he done events in the US?

Interesting that you place Zachary Quinto above Leonard Nimoy ...

Not saying you're wrong or right to do so, just saying it's interesting that you have done. I certainly wouldn't. ;-)

What about Chris Pine? Has he done events in the US?

I suggested Chris a while back but I'm not sure if the Comic Con he did counts as an event, since he only did a panel IIRC. I would without a doubt go bankrupt to meet Chris. He's at the very top of my 'want to meet' list.

I'm intrigued that 90%+ of all the guesses at the identity of this guest are male names. Very few people seem to be guessing any ladies.

Personally, given the slavish use of "they" in all the official mentions of this guest so far, I think there is a very good chance that our Fabulous Mystery Guest is a woman ...

• Moderators

Personally, given the slavish use of "they" in all the official mentions of this guest so far, I think there is a very good chance that our Fabulous Mystery Guest is a woman ...

Interesting .. why exactly?

Could just as likely be male.

Interesting .. why exactly?

Could just as likely be male.

Because most people -

...and I realise Showmasters are not "most people" *g*, but ...

- most people wouldn't think to hide the gender if the Fabulous Mystery Guest was male. They'd be using "he" without any thought. But the use of "they" specifically gives the gender an air of mystery and most people would only do that if the gender was female ...