COE - Guests

Tiggerboing

You know if we brought a ticket for James Moran/Joesph Lidster/Kai Owen/Tom Price and a double room for them to share (everyone knows Joe is James's bitch and that Kai and Tom are close) if everyone donated say anything between £1-£5 we'd have them covered transport costs too!!

It would be really easy for us to do that!

I know, maybe we should.:yoda:

Should we ask them? :P

James won't be around much this week so we can't ask him. :WINCE: Kai and Tom have a footie date and Joe hasn't been online a lot.

I'm not sure. Massive Events are the convention organisers, not us, but if they were happy to invite them then yeah, I'd love to see them at the event. It'd be great if any of them came but I think before asking them, it may be better to see if Massive Events are happy with you doing so first? Especially if they are going to sign autos etc. :o

If SM/ME were happy with getting them wouldn't they have them already? all seem up for it and this is the cheapest option for both fans and SM/ME all fans would have to do is drop a donation for their auto into a bucket.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did the 'we love COE' thread become the 'lets get the other guests and run our own little event' thread?

:headscratch: Mods, a word?

Yeah, I agree with this. I didn't love CoE, but I'm a bit worried about the turn things have taken on this thread. I'm hoping that it's not serious, of course, but a word from the mods might not hurt too badly.

Well, nothings happened so I can't see the harm in this and i thought this was a hate CoE thread? Cos i haven't seen much loving apart from there great actors/actresses in *insert other TV show* so enjoy them BUT no more from CoE.

You're right that there hasn't been a lot of love expressed for the series (I know that I certainly do not fall into the 'loved CoE' category), even though the thread is subtitled 'Loved the series'. FWIW, I'd really like to see more people who were not specific to CoE as guests, as well, especially Tom Price, but got a bit nervous about the idea of going around SM/ME to run a sort of 'shadow' event. However tempting that might be, I wouldn't want to see it happen.

Edited by Blackbird

You're right that there hasn't been a lot of love expressed for the series (I know that I certainly do not fall into the 'loved CoE' category), even though the thread is subtitled 'Loved the series'. FWIW, I'd really like to see more people who were not specific to CoE as guests, as well, especially Tom Price, but got a bit nervous about the idea of going around SM/ME to run a sort of 'shadow' event. However tempting that might be, I wouldn't want to see it happen.

Personally I'm sorta putting it under the heading of 'blowing off steam' and getting on with things.

Not that I wouldn't love to see the guys there but they have busy lives & just may not have the time to fan-boy with us.

Though I'm sure the guys over on the "Where's the guys?" thread would love to have a few more guys at the con. :o;) Poor things I think we've almost hijacked their thread.

Morgan

Well, nothings happened so I can't see the harm in this and i thought this was a hate CoE thread? Cos i haven't seen much loving apart from there great actors/actresses in *insert other TV show* so enjoy them BUT no more from CoE.

See, that's the thing I'm dreading, that in the month up to Hub 3 we get more CoE guests. The people leading the poll haven't been asked and the mass call for writers has been ignored. I next half expect to see the 456 signed up!!

• Moderators

But people like Kai and Tom etc have been to a lot of cons before, and so many people requesting them have already met them multiple times. You can't blame ME for trying to get new guests. It's absolutely unrealistic to expect them to have half the same lineup at every Hub event.

I understand some people haven't met Tom or Kai etc, but I KNOW so many of you on here already have and keep on about them.

And to say you're 'dreading' more COE guests is a bit silly. They could be some of the best guests to ever attend a convention. So many people aren't even giving them a chance, just because SOME others attended parties in the past etc.

Surely Kai or whoever had a first time at a con before? What if he'd been ignored because someone else was such fun at a con? No one knows how good this con could be, and how sociable the guests could be.

See, that's the thing I'm dreading, that in the month up to Hub 3 we get more CoE guests. The people leading the poll haven't been asked and the mass call for writers has been ignored. I next half expect to see the 456 signed up!!

