Anyone else staying at the Sheraton?

Becks

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone here who will be staying at the Sheraton Heathrow? My mum and I are coming to the event but this will be our first con so we're pretty nervous!:YAHOO: We thought it might be nice to try and say hello to other Hallowhedians who will be staying at the same hotel as us :dance:

We were thinking of getting a taxi back to the Sheraton after the parties as we understand they finish pretty late (or early however you think of it) although not too sure how far apart the two hotels actually are. If there's anyone who might be interested in keeping us company in the taxi that would be awesome (unless they're just too close to each other - in which case we'd be delighted to have company on the walk!)

Really can't wait til the event, all that's left to do now is buy train tickets!!

Thanks

Becks x

Edited by Becks

I'll be booking for the Sheraton as soon as I get paid next friday and rooming with a friend, but if your with your mum you don't really need a taxi it's just on the other side of McDonalds. You have The Thistle then a little road, then the side of the street where McDonalds is and another road on the other side of that and then the Sheraton.

Not sure what time I'll be walking back from the parties though, might not be until the end of parties.

But if you see a 5'2'' girl at the Sheraton with frizzy hair [or with a valiant attempt at straightened hair], then feel free to say hi. :poki:

If I do manage to go, the Sheraton would be my most likely choice. It looks like a really nice place!

I wish I'd know for sure already. :unsure: This suspense is killing me!

Edited by Topi

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone here who will be staying at the Sheraton Heathrow? My mum and I are coming to the event but this will be our first con so we're pretty nervous!:unsure: We thought it might be nice to try and say hello to other Hallowhedians who will be staying at the same hotel as us :lol:

We were thinking of getting a taxi back to the Sheraton after the parties as we understand they finish pretty late (or early however you think of it) although not too sure how far apart the two hotels actually are. If there's anyone who might be interested in keeping us company in the taxi that would be awesome (unless they're just too close to each other - in which case we'd be delighted to have company on the walk!)

Really can't wait til the event, all that's left to do now is buy train tickets!!

Thanks

Becks x

No point getting a Taxi all you need to do walk out the thistle, turn right, walk through into the McDs area keep going forward across the the road your at the Sheraton. Which in actual fact is A LOT nicer than the Thistle lol

No point getting a Taxi all you need to do walk out the thistle, turn right, walk through into the McDs area keep going forward across the the road your at the Sheraton. Which in actual fact is A LOT nicer than the Thistle lol

You don't even need to walk that far. Come out of the Thistle and straight ahead of you is the health/leisure place, to the right of that is a small alleyway... go straight down there and you get to the by-pass. Cross the road and you're at the entrance to the Sheraton.

It's trickier to find the alleyway in the opposite direction the first time you do it. You have to cross the road at the bit where there's the option for cars to turn onto the other lane of the dual carriageway, and it's sort of right a bit.

The alleyway can look a little spooky at night, but if you're with people it's not so bad.

Edited by erykah

Thanks for all the info guys!

We were mainly thinking of getting a taxi because we just don't know the area at all and weren't sure how good an idea it was to go traipsing around in the early hours of the morning :YAHOO:

Surely by the early hours of the morning you will already have been there in the normal hours of the day though, and thus will know how to get there and back.

It's not that we're worried about getting lost - I was referring more to a safety point of view, i.e. is it a good idea for 2 lone females to be wandering around after dark in this area.

(We don't do this kind of thing very often, as you can probably tell)

There's nothing wrong with the area... it's not in the slums, hehe. You literally just walk towards the McDonalds and cross the road. You relaly won't have a problem, and there'll be lots of pairs of women crossing.

That's cool then - we figured there probably would be others walking back to the Sheraton after the parties.

If anyone else staying at the Sheraton spots us feel free to come and say hello - if you spot a lady with a snake tattoo on her shoulder, that's me :D

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone here who will be staying at the Sheraton Heathrow? My mum and I are coming to the event but this will be our first con so we're pretty nervous!;) We thought it might be nice to try and say hello to other Hallowhedians who will be staying at the same hotel as us :D

Thanks

Becks x

Hi, I will be staying at Sheraton too. It's a good idea to learn who else is staying there and maybe meet before the con, not sure when i'll be coming back after parties, probably also late, but it'll be great to not walk alone at night:)

Hi, I will be staying at Sheraton too. It's a good idea to learn who else is staying there and maybe meet before the con, not sure when i'll be coming back after parties, probably also late, but it'll be great to not walk alone at night:)

Hi, yes I agree it's definetly a good idea. If you see us feel free to come and say hello - I have a snake tattoo on my left shoulder, probably the best way of recognising me! :smile:

• 1 month later...

hi becks!

me and my friend alexia (james4ever) will stay at the sheraton.

this us, so if you can recognize us and come to say hi if you want

^^

maybe we can do a little group and go all togheter at the thistle from the sheraton :blink:

Edited by jo87

hi becks!

^^

maybe we can do a little group and go all togheter at the thistle from the sheraton :smile:

So are me and my friend :)

I'm at the Sheraton too.

I've stayed there a couple of times, it's really nice. And it's really easy to get to and from the Thistle - it's literally cross a road, pass MacDonalds, cross another road and you're there. There is an almost constant stream of people going to and fro - if you're nervous you won't have long to wait to join others going that way. (And I'm a lone woman, never encountered any problems.)

I may be there on my own as well, so feel free to come and say hi.

hi becks!

^^

maybe we can do a little group and go all togheter at the thistle from the sheraton

That sounds fab! I'll look out for you :firedevil:

I'm at the Sheraton too.

I've stayed there a couple of times, it's really nice. And it's really easy to get to and from the Thistle - it's literally cross a road, pass MacDonalds, cross another road and you're there. There is an almost constant stream of people going to and fro - if you're nervous you won't have long to wait to join others going that way. (And I'm a lone woman, never encountered any problems.)

I may be there on my own as well, so feel free to come and say hi.

That's good to know, thanks!

I'm very happy that we won't be the only Hallowhedians at the Sheraton! It does seem like a very nice hotel, from the pictures.

Yeahhhh we are all at sheraton so we can place , as jo says before, a little group so we can stay together , speak a little bit and go together at the hallowhedon !!!! So nobody can miss something!!!!! Happyyyyyyy i can't wait to see you soon !!!!!

Sounds brilliant, look forward to seeing everyone there :YAHOO:

• 2 weeks later...