ok lets talk

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

hi everyone

the line up for this event is looking great and we know that we are all going to have a lot of fun at this event but there is a big but

we are just not selling the tickets for the event

we had 2 guests at one of our events and the lines for them were big , so of the back of that and the interest on the forum we felt a con would work, well it seems not ?

we all want this event to happen as we are all fans here , but if it stays like this we will not be able to run this event :blink:

we so want it to work and we have other guest provisionally booked but we do not want to book anymore guest till we know there is still some interest in us running this event

everyone i know thats seen the show love it and we are all pleased that there is going to be second season :blink: but if there is the interest for a weekend con we will have to see

now you all know you can make a difference to this by getting the word out and just telling as many people as you can about it , we have fliers to give out and if you email us your address we will send them out to you

this will all help to sell more tickets which means we will run the event and if we keep selling thickets we will try to get all the cast from the show , thats how this works , so we will do our bit and if you can help us this event will happen and in style :YAHOO:

so far we have

Russell Tovey , George

Jason Watkins ,Herrick

Annabel Scholey ,Lauren

Sinead Keenan , Nina

Sama Goldie , Janey

Dylan Brown , Seth

Dean Lennox Kelly ,Tully

Paul Kasey , Werewolf

thats 8 guests for the event which you will get a free auto from each worth £80 alone and the con with its 3 party talks and every thing else for free so its a great deal so let hope more people get behind the event and we can book the last of the cast ;)

anything you can do to help promote the event will help

thanks for reading

and i hope to see you all there

jason :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really sad!

Being human is a great show! Maybe once more episodes have been aired on BBC 1, more people will be interested, I mean they are only showing episode 2 tonight...........

I'm really gutted I cant go to this event, the line up looks great! Unfortunately I have a compulsory university fieldtrip to Tenerife when it's on! (gutted, but cant really complain, 2 weeks in Tenerife!!!)

Please support the show folks!

Edited by Elspeth

I'm sorry you haven't got the interest in this convention that you had hoped for. For what it's worth, I've posted on the LiveJournal community letting everybody know what's going on with the event, in the hopes that it'll encourage some more people to buy tickets. I think a lot of people (particularly those overseas) are holding out for Aiden and Lenora to be announced to make it worth their while, so maybe the fact that you've posted this will be incentive enough.

It does suck you didn't get the response you wanted, I know I have booked a room for this convention but until I speak with my friend (fingers crossed for later on yeah) we haven't booked tickets! Hopefully we'll be booking soon, hopefully. :) It is a great line up and I do hope who ever asks for the fliers does generate some interest for you guys! :) I know I'm looking forward to this event! :)

I've already got my silver ticket lined up for this and have been passing on details to everywhere I post / people I know and I'm very sorry to hear things are going relatively slowly.

That said, and I have posted this before, I don't think Showmasters are taking full advantage of the marketing opportunities available.

Being Human has nearly 30,000 fans on Facebook and has four different fan groups. The show was commissioned in part because of a groundswell of internet support, it has burgeoning fansites, and the BBC Being Human section of the site remains one of the best sections of the Beeb for traffic even in the show's off season (although it's obviously been given a boost courtesy of the BBC One repeats and Aidan Turner's turn as Rossetti in Desperate Romantics). It's an online show. I don't know that fliers are going to do much to help get the word out. We all have a responsibility - on messageboards, on Twitter, on LJ communities etc. But the marketing side of it could utilise the online element. Google adwords and (imho more effective for this show) Facebook advertising targets people down to the nth degree and you only pay for clickthroughs direct to your site.

For example, you could set up a campaign on Facebook that said your advert would appear ONLY in front of people who were a fan of Russell Tovey or Being Human, aged between 18 and 40 and based in the UK. If you trialled it by, say, putting in £100 (way less than advertising in a mag) at around 35p a clickthrough (which is what it comes in at) you're putting your advert in front of 3,000 potential attendees who are definitely into what you're selling. You can use analytic software to see how many people have been referred who book tickets - so at the end of your trial you could see your £100 has sold you 10 tickets. Or 20. Or 50. Or a 100. Yes, it's a new thing to try, but this is arguably a great show to try it with.

As I've said before, if you want help with any of this sort of stuff I'm always willing to help out.

Good luck with it. I sincerely hope I'll be seeing you in February when, six episodes into the eight episode season two, we're all agog at the brilliance of both the show AND the con.

Edited by nkb

hi everyone

the line up for this event is looking great and we know that we are all going to have a lot of fun at this event but there is a big but

we are just not selling the tickets for the event

Please don't cancel!

