Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

When did anyone say the poster was annoying, just the accidental (or purposefull) usage of caps.

Nothing against JD.

If it was once, fair enough, accident. But its every post, how an anyone make that many posts and not notice the whole thing is in caps BEFORE they click the submit button?

Oh for the love of God. Who cares if he writes in caps? It's what he writes that counts and none of it has appeared remotely shouty or nasty. Judge Death write however you like mate, in fact I'M TOTALLY JOINING YOU IN WRITING IN CAPS.

HELL YEAH!!!! :D YOU CARRY ON JUDGE DEATH!!!! JUST A POINTLESS TOPIC MOANING ABOUT HOW SOMEONE WRITES IT GOES OFF THE ACTUAL TOPIC COMPLETELY NOW LETS GET BACK TO TH ACTUAL TOPIC OF WHO THE HELL THIS GUEST IS GONNA BE!!!!:P

Did the world go mad at some point?

All Im saying is, like most people, I find reading anything that is written in a weird way or without punctuation hard.

I want to read what JD has to say, but something without ANY punctuation is always hard to get through, as Mike Donovan said.

HELL YEAH!!!! :D YOU CARRY ON JUDGE DEATH!!!! JUST A POINTLESS TOPIC MOANING ABOUT HOW SOMEONE WRITES IT GOES OFF THE ACTUAL TOPIC COMPLETELY NOW LETS GET BACK TO TH ACTUAL TOPIC OF WHO THE HELL THIS GUEST IS GONNA BE!!!!:P

I THINK ITS KEIFER SUTHERLAND A FRIEND OF MINE IS CONVINCED ITS RALPH MACCHIO I THINK EITHER OF THOSE WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!

I DONT BELIEVE THATS TALKING ABOUT THE GUEST AT ALL!!? FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND HOW YOU WRITE IT IS WHAT I SAY! I REMEMBER A WHILE BACK SOMEONE MAYBE JASON WRITING AND THE SPEELING NOT BEING GREAT AND THE THREAD WAS TAKEN UP BY ARGUING ABOUT THAT. WHO CARES!!!! JUST LETS ALL GET ON WITH THE ACTUAL THREAD NOT PICKING OUT SOMEONE WHOS WRITING IN CAPS IT DOESNT BOTHER ME IM JUST MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT HE OR SHE HAS TO SAY SPELLING MISTAKES OR IN CAPS MAYBE WE SHOULD GO SEE IF YOUVE WRITTEN EVERYTHING PERFECTLY COMMAS IN RIGHT PLACE ETC WE COULD PICK OUT MANY POSTS THAT ARENT QUITE RIGHT, LETS JUST LEAVE HIM BE AND CARRY ON WITH THE "ORIGINAL TOPIC" Who do we think it is??:yoda:

Edited by Yodas'stuntman

I THINK ITS KEIFER SUTHERLAND A FRIEND OF MINE IS CONVINCED ITS RALPH MACCHIO I THINK EITHER OF THOSE WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!

WOW RALPH MACCHIO WOULD BE AWESOME AS I ALREADY HAVE PAT MORITAS SIGNATURE HE WAS AN ABSOLUTE DIAMOND :yoda:

Edited by Yodas'stuntman

CAPS ROOL :dance: - AS DOES TEXT SPEAK LACK OF PUNCTUATION AND FINDING OUT WHEN THE NEXT GUEST IS ANNOUNCED!!!

:D:P

Well JD may have made mistakes, and Jason is dyslexic.

But you guys....are just deliberatly being annoying towards other forum posters. JD might not of been doing that as a few of us first though, but you are.

I DO HOPE YOURE NOT SAYING THAT DAVID B IS ANNOYING!!! :clap: ITS HARDLY ANNOYING REALLY AND YES WE MAYBE ARE DOING IT DELIBERATELY AS A POINT BUT YOU CAN STILL READ OUR POSTS CLEARLY SO CLEARLY IT DOESNT MATTER THAT MUCH DOES IT! AND UNTIL YOU SPEAK TO THE GUY AND FIND OUT IF HE DID IT ON PURPOSE (WHICH IS POINTLESS) WHY MOAN ABOUT IT. YET YOURE OK WITH JASON BECAUSE YOU KNOW HE CANT HELP IT AND RIGHTLY SO :yoda: I DO HOPE ITS RALPH MACCHIO

I don't like text speak as it's hard to decipher. I also don't like lack of punctuation, it makes things hard to read. I also don't like posts in all caps as I always read it as shouting - all the other boards I belong to either have an automatic correction of caps or discourage it. I don't mind if people have dyslexia or whatever, it's not their fault. I have several friends with dyslexia and dyspraxia, I know how hard it is for them. But generally, I find it more polite to type properly as you'd speak properly. Plus, as I've already said, if in direct reply I find caps intimidating, and caps in general get my back up so I'm less likely to be open minded whilst responding. Maybe that's simply because I'm a 20 year old girl, I don't know. But I think it's more polite to type in a way that everyone can read without getting their back up, offending or annoying them.

Edited by lizzy88

I don't like text speak as it's hard to decipher. I also don't like lack of punctuation, it makes things hard to read. I also don't like posts in all caps as I always read it as shouting - all the other boards I belong to either have an automatic correction of caps or discourage it. I don't mind if people have dyslexia or whatever, it's not their fault. I have several friends with dyslexia and dyspraxia, I know how hard it is for them. But generally, I find it more polite to type properly as you'd speak properly. Plus, as I've already said, if in direct reply I find caps intimidating, and caps ingeneral get my back up so I'm less likely to be open minded whilst responding. Maybe that's simply because I'm a 20 year old girl, I don't know. But I think it's more polite to type in a way that everyone can read without getting their back up, offending or annoying them.

