Any Advertising Yet?

Centurion

I have. My local radio station as been plugging it for months,it's also on their web site. They are also coming to the event.

As for the others I don't know.

They are getting the latest info sent to the on a weekly basis. as are the papers. and stv.

I have. My local radio station as been plugging it for months,it's also on their web site. They are also coming to the event.

As for the others I don't know.

They are getting the latest info sent to the on a weekly basis. as are the papers. and stv.

That's good to know!My local radio stations and a certain well known station are usually very good at the advertising for this but nothing that I've seen/heard this year!Not to worry as it'll be a laugh as always I'm sure!

Hi,

I have heard the advertising on my local Radio station. Apparently some of the presenters themselves will be in attendance at Glasgow. :lol:

As per said on the actual radio broadcast, they plan on going to glasgow team numbered.

So maybe some freebies coming from them!

:D:D:D

Is there any reason it's just a week before? Maybe something to do with guest confirmation?

I know - That's why I mentioned multiple smaller runs.

Better, surely, to get the word out as far in advance as possible that the event is taking place, then do a second flyer run once the guests are confirmed?

Thats what I was thinking. Even if there are two guests you can announce, say for example Picardo and Benson, a first run with their names and a 'MOAR COMING!' type deal heavily pimping out the site (a very underutilised tool for a lot of companies, even today)...

...then do the rest leading up to the event for at least two months to get the word out and give plenty of notice.

If I'm right in assuming this is the first set of flyers - it gives people very little time to plan ahead, especially given prices and stalls etc.

Also, as I touched upon elsewhere, Braehead isn't a place people "are", it's a place people "go".

So an event out there, the bigger a headsup you give folk, the more likely they are to make the trip out for the show.

Very true. Thats our strategy.

Nope. I got a bunch with. Amber, Robert and michael months ago. They have Been handing them out at events also.

Who's all handling it? I could share notes on what we tend to do or have learned for our bigger events if it's any help. Usual disclaimer - but not a bash, 'tis help. I responded to the looking for help post ages ago and got nothing back

Who's all handling it? I could share notes on what we tend to do or have learned for our bigger events if it's any help. Usual disclaimer - but not a bash, 'tis help. I responded to the looking for help post ages ago and got nothing back

If you want to send me an email with your ideas, I will happily sent it on to showmasters for you. We like Ideas.

As Glasgow is not Local for SM. Your experience with the local media and things may be very helpful.

Roadrunnercmg@hotmail.com

Last shows there were adverts in Scottish 'Sunday Mail' supplemenmt magazine, ''The Sun' newspaper, etc. Mentioned in here they spent around £10,000 on advertising for 1 show!

With the absolutely feeble line up for this show, I hope they don't spend a lot on advertising, trust me ads in 'The Sun' (even though millions of readers), etc will not get many in that would not normally go to such an event. I've shown line up to many, always the same 'who are they' from most.

Seriously forget the 'Meet The Stars' type ads the line up is so poor it just won't do much.

Excuse the honesty just being factual and realistic here.

I live and work in glasgow and have never seen or heard an add for it maby they should look into putting one in the metro as lots read that.

as for the line up it is not the best i have seen but i know lots of peeps who would go just to meet the doctor from voyager :)

I live and work in glasgow and have never seen or heard an add for it maby they should look into putting one in the metro as lots read that.

as for the line up it is not the best i have seen but i know lots of peeps who would go just to meet the doctor from voyager :)

Metro would be a good place, not sure if it would be as expensive as National papers though, hope not. The line up is very poor indeed, wasn't meaning to be negative just being honest & realistic ad's in national papers like 'The Sun', TV adverts, etc - POINTLESS! Trust me very few that would not normally go to such a show, will see the advert & that line up & think I'll go to that only £10.

Can also advertise all over Braehead assume free for people hosting events there, there is stil cinema there Odeon in place next to it? Advertise there too. Also Forbidden Planet - ads in there already? There wil be in A1 Comics I'm sure as they exhibit there.

Cannot fathom nor can many the logic behind getting such a poor line up and spending thousands promoting it (quoted at £10,000 for single previous Glasgow event), it is absolutely ker-azy!!!! Most in the general public do not know who any of those people are, for those that do and don't normally go to such shows not to likely to fork out a tenner to see them. Completely baffling why Glasgow has never been allowed to grow despite promises after very first show it would and guest line up would improve, I know economic climate & they have other shows to do, etc but an enigma how with weak guest line up they expect audiences to miraculously grow from previous show.

Sure it will be good show and enjoyable weekend for those going, and there are die hard fans that will go regardless of line up, and lot of them are Star Trek, Buffy fans, etc.

God - again with the same post of poor line up etc??

Explain how you know how the general public will perceive this line-up? This is only your opinion (which you have repeated on a few threads now) and since you have already expressed it - do you need to keep repeating? Showmasters are not going to change the line-up just for you!

God - again with the same post of poor line up etc??

Explain how you know how the general public will perceive this line-up? This is only your opinion (which you have repeated on a few threads now) and since you have already expressed it - do you need to keep repeating? Showmasters are not going to change the line-up just for you!

(this from Dunfermline gadge that hangs around Ballroom in High street at weekends)

You think it is good line up?

Have spoken to many people as in hundreds, I know people are generally not interested in that crap line up especially general public that would not normally attend such events.

Know people in different professions, and their sons/daughters also at schools/social clubs that have tried to spread the word about it - 'who are they?' regarding guests '£10 they'd have to pay me that to go in' , etc are typical sort of comments.

Make the most of this event, as I'm hoping it won't be the last but with little effort from Shows to improve it & get better line up since the first show, the audience is NOT going to miraculously increase - simple fact!

Thousands of people potential market in Scotland & around Glasgow itself, thousands of shoppers at Braehead at weekend but with craptastic line up you just won't pull many in that would not normally attend such events.

Perpetual

You have made the same point time and time again.

It's time to let it go.

Showmasters do not just advertise in Glasgow. They go further afield too. Hence the amount of money you like to quote.

Please let the matter drop

Thanks