Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

LMAO count fooku - what a perfect reply to Mr/Mrs over-reactive

com on Jason obviously has enough stress without ppl blaming him and the team

these thing happen, you can control everything, your hair was put on your head to remind us of that fact lol

:blink: I am So angry with SM,so angry in fact that even if they announced in 5 minutes that it was Harrison Ford or Sigourney Weaver I wouldn't care so much.It was very unprofessional to make a half announcement in advance.First of all it was Saturday then Saturday turned into Monday and now it is Tuesday and still nothing.How stupid will they look if this guest ends up not coming and how disappointed will we all be.They also should not of made any pre announcement because people speculate pointlessly on who it is because they hope it is so and so and often it is not who they hoped or wanted.I urge SM NEVER to do this again!

LOL Over Reaction Much????? :wub:

shocked that the announcement has not been made yet

very funny last night with so many people logged on waiting for the announcement - proves that the interest in these events are still strong :wub:

the dude :blink:

Maybe next time just dont say anything till you have the contract in your hands signed. Then when you say 7:30pm Monday or Wednesday or when ever, it will be then that the guest is actually announced.

I know it can't be helped but it is a little annoying, its like Im not even really that bothered who it is anymore, as my bubble has now been burst.

:blink:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

Darn, I was hoping the guest would be up by now. Can't believe people are having a go at SM though. It's no ones fault, these things take time to sort out. They probably had to ask with the person, whoever they are, whether it's ok just to announce an anouncement for them! So give them slack, after all, if it wasn't for SM/ME we'd never get to meet any of the people we do in the first place!

Maybe next time just dont say anything till you have the contract in your hands signed. Then when you say 7:30pm Monday or Wednesday or when ever, it will be then that the guest is actually announced.

I know it can't be helped but it is a little annoying, its like Im not even really that bothered who it is anymore, as my bubble has now been burst.

:hathor:

LLAP :blink:

Yeah I was thinking that too. At least that way they know 100% that they will be announcing someone at that time.

Looks like this guest is not so in a hurry to sign after all :blink:

Sure does, why take so long to sign? The signer must be really thkning this through or not happy with something. Lets hope the big announcement is made for SM!! They did go around it a little bit wrong. I can understand their excitement but it's not very professional. They're fanboy side certainly ruled when making this topic, not their heads!

VERY tired today. Kept logging on last night in the hopes. But now, the thrill has gone for me :borg:

if its ron perlman i will forgive you all

He did LFCC a few years back so afraid not.

Over-reactions aside, as other people have said the obvious thing was not to announce anything until the contract was in hand. I get that Jason & co are clearly excited about getting this guest and couldn't wait to share the news - or at least the news that news was on the way - but it's always a shame when something which should be fun turns into a slanging match.

I'm just wondering who this could be.

My estimated guess is:

Peter Fonda

That possibility came to my mind too...

Now, by the time of CM London, Peter will already have attended a con in the US...

Not sure it counts though as Jason's statement that "the guest" didn't do any con in the US or in the UK has technically been posted prior to that other event in the US

That might explain why Jason didn't announce "it" as a World 1st appearance...

Edited by God L'Eponge

They did go around it a little bit wrong. I can understand their excitement but it's not very professional. They're fanboy side certainly ruled when making this topic, not their heads!

I really do not envy Mark and Jason for having to try to balance this out.

When they're going strict by the rule book and say "no hints, sorry" users are begging to try to get them to make an exception.

If they do give us a warning something is coming up - and this is the first time one of those "old time announcements" actually has backfired - others are saying they are not professional.

And besides that... what's so bad about being a fanboy? :blink:

I really do not envy Mark and Jason for having to try to balance this out.

When they're going strict by the rule book and say "no hints, sorry" users are begging to try to get them to make an exception.

If they do give us a warning something is coming up - and this is the first time one of those "old time announcements" actually has backfired - others are saying they are not professional.

And besides that... what's so bad about being a fanboy? :blink:

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a fanboy, but, the contract should have been signed before announcing this topic. What if they don't get the guest?

if its ron perlman i will forgive you all

He's done a fair amount of shows I'm afraid, so according to Jason's hint it can't be him.

nooooooo i so wanna see him more so since i met anna walton and she was was what a great guy he is

its all a bit of fun in the end, and for the most part its been really fun, its only those who are acting like a spoiled stroppy toddler that have spoiled it (and you know who you are)

regardless of who it is we r going any way, as part of the MK garrison and the SGC:UK we are gona be their to see our friends and raise some money for a great cause

but the supence is now killing me LOL