I'm really excited to see the actors, this is the first TV show I liked in years. I never thought there would be a con for BH, I only found out by chance; a poster advertising the event at another event; I wouldn't have known any earlier.

I have to wait for the end of the month to make purchases eg convention tickets

I have half of ticket money from the end of last month and will have the other half of ticket money at the end of this month, then I can make my purchase

There's no other way I can afford the cost.

I posted about the event in the two places I'm a member of and have been bringing the TV show to the interest of people I know in the US (they have BBCAmerica channel there, they had enjoyed watching "Torchwood" and "Dr Who" so I was confident they would like BH too). I don't have LJ account or belong to sites such as Twitter or Facebook.

• Showmasters Admin

I've already got my silver ticket lined up for this and have been passing on details to everywhere I post / people I know and I'm very sorry to hear things are going relatively slowly.

That said, and I have posted this before, I don't think Showmasters are taking full advantage of the marketing opportunities available.

Being Human has nearly 30,000 fans on Facebook and has four different fan groups. The show was commissioned in part because of a groundswell of internet support, it has burgeoning fansites, and the BBC Being Human section of the site remains one of the best sections of the Beeb for traffic even in the show's off season (although it's obviously been given a boost courtesy of the BBC One repeats and Aidan Turner's turn as Rossetti in Desperate Romantics). It's an online show. I don't know that fliers are going to do much to help get the word out. We all have a responsibility - on messageboards, on Twitter, on LJ communities etc. But the marketing side of it could utilise the online element. Google adwords and (imho more effective for this show) Facebook advertising targets people down to the nth degree and you only pay for clickthroughs direct to your site.

For example, you could set up a campaign on Facebook that said your advert would appear ONLY in front of people who were a fan of Russell Tovey or Being Human, aged between 18 and 40 and based in the UK. If you trialled it by, say, putting in £100 (way less than advertising in a mag) at around 35p a clickthrough (which is what it comes in at) you're putting your advert in front of 3,000 potential attendees who are definitely into what you're selling. You can use analytic software to see how many people have been referred who book tickets - so at the end of your trial you could see your £100 has sold you 10 tickets. Or 20. Or 50. Or a 100. Yes, it's a new thing to try, but this is arguably a great show to try it with.

As I've said before, if you want help with any of this sort of stuff I'm always willing to help out.

Good luck with it. I sincerely hope I'll be seeing you in February when, six episodes into the eight episode season two, we're all agog at the brilliance of both the show AND the con.

i am happy for any of the fans to do anything they want to help keep this alive , PLEASE do hold on for me to ask you for help , do what every you can , i do not know the best thing to do every time so if you think something would work the please go for it , we are all behind you

we do what we know if you understand something better then please take the lead and lets make this happen

i can get the guests and i have proved this but we all need to work on getting the word out to sell the tickets so this event happens

it will happen if we sell the tickets i know the guests are going to be a lot of fun we just need to get to first event

thanks for any help anyone can give

jason :WINCE:

i have already tweeted about this, meaning it's also on my Facebook and Livejournal :lol: hope it goes ahead cos i really wanna go to it.

if every one did what you just did this event would be home and dry

thanks so much

if everyone dose this the event will happen

and for everyone holding out or saving up to buy tickets please do not what as the event is down to all of you and if the event dose not take place you will get your money back so there is no risk at all to you , the line up is already great and if all gos well we will also get the rest of the cast but there has to be the sourport for the event so please show us you are coming

thanks so much

jason :lol:

we had 2 guests at one of our events and the lines for them were big

Both were also in Dr Who, and many of the Dr Who crowd who attend your events have met them now.

i looked at what people were buying and it was not Dr Who so the fans are out there

jason :lol:

I really want to come to this but I have to clear my credit card and be sure I can pay off the ticket before I book on that card. I've got 72p left to last til Monday, so there's no way it's going to happen before October.

Believe me, I'd already have at least silver by now if I had the money available!

Edited by TurkFox

i am happy for any of the fans to do anything they want to help keep this alive , PLEASE do hold on for me to ask you for help , do what every you can , i do not know the best thing to do every time so if you think something would work the please go for it , we are all behind you

we do what we know if you understand something better then please take the lead and lets make this happen

i can get the guests and i have proved this but we all need to work on getting the word out to sell the tickets so this event happens

it will happen if we sell the tickets i know the guests are going to be a lot of fun we just need to get to first event

thanks for any help anyone can give

jason :D

The stuff nkb is referring to, is not free.... we were kind of working on the assumption that you don't want us spending your money for you on advertising! :whistling:

i would like to go but i cant book my tickets just yet, can i say i have met russell tovey and he is a really nice funny guy-if your a fan its worth going to meet him.

please dont think of cancelling yet i am sure there are people in the same boat as me and have to wait til closer to the event to order tickets!!!!!!!

if its cancelled i wont be housebroken i will be heartbroken!