I can understand that but to tell a newbie hes annoying when its clear its not on purpose isnt the way to go about things maybe a polite "hey soz we see youre new but other threads prefer you to write in small letters" not being told theyre annoying, the guys new and now its turned the thread into this! Lets all move on!:D

Edited by Yodas'stuntman

I can understand that but to tell a newbie hes annoying when its clear its not on purpose isnt the way to go about things maybe a polite "hey soz we see youre new but other threads prefer you to write in small letters" not being told theyre annoying, the guys new and now its turned the thread into this! Lets all move on!

He's obviously not a complete newbie as he's had over 70 posts - and in this thread it was pointed out, I just don't see why it needed to turn into a shouting match. All these caps could have ended on the previous page. And surely, it would be a bit obvious that not many people write with caps lock on as hardly any of the earlier posts were in caps, so it shouldn't need pointing out? Anyway, I agree with moving on. Everyone has made their point, and hopefully he'll see that however accidentally, caps isn't always taken well.

PLEASE announce Bill Paxton! :clap:

I don't know who that is :clap:

Edited by lizzy88

Once again, missing the point.

But yes, anyway, the thread.

As the UKCM guys said, if Bill Paxton gets announced, you will get all the Colonial Marines from all over the country plus all his other fans.

PLEASE announce Bill Paxton! :clap:

As are you missing our points too! Totally agree with the Bill Paxton comment met him in Hollywood at the premier of The greatest game ever played which he directed the guys so nice and stopped to sign plenty of autographs so would seem to me to be a crowd pleaser :yoda:

Caps is annoying. And correct spelling and punctuation *is* important.

For one thing, as has already been pointed out, it can take a moment or three to decipher certain messages which are written with a ... somewhat liberal attitude to spelling and punctuation. So from a certain point of view it can be said to be a little rude - assuming your time is more valuable than the people who each have to spend a few minutes figuring out what you're trying to say.

For another thing, incorrect spelling can completely change the meaning of a reply. "Whose" and "who's" are notorious for this; "are" and "our" can often be confusing too.

And finally, punctuation is just as bad too. I once caused offence to a girl because she couldn't be bothered to use correct punctuation. I asked her "good journey?" and she replied "Not really very long". I took this to mean that the journey had not really been very long and therefore this was a good thing. So I said "Good". She got upset because she had intended the meaning to have a comma between "really" and "very" ... A piece of punctuation which *completely* changes the meaning of her reply.

Correct spelling and punctuation are really *not* hard to learn and should *not* be considered optional extras ...

Edited by Stenun

Caps is annoying. And correct spelling and punctuation *is* important.

For one thing, as has already been pointed out, it can take a moment or three to decipher certain messages which are written with a ... somewhat liberal attitude to spelling and punctuation. So from a certain point of view it can be said to be a little rude - assuming your time is more valuable than the people who each have to spend a few minutes figuring out what you're trying to say.

For another thing, incorrect spelling can completely change the meaning of a reply. "Whose" and "who's" are notorious for this; "are" and "our" can often be confusing too.

And finally, punctuation is just as bad too. I once caused offence to a girl because she couldn't be bothered to use correct punctuation. I asked her "good journey?" and she replied "Not really very long". I took this to mean that the journey had not really been very long and therefore this was a good thing. So I said "Good". She got upset because she had intended the meaning to have a comma between "really" and "very" ... A piece of punctuation which *completely* changes the meaning of her reply.

Correct spelling and punctuation are really *not* hard to learn and should *not* be considered optional extras ...

As you put up there on your post- "So from a certain point of view it can be said to be a little rude - assuming your time is more valuable than the people who each have to spend a few minutes figuring out what you're trying to say" -you are right its also annoying when people cant take time to read previous posts or choose to ignore them and bring the topic and arguement back up again. We were trying to move on!!:clap:

Id love it to be a big Star Wars guest that hasnt been before like James Earl Jones or even one who has Mark Hamill, but would be chuffed with Ralph Macchio or Bill Paxton, though have to admit the line up is pretty good already!:clap:

Id love it to be a big Star Wars guest that hasnt been before like James Earl Jones or even one who has Mark Hamill, but would be chuffed with Ralph Macchio or Bill Paxton, though have to admit the line up is pretty good already!:clap:

Any Star Wars guest would be fine by me! I'd love it to be Mark Hamill, but as he's done something in the UK before this guest isn't him... I've no clue who it could be, I just hope I'll want to meet them!

Any Star Wars guest would be fine by me! I'd love it to be Mark Hamill, but as he's done something in the UK before this guest isn't him... I've no clue who it could be, I just hope I'll want to meet them!

And if you havent found out who Bill Paxton is yet he was the whiney marine in Aliens, the dad in Thunderbirds, the car salesman in True Lies and the lead in Twister!:clap: Id really like a big Star Wars guest Ian McDairmid, James Earl Jones, Frank Oz would be awesome too.:D

I can understand that but to tell a newbie hes annoying when its clear its not on purpose isnt the way to go about things maybe a polite "hey soz we see youre new but other threads prefer you to write in small letters" not being told theyre annoying, the guys new and now its turned the thread into this! Lets all move on!:clap:

Firstly, I don't find it annoying - I find it a bit sad, but it doesn't particularly annoy me.

Seriously, the guy is 35. I'm sorry, but at what point do you get to be 35 years of age with the view that communication over the 'interweb' is all about pressing caps lock? Seriously, the caps lock key ACTUALLY HAS TO BE PRESSED. That doesn't happen by accident. You want caps, you press the key. The guy has actually pressed the key, to get the capitalization level he wants. C'mon Yoda - don't tell me it's not on purpose.

As far as punctuation is concerned, fair enough, people might not always get it right - that's fine, completely understandable, no problem. But give it a go at least?