So because you don't like Children of Earth, you dread more guests from the series being announced and would prefer no more guests than more from Children of Earth? That puzzles me, especially as most people would prefer more guests from Children of Earth to be announced than none at all. You don't have to see all the guests if you don't want to. ;)

Surely Kai or whoever had a first time at a con before? What if he'd been ignored because someone else was such fun at a con? No one knows how good this con could be, and how sociable the guests could be.

He did and I met him at his first convention, Collectormania Manchester 4. No one knew what he was going to be like and he was such good fun, his talk was hilarious. I've never met Tom unfortunately so would love to meet him and would also love to meet Kai again, that's for slightly more personal reasons that I don't really want to go into though. B)

Edited by Doctor Who

I know Kai is sociable cos I took him to a pub after a London con last year and he was sweet trying to get us drinks but I wouldn't have it seeing as it was us who wanted him there.

Having met him a lot of times I still want to meet him again (even after a Welsh con coming up) and seeing as a lot of people have been asking for him he seems to be second popular.

Having Kai and Tom around is hardly half the cast every Hub, seeing as only Kai has been MC of the past 2 Hubs and Tom has only been to the last one (could be wrong but i assume it was his first ever con?). Matt was wonderful and crazy. Although preconceived attitude aside I can't say what I thought of Roderic cos I missed his panels being somewhere else not sure where.

Oh and what about writers there, we had Phil Ford last time and i got the gherkin comment/joke again. Was he just last thing at the bottom of a barrel (meaning writer not personality) figured might as well?

• Showmasters Admin

Yes people may want Kai and Tom.

That doesn't mean..

A: they are available

B: they want to do it

C: the show can afford them

D: the organisers don't want a bit of variety and so aren't looking at having 4 guests at Hub 3 that have already been to a Hub event.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Yes, they have said they want to come. Kai may only be able to do Friday/Saturday but that's good enough.

Sponsored guests?

So that means John, Eve, Gareth, Naoko, Burn and Kai amongst others cannot come to Hub 4.

Maybe it will happen, I'm not saying it won't. I am just saying because people ask for it doesn't mean it's possible or that the organisers want it.

Nope. I didn't say they didn't want ANY guests that have attended Hub events before, just they may not wish to have 4 repeat guests. They may wish to have some variety to the shows. And as someone else has mentioned, leave some of the great guests for the next shows.

Edited by Too Tall

So that means John, Eve, Gareth, Naoko, Burn and Kai amongst others cannot come to Hub 4.

It's highly unlikely that you'd get them at the same event but I'd be suprised if not one or two of them came to the event. I'm sure Massive Events know that people love the main cast and that's why we do have some guests who have been to previous Hubs attending this one. I know SM and ME always try their best to please their attendees, who wouldn't? :blink:

Edited by Doctor Who

Yes, they have said they want to come. Kai may only be able to do Friday/Saturday but that's good enough.

Sponsored guests?

Maybe it will happen, I'm not saying it won't. I am just saying because people ask for it doesn't mean it's possible or that the organisers want it.

Nope. I didn't say they didn't want ANY guests that have attended Hub events before, just they may not wish to have 4 repeat guests. They may wish to have some variety to the shows. And as someone else has mentioned, leave some of the great guests for the next shows.

Variety? Bring the writers, they have stories to tell about what goes into making an ep of Torchwood plus James's reaction when he first met John is hilarious and something I can relate to!

Also what was the point of the thread and poll you guys started asking us who we'd like at the Hub?

It's highly unlikely that you'd get them at the same event but I'd be suprised if not one or two of them came to the event. I'm sure Massive Events know that people love the main cast and that's why we do have some guests who have been to previous Hubs attending this one. I know SM and ME always try their best to please their attendees, who wouldn't? :blink:

Well, no because S4 will be filming next year if BBCA are to be believed. Burn could very well be up for doing other things and Eve poss wouldn't want to leave her young child for a whole weekend.