Edited by rosie727

if every one did what you just did this event would be home and dry, thanks so much.

Yeah, I tweeted about it straight away after reading this message yesterday and despite the fact that I'm not going, I do know many Being Human fans. As well as the fact that you've booked 4 guests who have been in or are going to be in Doctor Who, there are a lot of Who fans who love Being Human too. For anyone who doesn't know the four people who have been in or are going to appear in Doctor Who are; Russell Tovey, Dean Lennox Kelly, Paul Kasey and Sinead Keenan who's going to be in the final specials according to SFX. It is a fantastic line-up and great to see so many guests before the event itself.

I'm yet to watch it at the moment and I will get around to it one day but I'm not sure that I'll be able to afford going to this as well as other events I have planned. If it comes to the worst, perhaps you could have a Being Human/Doctor Who convention? I suppose that'd better than nothing and the guests for this event could still stand. Anyway, I hope it all works out for you as I'd be gutted if a convention I wanted to go to was cancelled. I'll go and start a thread on Gallifrey Base, the most popular Doctor Who forum out there, now and hopefully generate some interest for you. Best of luck. :wub:

Edited by Doctor Who

NOOOOOOOO! It'd be awful if it was cancelled!

The problem may just be that people are waiting?!! The thing is you guys are running SO many great conventions now that we just can't afford to book them all up at once - we have to prioritise and as this con is quite a way off yet I guess people are just waiting until they have enough money to book!

I've been looking at this con for ages and have literally only just booked a ticket!

Same with the True Blood con, I'm 90% sure I'm coming but it's a long way off and I have other cons I need to book before that!

Don't be too hasty!

It's just under six months until the event, a bit soon to be thinking of cancelling!

People have to save up you know!

And I think it has a fantastic guest line up. BBC1 are finally screening it, but this is the third time Being Human has been transmitted. Don't pull the plug just yet!

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly don't worry, no one's talking about pulling the plug right now.

That's the whole point of this thread. All Jason wants to get across it that the tickets are not selling well. If that "continues" over the next 3-4 months they'll have to look at whether the show goes ahead. They know there is still 6 months until the show, but with the line up they have I'm sure they were expecting more tickets to have gone by now.

SM understand people need time to save etc. But on the other hand, what's better?

That they explain that if more ticket aren't sold they "may" have to look at a cancellation, and then everyone knows the score. Buys them as soon as they can, and helps get the word out.

Or that they say nothing, wait 3 months hoping that more tickets get sold, but then maybe having to cancel because no one did buy tickets.

People are constantly asking to information on this forum. That they're not kept in the loop. Well SM are just keeping you all in the loop and giving plenty of notice. If you're thinking of getting a ticket, please do so sooner rather than later. And if you know someone that may want to go, tell them. That's all they are asking.

Edited by Too Tall

Ever thought of doing a podcast? I've been desperate to do a cosplay-related one but couldn't even afford £5 a month to have enough hosting & bandwidth to get it out to enough people, so the ideas could be combined - a Showmasters/Massive Events podcast and I could present it, which would work for both of us. You'd get all the advertisement and me telling everyone all the awesome stuff coming up for your events, and I'd get my cosplay section.

Just a thought. :D

Firstly don't worry, no one's talking about pulling the plug right now.

That's the whole point of this thread. All Jason wants to get across it that the tickets are not selling well. If that "continues" over the next 3-4 months they'll have to look at whether the show goes ahead. They know there is still 6 months until the show, but with the line up they have I'm sure they were expecting more tickets to have gone by now.

SM understand people need time to save etc. But on the other hand, what's better?

That they explain that if more ticket aren't sold they "may" have to look at a cancellation, and then everyone knows the score. Buys them as soon as they can, and helps get the word out.

Or that they say nothing, wait 3 months hoping that more tickets get sold, but then maybe having to cancel because no one did buy tickets.

People are constantly asking to information on this forum. That they're not kept in the loop. Well SM are just keeping you all in the loop and giving plenty of notice. If you're thinking of getting a ticket, please do so sooner rather than later. And if you know someone that may want to go, tell them. That's all they are asking.

I really hope it isnt cancelled. Ive bought a ticket, told my friend about it and hes bought a ticket. Both of us are really looking forward to it. Its the best line up for a convention that Ive seen for years. Where else can you meet 80% of the cast in one place.

If you enjoy the show, This convention is the place to be so buy buy buy! :P

Its going to be a great event.

Im going to be cheeky now again and ask for Leonora and Aiden :blush: