Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

Think you had better explain who Kinski and Nielsen are!

Not sure if you are joking there or not so if you are, excuse the explanations :crying:

Klaus Kinski played the vampire in Werner Herzog's 1979 Nosferatu, a version of Dracula which is also a homage to Murnau's 1922 silent movie Nosferatu, A Symphony of Horror.

Leslie Nielsen played Dracula in Mel Brooks' Dracula, Dead and Loving It, which is a 1996 spoof.

Yes I was joking!

Sorry - it's hard to tell around here. I've commented on a few movies/books that have left people going "huh" in some threads so I don't take anything for granted. I know there are a few people here that aren't huge genre fans, so wasn't sure.

Nicolas Cage lives in Bath so is doing it more as a favour than a major coup.

How much money would some of the names mentioned here charge? Background actors from Bond films charge enough but if SM went for Harrison, Johnny etc they would have to charge around £1000 per autograph just to break even. With virtual queues they would still lose money.

Yes SM help collectors but they are a business.

So you think it'd cost roughly £1 million for an A-lister to attend for 2 days?

(£1000 x 500 autographs per day x 2 days = £1 million)

I was thinking it would be around £100,000, which equates to around £100 per autograph.

Any idea of when we can expect an announcement! Im desperate just like many others. My mates gonna be in South Africa begging for it not to be Richard Dean Anderson cause if he missed out on meeting him he would be depressed. I would love it to be a Rocky opponent, i see apollo creed has done sm before, Mr T would be amazing, or Dolph Lungren who i would consider big guests, from a rocky and boxing interest Tommy Morrisson or Antonio Tarver would be great also

How much money would some of the names mentioned here charge? Background actors from Bond films charge enough but if SM went for Harrison, Johnny etc they would have to charge around £1000 per autograph just to break even. With virtual queues they would still lose money.

I was thinking it would be around £100,000, which equates to around £100 per autograph.

that sounds more likely. but you get over 5000 guests attending the whole event in general. so when you think about it, they could lower the price if they expected a LOAD of people coming JUST for one star.

Ford and Depp etc wouldn't get out of bed for 100K let alone come to the UK for two days. Pay them the going rate for at least two days of their time, add on the airfare and hotel stay (can't see them coming over on EasyJet and staying in a Travelodge) and a percentage of the takings and you are looking at rather a lot.

he's probably tried these people. i hear alan rickman will NEVER EVER do a con. supposedly he despises them :|

Oh thats a shame I wish he would change his mind becuase I love to meet Alan, how about the others please!!! and Derek Mears but couldnt find the contact information.

i absolutely LOVE alan rickman :) same for tim burton and his wife :gorgeous: unfortunately they're major screen stars. i mean i remember a few years ago there was elijah wood from lotr, i was surprised by that :king:

you get over 5000 guests attending the whole event in general. so when you think about it, they could lower the price if they expected a LOAD of people coming JUST for one star.

But then one human being can only write so many before he gets too tired to carry on.

i mean i remember a few years ago there was elijah wood from lotr, i was surprised by that :gorgeous:

I wasnt. He's even been twice now.

Edited by nicky

If you read the artical you'll notice it mentions that he does own two houses in Bath, so it's not that big of a push that he'd accept that if asked.

However, I would have thought the same of people like Chistopher Lloyd, John Hurt and Pete Postelthwaite not that long ago, and look what happend there. But it's still unlikey.

Just cos he lives in the UK doesnt mean there's a better chance of him coming to a con than any other A list British actor though? Have we ever had people like Connery, MacGregor, Hopkins, Caine, Oldman, Neeson, Colin Farrel or Hugh Grant? They're the kinda stars that "carry" a film on their own back. All of them are much bigger than Christopher Lloyd.

I meant that he's more likely to accept turning on the Xmas lights as he owns places in Bath. I wasn't implying he's more likely to come to the con as he lives in England, sorry if there was any misunderstanding in what I wrote. I think he's too big a star to get anyway.

you get over 5000 guests attending the whole event in general. so when you think about it, they could lower the price if they expected a LOAD of people coming JUST for one star.

But then one human being can only write so many before he gets too tired to carry on.

i mean i remember a few years ago there was elijah wood from lotr, i was surprised by that :gorgeous:

I wasnt. He's even been twice now.

yeah you might say that but they could bring pre-signed ones and then add personal notes when people come to the desk. they aren't chained to the guest 24/7, they do get breaks. and what celebrity wouldnt like to earn more money? they could even give it to charity or something if they're not after the money for personal reasons.

and the thing with elijah wood is that i feel he is quite a big star :| so if he came i would be over the moon to be fair :king:

• Showmasters Admin

well the great thing about all the signing shows we run you do not have to like every thing and every guest , and if you love twilight or not there is room for all at our events :gorgeous:

i would like to say that picking on twilight is a little odd, as twilight is the hot thing this year , Lord of the Rings was the hot thing a few years ago and we had lots of guest from that film, we deal with hot thing shows and films , if its hot we are there its what we do here , so lets lay of the nocking of twilight just because you do not like this film , people are aloud to like what whatever they want so lets all be cool about twilight ok :king:

and no i am not defending this because the guest is from twilight as they are not

jason

well the great thing about all the signing shows we run you do not have to like every thing and every guest , and if you love twilight or not there is room for all at our events :gorgeous:

i would like to say that picking on twilight is a little odd, as twilight is the hot thing this year , Lord of the Rings was the hot thing a few years ago and we had lots of guest from that film, we deal with hot thing shows and films , if its hot we are there its what we do here , so lets lay of the nocking of twilight just because you do not like this film , people are aloud to like what whatever they want so lets all be cool about twilight ok :king:

and no i am not defending this because the guest is from twilight as they are not

jason

People are allowed to like whatever they want, theyre also allowed not to like something - even if its hot. I dont like twilight at all, but I dont care if someone else does.

so who is the guest???????? :D

Edited by keithporter23

Any news on what thier excuse is now? Or si it still the carrier pigeon?

IF we were to have a horror film what bout plp who met their deaths at hand of Jason or Freddy? Several of the lesser known ones have had decent tv careers

Any idea of when we can expect an announcement! Im desperate just like many others. My mates gonna be in South Africa begging for it not to be Richard Dean Anderson cause if he missed out on meeting him he would be depressed. I would love it to be a Rocky opponent, i see apollo creed has done sm before, Mr T would be amazing, or Dolph Lungren who i would consider big guests, from a rocky and boxing interest Tommy Morrisson or Antonio Tarver would be great also

It's not RDA.

jason

Give us another clue :D