Also depending on when it is Gareth is doing a con in Febuary with John and James Marsters.

• Moderators

Also what was the point of the thread and poll you guys started asking us who we'd like at the Hub?

As with any poll on here, it's just to get a very rough idea of who might be good to get along to a con.

Just like when they had polls to vote for what new cons people wanted .. just because some won, it didn't guarantee they'd happen!

Sponsored guests?

Just because they want to come doesn't mean that Massive Events can afford them! We have lots of guests already, and just because you're not interested in meeting some of them, doesn't mean that no-one else is. If you're not happy with the line-up, don't go! It really is as simple as that!

As with any poll on here, it's just to get a very rough idea of who might be good to get along to a con.

Just like when they had polls to vote for what new cons people wanted .. just because some won, it didn't guarantee they'd happen!

If it was a pointer to SM then why ignore it? Gareth was a pointer to go to Wales and a bit of work its happening rather then thrown in the bin like it was going to be.

• Moderators

If it was a pointer to SM then why ignore it? Gareth was a pointer to go to Wales and a bit of work its happening rather then thrown in the bin like it was going to be.

Like I said, it does not guarantee anything.

It can't be anything BUT a rough indication of what people might want.

Who is voting in the polls? How do we know it's everyone who is attending the Hub? Or people that already have tickets? Multiple account users? etc. Too many variables to EVER run an event based solely on the results of a forum poll I'm afraid.

That and we don't know budgets or plans for the rest of the event and future events.

This is genuinely the only section where I've felt like the fans think they run the event, and have the right to DEMAND certain guests or else they're going to bring them themselves :blink:

Honestly, some people make me think that the whole thing is pretty spoilt and ridiculous.

Edited by DavidB

Like I said, it does not guarantee anything.

It can't be anything BUT a rough indication of what people might want.

Who is voting in the polls? How do we know it's everyone who is attending the Hub? Or people that already have tickets? Multiple account users? etc. Too many variables to EVER run an event based solely on the results of a forum poll I'm afraid.

That and we don't know budgets or plans for the rest of the event and future events.

This is genuinely the only section where I've felt like the fans think they run the event, and have the right to DEMAND certain guests or else they're going to bring them themselves :blink:

Honestly, some people make me think that the whole thing is pretty spoilt and ridiculous.

I hope when you're referring to "the fans" you don't mean all of us! A very small minority of people seem to be behaving in a pretty obnoxious way (to the point where I can barely bring myself to read this forum), but they by no means represent everyone! All of the Torchwood fans I've met at the previous conventions have been lovely people! :D

Edited by ruth76

This is genuinely the only section where I've felt like the fans think they run the event, and have the right to DEMAND certain guests or else they're going to bring them themselves :blink: Honestly, some people make me think that the whole thing is pretty spoilt and ridiculous.

I wouldn't say the whole thing is spoilt and ridiculous. There's many of us attendees, like me, who appreciate all the work that SM and ME have done. I can't wait for the event and would never try to organise a guest for an event myself if they weren't invited by the convention organisers. I can't wait for The Hub 3, it's going to be such a fantastic event. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

Absolutely not. And I apologise if anyone feels it's aimed at everyone.

I genuinely have no problem with the majority of fans, who seem like a great bunch. I've talked to many of them, and if I was going I'd love to meet them and have a chat about everything.

So don't worry, I don't have an overall opinion. I realise there's always a small section within a fandom that is just a little different from the rest :blink:

I'm glad you said some people David, as there are quite a lot of us who are perfectly happy with the lineup, but choose not to post all the time banging on about it. But I suppose there again, we're not best Twitter friends with the cast, so our opinion doesn't count, does it? We're not on first name terms with Gareth/Tom/Kai et al, so we're obviously not proper fans, are we? I choose not to repeatedly schlepp my spam round the country after a few actors, so what right do I even have to be there?

It's all too freaking Craig Parker for my taste, and is certainly going to be the last one I attend as I'm sick of it.